• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Astro Boy VS Mega Man (Classic)

Where's Astro Boy stronger? Megaman has a higher AP, better hax and speed advantage bro

Mega Man blitzes

@Reploiid I have a sneaking suspicion he got that info from death battle

Also yeah Megaman Has far better Hax And Blitzes astro even ignoring the AP and dura differences

you didn't specify which version of Astro Boy so I'm gonna assume this is for his 4-C/Low 2-C version which needs to be added

Mega Man is only slightly stronger (1.4 vs 2.0 Zettatons) but has the hax advantage.

That last picture is disturbing.

But all around, Mega wins due to his severe hax advantage.

Astro is significantly smarter, has fought with opponents with hundreds of years of experience and can reset the battle until he runs out of determination. Plus Maga Man's haxes are not that impossible to deal with, I going with Astro Boy.

@Eficiente

You could say the exact same thing about any of the Stardroids or Ra Moon or Duo.

In addition, Astro doesn't have counters for the vast majority of Mega's abilities.

Mega Man at his weakest has the AP and Durability advantage over Astro Boy at his strongest; oh wait, the Omega Factor version is Star level. Anyway, Mega Man is at least 25x faster; 250c vs simply FTL. Mega Man also has far superior hax; Time Stop, BFR, Gravity manipulation, durability negation of various forms, and much more. Additionally, he defeated many opponents similar to Astro Boy. F.E. Astro Man!

@Reppuzan My mistake; 20,000 years < 30,000 (the Mu guys), that's the advantage.

@DarkDragonMedeus Omega Factor Astro escaped Sharaku's BFR and beat Garon who has Gravity manipulation. In the other things, yes, he has no defenses for that. "Additionally, he defeated many opponents similar to Astro Boy", so does Astro.

+Better AP.

+Better Dura.

+Better Speed.

+Better SS.

+Likely better range.

+More hax.

Megas likely stomps.

@Newendigo

+Better AP

+Better Dura

-Lesser speed

=Stamina

-Hax disadvantage

+Error solver time travel is a thing

+Major intellect

How's this a stomp?

Wasn't this already done and didn't the Blue Bomber win?

In all honesty all versions of Astro lose except for Omega Factor Astro

60s version has Tier 5/4 feats as well, plus a Tier 2 outlier. I'm trying to look into them.

If so then is a stomp and it was done before, can we use Omega Factor Astro to avoid making another fight?

Jesterofgames said:
@Reploiid I have a sneaking suspicion he got that info from death battle
Also yeah Megaman Has far better Hax And Blitzes astro even ignoring the AP and dura differences
No. Read the Manga. I have almost all volumes of Astro Boy and I can easily say, that Astro stomps, especially since this is Classic Mega Man. It's rediculous how much this website downplays Astro badly. This is literally an aluminum can going up against a garbage compactor. Even with his time hax, that ultimately means nothing unless he can dish out enough punishment to put Astro down, which is something his little buzzsaws and leaves cannot do.

Multi-city block duribility? Bullshit. He's survived much more devastating blows than that even a rocket that was capable of blowing up the sun was only capable of knocking him out and that's only Manga Astro. If you want a more fairer fight then make an "X VS. Astro Boy" thread.

Then again I've come to expect this kind of off-shooting from a website that places Sora at "Solar System level" based on a horrible outlier.

If you have problems with the tiering of some characters instead of complaining do a content revision thread to upgrade/downgrade those characters with evidence.

@TheDude

Note that if you read the profiles properly, you would notice that there are keys about the different versions of Astro. This is the Planet level verison and we're having a Star level upgrade for the Omega Factor version.

Do you have scans of that "missile blowing the sun" feat and the continuity in which the feat takes place?

Also, you're free to have your own opinions, but there's no reason to insult the wiki or declare something an outlier out of spite without doing sufficient research on it.

@TheDude.

I agree that Astro is very lowballed here. Our ratings all came from one guy who left awhile back, and I know about the Star feat you're describing, and another one.

However, I do not agree with your attitude. Please calm down and talk in a more polite manner. Don't insult us or others because you don't agree with our ratings, instead actively try to help us by improving our ratings. That said, 4-B KH has been discussed to death and will likely not being changing anytime soon due to most people, including our KH experts, agreeing with the rating.

Darkanine said:
@TheDude.
I agree that Astro is very lowballed here. Our ratings all came from one guy who left awhile back, and I know about the Star feat you're describing, and another one.

However, I do not agree with your attitude. Please calm down and talk in a more polite manner. Don't insult us or others because you don't agree with our ratings, instead actively try to help us by improving our ratings. That said, 4-B KH has been discussed to death and will likely not being changing anytime soon due to most people, including our KH experts, agreeing with the rating.
Sorry, I do admit, my attitude was off and for that I greatly apologise for it.

And, I know this is off-topic, but the KH scaling really seems like it's filled with outliers for me and I am someone who has been playing KH since it's first premiered back in 2002, I just made a thread about my concerns here...

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/926646

Sadly, no replies yet.

Mega Man wins:

- +MFTL reflexes and combat speed

- Can discover the weaknesses of his opponents and adapt to their fighting styles.

- Hax weaponry such as Time Stopper and Black Hole Bomb would prove problematic since he can use them to escape attacks and gain advantages.

- Elemental weapons (fires hotter than the Earth's core and absolute zero ice that can freeze said fires and lava with the same temperature) would be effective against Astro due to his vulnerability to them (correct me if I'm wrong).

- Has various shields to protect him from attacks as well as the Mirror Buster that can reflect Astro's projectiles back at him.

- His more strategic and calculative approach trumps Astro Boy's more straight forward one especially since Mega Man is a master of ranged combat with good experience in close quarters.

- Base strength is already in small mountain range and that's without his Super Arm weapon which augments his strength so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by Astro's sheer strength.

@X Squared

- You're right, Mega Man is faster.

- Astro is stupidly superior in intelligence, even if Mega Man were able to discover a weakness he wouldn't have the AP to do anything useful.

- Yes, Mega Man has the hax advantage.

- Astro has resistance to those elements, in any case without ignoring durability they are useless because of their poor potency.

- Shields are useless because of their inferior durability. If you mention that beyond the haxes part I mention Astro's time travel, because as soon as he decides to use it Mega Man is already dead.

- I already said that Astro is superior in intelligence, however, you present other advantage for him; if Mega Man keeps his distance that will only alert Astro of his superior speed.

- The best Astro is Star level in dura & power, and that's the one we're using.

@WeeklyBattles As Cropfist said, the version of Astro was not specified, nor the one of Mega Man.

He does have a point. No version was specified, so we use the strongest version by default. Astro stomps. If it's Low 5-B Astro, then Mega stomps.

@Laserbeak3.0 Could you specify/change which version of Astro boy we're using? Without specification, we use the strongest version which will result in a stomp. Could you change it to low 5-B forms?

Eficiente said:
@X Squared
- You're right, Mega Man is faster.

- Astro is stupidly superior in intelligence, even if Mega Man were able to discover a weakness he wouldn't have the AP to do anything useful.

- Yes, Mega Man has the hax advantage.

- Astro has resistance to those elements, in any case without ignoring durability they are useless because of their poor potency.

- Shields are useless because of their inferior durability. If you mention that beyond the haxes part I mention Astro's time travel, because as soon as he decides to use it Mega Man is already dead.

- I already said that Astro is superior in intelligence, however, you present other advantage for him; if Mega Man keeps his distance that will only alert Astro of his superior speed.

- The best Astro is Star level in dura & power, and that's the one we're using.

-What makes astro "stupidly smarter"?

-Incredible cold resistence is Nothing close to absolute zero.

-whats matter if megaman alerts astro about his speed? He will not even be able to to see him anyway. And if megaman uses time slow that would be a shit speed curb stomps.

Back