• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Literally here.
"The ritual is complete... But the door to the demon world is..."

The ritual that was being performed by Arius to unite the worlds only involved creating a portal.
As I have told you again and again, this is on the end of the game, while Arius states that the world is already warped on Mission 8 - well before the end of the game. This portal can't possibly have accounted for this.

Not to mention the outright false quote (the ritual is said to be INCOMPLETE, not complete, on tyour link) and the stuff about Arius. Arius's ritual wasn't going to unite the worlds. Argosax was. He opens that portal so he can absorb Argosax's power and perform the feat that we're talking about.

So this is a pretty much self-debunking link.

And yet the supposed "merging" did absolutely nothing. There was no merging of universes and we don't see any of it. You are the ones debunking yourselves, using feats which never happen.

This thread went south. I'd like to have Toshio's politeness back.

@Matthew

I'm sorry, but the supporters are right in this case. Not only the burden of proof is on you but you need to support your arguments with something more than "this was rejected before" because there's more evidence, statements and new info about the topic that needs to be adressed.

You are the guy we've been waiting for to solve the thread, and your replies feels unsatisfactory because you're not telling a single thing about the thread but previous threads. I have no actual weight in this discussion as a knowledgeable member since I'm not, nor a staff member, but as a debater I must tell you that you're doing it wrong.

Whether or not this is acceptable, accurate or something on the line, you need to provide actual evidence and don't use the "no u" kind of argument to prove your point. I'm sorry if this sounds too rude or direct, I'm trying to be as polite as possible while I try to make myself clear.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2850615#222

The scans I posted are above.

• ""Now, give me the Arcanas. With them, my power will be complete, and I will become like the immortal, Argosax! I will achieve absolute wisdom and transcend all. The world is already warped. Everything that belongs to the demons will eventually revert to its original form"
This is the full quote by Arius in the game itself. Hope we can put this whole "portal" thing to rest.

They aren't right. They haven't provided any burden of proof beyond some vague quotes about merging which are unsupported by visual evidence in the slightest. There is absolutely no proof that any universe was merged.

All that happens is that vague quotes are taken which are applied the highest possible interpretation with no regard for consistency. And I am providing evidence, I am responding to the claims, and I am showing cutscenes. But it is difficult to get anywhere when all I receive back is a "no u, debunked already" reply.

With personal insults sprinkled in.

This is argument from exhaustion. There's no discussion being held and the people for the upgrade are trying to tire the opponents out. That's all there is here.

@Matthew Schroeder

Why did you close the continuation thread? Ant was the one who proposed to make a new one and you have yet to actually debunk anything.

The "original form" is simply the two worlds connected by a portal. And this is a statement coming from a delusional and megalomaniac bad guy. Who doesn't achieve his goals. It is not a reliable statement. That you use it so eagerly is absurd.

Dienomite22 said:
@Matthew Schroeder
Why did you close the continuation thread? Ant was the one who proposed to make a new one and you have yet to actually debunk anything.
I have debunked every single point in this thread. But you guys will continue to hold your opinion whether it is answered or not. This is how it happens with every single DMC thread.

@Matthew Schroeder

Don't take it from us then, get anyone in here to look at the thread and they will see you didn't debunk anything and you're being dismissive.You claim we're trying to tire you out but we let weeks go by without disturbing you with the thread and we don't mind how long you take to respond, don't try and claim anything about anyone tiring you out.

Here you go again, trying to paint yourself as the "correct one" and trying to demean the supporters's rguments. Nobody here is trying to insult you. You're the one who has been extremely passive-aggressive with your responses and offensive addages, such as "lmao". This is the first scan you have posted on the entire thread - when it is about to be concluded. Before that, you were just saying

> They aren't right. They haven't provided any burden of proof beyond some vague quotes about merging which are unsupported by visual evidence in the slightest. There is absolutely no proof that any universe was merged.

The quotes aren't vague. It is explicitly clarified in the guide that the Demon World would consume our dimension altogether.

This is literally something you do, Paradox. I have been insulted multiple times and it isn't my fault that your entire proposed upgrade verges on a megalomaniacal villain ranting about how he's going to become all-powerful and not any visual evidence.

No merging ever happens let alone on a universal scale.

And in conclusion, the thread really wasn't going to be concluded either. I'm just preventing us from having another 500 posts of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back