• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll throw my vote in for Pyra.

Though I will ask. What exactly is Asta's wincon? It ain't AP due to High Godly and immortalities. He doesn't have any solid means to incap either.

I'll throw my vote in for Pyra.

Though I will ask. What exactly is Asta's wincon? It ain't AP due to High Godly and immortalities. He doesn't have any solid means to incap either.
I mean her Regen becomes limited if he breaks her core crystal but how limited?

So is the deconstuction an ether based ability? If so as long as he blocks it with his swords he should be fine.

also can I see some examples of them staying far away and spamming ranged attacks.

I mean her Regen becomes limited if he breaks her core crystal but how limited?
Its on Malos' profile which Pyra's links to.

So is the deconstuction an ether based ability? If so as long as he blocks it with his swords he should be fine.

also can I see some examples of them staying far away and spamming ranged attacks.
Again, I don't see anything that is stopping the Swords from feeling the effects of deconstruction. You have mentioned Langris' magic but that is a resistance to Existence Erasure and not Deconstruction. Though they should be able to do it through sword slashes as seen with a fellow Blade Jin doing just that.

Pyra and Mythra themselves unless you wanna count a cutscene as Pneuma where they snipe towers that a man called Amalthus was using to inflict body puppetry, haven't done much to snipe someone mostly due to the fact that they never needed to all of their fights were up close. We know they can do it as seen with their fellow Aegis Malos doing it along with it not being out of character for them to do so.

The point about that argument though is that given their information analysis it is something that can happen. Its just a potential wincon among the others.

Asta’s swords can erase the mana that comes into contact with them. Since mana is equalized with ether here it should also be erased. Even then his third sword can revert the effects of magic as well as the magic itself.

I might as well use bringing of time skip asta's base so he can use black asta as that's just higher then his base form

Asta’s swords can erase the mana that comes into contact with them. Since mana is equalized with ether here it should also be erased. Even then his third sword can revert the effects of magic as well as the magic itself.
Erase? Where does it state that on Asta's profile? I only see "nullify" which would make it a form of power null, something that Pyra resists.

This is how Anti-Magic works, by erasing magic

And Anti-Magic bypasses resistance to powernull

Voting Asta fra btw
His profile never mentions it erasing magic. Only that it nullifies it.

I don't see Resistance Negation on Asta's profile. If its the case of it being a higher potency you'll can ya give me a scan of it working on someone who previously resisted it?

Even then, I'll ask again. What is Asta's wincon? It ain't AP due to High Godly, it isn't going to be incap due to not having any solid options to do so and how its going to be more likely than the Aegis girls getting info on Asta through their information analysis and either using their power null and sealing to say no to anti magic, using their probability manip, abuse Siren to just rain dozens of blasts on Asta.

There is also the fact to consider that Mythra's abilities are not ether based which by going off of the equalisation of ether and mana in this thread would mean that Asta would be unable to use his anti magic on her thus leaving it primed for deconstruction.

His profile never mentions it erasing magic. Only that it nullifies it.
Here, and Erasing Magic still falls under powernull anyway.
I don't see Resistance Negation on Asta's profile. If its the case of it being a higher potency you'll can ya give me a scan of it working on someone who previously resisted it?
1. You don't get resistance negation for powernulling someone with powernull resistance

2. It works against everyone in the verse, and most of the cast has power null resistance, some of them even having another layer of resistance on top of it
Even then, I'll ask again. What is Asta's wincon? It ain't AP due to High Godly, it isn't going to be incap due to not having any solid options to do so and how its going to be more likely than the Aegis girls getting info on Asta through their information analysis and either using their power null and sealing to say no to anti magic, using their probability manip, abuse Siren to just rain dozens of blasts on Asta.

There is also the fact to consider that Mythra's abilities are not ether based which by going off of the equalisation of ether and mana in this thread would mean that Asta would be unable to use his anti magic on her thus leaving it primed for deconstruction.
AP is still a thing, you don't need to obliterate your opponent to knock him out. As for the dozen of projectiles, Asta has deal with far more than that so it's not impressive

Last edited:
Here, and Erasing Magic still falls under powernull anyway.

1. You don't get resistance negation for powernulling someone with powernull resistance

2. It works against everyone in the verse, and most of the cast has power null resistance, some of them even having another layer of resistance on top of it

AP is still a thing, you don't need to obliterate your opponent to knock him out. As for the dozen of projectiles, Asta has deal with far more than that so it's not impressive
Thank you. Still don't see how its gonna stop the information analysis to gain knowledge on Asta and his capabilities, power null/sealing, deconstruction on hit, the ability to know Asta's next movements thanks to Foresight, give Asta no room to dodge the deconstruction, being able to teleport and/or fly outside of Asta's range along with Asta's anti magic not working on Mythra due to her not using ether which as stated earlier equalised to not using mana.

Thank you. Still don't see how its gonna stop the information analysis to gain knowledge on Asta and his capabilities,
Asta also has information analysis
power null/sealing,
Asta resists powernull
deconstruction on hit, the ability to know Asta's next movements thanks to Foresight,
Resistance to deconstruction with Black Asta, and Asta fought characters with precog so it's not adding much, especially when he has his own precog coupled with a significant speed advantage
or fly outside of Asta's range along with Asta's anti magic not working on Mythra due to her not using ether which as stated earlier equalised to not using mana.
Asta can knock her out before any of that happens

Sooo what exactly can Asta do here? Aside from attack reflection and causality manipulation I don't see anything there that can help put Pyra down.

Asta also has information analysis
An information analysis that lets him know his opponent's intentions and state of mind. Not know their abilities and other factors about them like Pyra's.

Asta resists powernull
In Black Asta, something that as the OP just mentioned is not something he is starting off in nor will know he'll need to use to endure their abilities.

Resistance to deconstruction with Black Asta, and Asta fought characters with precog so it's not adding much, especially when he has his own precog coupled with a significant speed advantage
Going off of Asta's profile. The resistance is from resisting a guy's aura which caused stuff around him to disintegrate. That's not going to be enough to resist Pyra/Mythra's Deconstruction as it scales above the Cloud Sea which disassembles matter it comes into contact with due to being able to affect beings (which funny nuff is basically everything in XB2) that can casually swim in it and be able to deconstruct Malos who can not only tank Blade elemental attacks (same kind that can deconstruct beings that swim in the Cloud Sea) but even then he doesn't resist matter manipulation which is what Siren's attacks have. Mythra has also fought people such as Lora and Jin who were able to deal with her Foresight giving her experience with people who can deal with precog.

There is still the fact that since Asta is not starting in Black Asta, he is going to have to deal with said power null/sealing, deconstruction, information analysis to know Asta's capabilities, along with other factors I haven't mentioned yet such as probability manipulation to that Asta's attacks are guaranteed to miss, perception manipulation, death manipulation or Mythra's self power modification which she used to alter powers as shown with Pyra.

Asta can knock her out before any of that happens

Yeah good luck with that considering the information analysis. He'll have to know she can do that which I can't see a way he will know and will have to deal with the fact that even if he did know that she could teleport she would already be gone given how fast it is.

Anyways I'mma go to bed. I'll try continue this in the morning if ya'll wanna, good night.

In Black Asta, something that as the OP just mentioned is not something he is starting off in nor will know he'll need to use to endure their abilities.
He starts with Black Asta in character.
There is still the fact that since Asta is not starting in Black Asta, he is going to have to deal with said power null/sealing
Except Black Asta is Asta's starting move
Yeah good luck with that considering the information analysis. He'll have to know she can do that which I can't see a way he will know and will have to deal with the fact that even if he did know that she could teleport she would already be gone given how fast it is.
Asta literally used ki to tag someone that could teleport

With what? Attack reflection and Causality manipulation are the only things I see that’s hax worthy she doesn’t resist but that doesn’t stop her regeneration factor which is on the godly level, something beyond Asta’s realm.

It was debated above that it needed to destroying her crystal core, but i'll already explained at best why it would'nt work

If he can't incap her then i fail to see why Asta had a chance, doesn't mention she has more advantages here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back