• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Astro Boy VS Mega Man (Classic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. sorry... the Blue Bomber has superior everything except for raw physical strength. He takes this (pretty sure this has been done already though).

Indeed Mega Man wins, his overall stats are better, even with speed equalized. Mega Man's feat of surviving hits from a blood-lusted Sun Star is superior to Astro Boy's feat of deflecting hits from Atlas. His destructive power is also slightly better than Astro and most importantly he has far superior hax weapons. Absolute Zero freeze rays, electricity strong enough to power a reactor, time stops, black hole bombs and fire hotter than the sun etc.

A DB Fan named Jake said:
Yeah, about that, Death Battle would beg to differ...
Death Battle also seems to believe that Toph would beat Gaara, Yang would beat Tifa, Tails would beat Luigi and so on

Yojimbo1989 said:
Death Battle also seems to believe that Toph would beat Gaara, Yang would beat Tifa, Tails would beat Luigi and so on
The only one I agree with you is Yang vs Tifa, there's no way Yang can beat someone who took a supernova to the face, especially now thanks to Adam Taurus

However, Gaara brought Toph all the ammo she needed, and Tails outsmarted Luigi (I.Q. over 300, remember?).

Just look at the difference in AP though. Toph has never manipulated as much Earth as Gaara does sand. TVTropes notes that it is reviled as the worst researched Death Battle of all time.

But back on topic, the forums here require one to follow the profiles we've created unless you have sufficient evidence to modify them.

Yojimbo1989 said:
Death Battle also seems to believe that Toph would beat Gaara, Yang would beat Tifa, Tails would beat Luigi and so o
The only one I agree with you is Yang vs Tifa, there's no way Yang can beat someone who took a supernova to the face, especially now thanks to Adam Taurus
However, Gaara brought Toph all the ammo she needed, and Tails outsmarted Luigi (I.Q. over 300, remember?).
This all assumes that Toph can bypass Gaara's own control over his sand, which uses his own lifeforce, whilst at the same time completely neglecting Gaara's own vastly superior physical stats. As for Luigi vs Tails, it doesn't matter, if you look at Luigi's physicality then Tails has absolutely no way to hurt Luigi

Yojimbo1989 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
Death Battle also seems to believe that Toph would beat Gaara, Yang would beat Tifa, Tails would beat Luigi and so o
This all assumes that Toph can bypass Gaara's own control over his sand, which uses his own lifeforce, whilst at the same time completely neglecting Gaara's own vastly superior physical stats. As for Luigi vs Tails, it doesn't matter, if you look at Luigi's physicality then Tails has absolutely no way to hurt Luigi
Toph doesn't need to fully control others' earth to misdirect their attacks. Plus, Gaara's Sand Armor is a HUGE drain on his chakra, and it weighs him down.

Tails defeated Mammoth Mogul, which this very wiki classified at least 2-C: Multiverse Level. Another example of a Multiverse Level being getting outsmarted and destroyed is Bill Cipher. Despite being near-godlike, he was defeated by 2 kids and 2 old men

So either you're wrong, or Vs Battles needs to do some serious tier changes

Yojimbo1989 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
Toph doesn't need to fully control others' earth to misdirect their attacks. Plus, Gaara's Sand Armor is a HUGE drain on his chakra, and it weighs him down.
Tails defeated Mammoth Mogul, which this very wiki classified at least 2-C: Multiverse Level. Another example of a Multiverse Level being getting outsmarted and destroyed is Bill Cipher. Despite being near-godlike, he was defeated by 2 kids and 2 old men

Gaara's sand is a huge drain on his chakra with respect to the Naruto verse, remember he held an entire city worth of sand over his head which he used to block several meteors. Plus the two main factors that you and DB are failing to mention is speed and durability. Gaara is hypersonic and can therefore just blitz Toph, meanwhile Toph's durability is at best Large Building level, meaning a single attack from Gaara would either cripple or outright kill her.

Tails beating Mammoth Mogul was part of Archie comics, which is non canon, hence why Archie Sonic has his own seperate profile to game Sonic

Yojimbo1989 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:

Gaara's sand is a huge drain on his chakra with respect to the Naruto verse, remember he held an entire city worth of sand over his head which he used to block several meteors. Plus the two main factors that you and DB are failing to mention is speed and durability. Gaara is hypersonic and can therefore just blitz Toph, meanwhile Toph's durability is at best Large Building level, meaning a single attack from Gaara would either cripple or outright kill her.
Tails beating Mammoth Mogul was part of Archie comics, which is non canon, hence why Archie Sonic has his own seperate profile to game Sonic
What is it about "Toph can sense earth anywhere" and "Toph can alter earth in ANYconceiveable way" that people don't get? It doesn't matter how strong Gaara's sand is when Toph can alter it's density to soften attacks, like the Sand Burial. Also, Youtube doesn't have the scene you're talking about. It has the one where he stopped a meteor that Anouki lightened.

Gaara has never been hypersonic. Before you even mention the 5 Kage Summit, where Gaara stopped A from killing Sasuke, A wasn't moving at hypersonic speeds when Gaara stepped in. Also, while I agree Amaterasu is usually near-instant, Sasuke wasn't at 100% when Gaara blocked it, because A beat the hell out of him, and Sasuke's eye was bleeding. Also, Susano'o. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntOOE_-HQ8c

Know what else is near instant? Combustion Man's heat beams, and here we see Toph dodging it in their first encounter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLVFD7s8kc

And here we see Toph raising a rock and launching it at Combustion Man just as he gets a shot off at the end of "The Runaway": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGh3NrjMrFs

Don't come to me with that "Toph is too slow" BS

Also, not even Google is finding any official statements from Sega saying the Archie comics aren't canon. So until Sega officially says otherwise, Tails' victory over Mammoth Mogul is canon. Btw, this is the same loophole that allowed Peach's Empress Peach attack.

As I said, Vs Battles needs to do some serious tier changes

Look, this is a forum post about Mega Man vs Astro Boy. Death Battle rulings do not apply here. If you want to discuss tier changes, go to the content revision forum and post your arguments there. I'm sure that the community would love to discuss it with you and prove/disprove your points (I'm leaning towards the latter).

You have to abide by the rulings and guidelines set by the staff for as long as you are active on this wiki. Otherwise shove it.

Reppuzan said:
Look, this is a forum post about Mega Man vs Astro Boy. Death Battle rulings do not apply here. If you want to discuss tier changes, go to the content revision forum and post your arguments there. I'm sure that the community would love to discuss it with you and prove/disprove your points (I'm leaning towards the latter).
You have to abide by the rulings and guidelines set by the staff for as long as you are active on this wiki. Otherwise shove it.
/\THANK YOU!

A DB Fan named Jake This is a warning, don't derail threads and question wiki ratings based on deathbattles. If you have any problem with any character's stats, do your own research and create a content revision thread. Do not use other forums for reference

If asking users to doing their own research make us garbage, then we would gladly remain so. However don't ask to change stats of characters based on Deathbattles, they're not primary source

If you continue with your poor choice of words, you'll receive a block I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back