• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and both are island level

asta Beginning of Timeskip is being used (asta can only go into black asta and pyra can't use her fusion of course and pyra is starting out as Pyra but can swap to mythra)

Pyra: 1
Asta: 3
asta helps pyra met the architect:
deehozt-81d97def-60d6-4d90-acb5-a1e41d313f7a.png
EnCepjMXMAEjiVp.jpg

Last edited:
Okay so an over 2x AP advantage for Asta against Pyra. Honestly I feel like this is going to come down to if Asta can figure out that he needs to target the core quickly. It will also be interesting to see how his ki will interact with foresight.

I'm mid-way through playing Xenoblade Chronicles myself and I've not finished watching Chronicles 2 on the Black Clover side I stopped pre-timeskip after Asta and Yuno fought Licht sooo I cant really speak on how asta will fight here either I😭

I would have said switch to Mythra and use foresight but then I remembered that Shulk’s precog got hard countered by the Telethia reading his mind and knowing his moves. Asta’s ki works in a similar way. He uses a number of factors to figure out what the opponent will do. This should go down similarly to that.

So Asta is stronger(at least stronger then Pyra), can negate/reflect most of their moves, and should be able to out do foresight.

I don't think that's how it work, Malos got his crystal core destroyed and yet he still come back, even if that weakened him

Basically the Aegis core are scaled to what Malos core did
Actually for Pyra/mythra if it breaks she dies, because remember what her profile says

"Note 1: Like Malos their regeneration would only become limited when it involves the destruction of her Core Crystal though this would not apply to Pneuma as she has feats of restoring Core Crystals"

Dafuq is going on here?
There is so much I wanna ask going on here, firstly being why is Ether and Ki being equalised? From what I have from both Asta and the Black Clover wiki Ki is a natural energy given off by people when they move while Ether is at least in Xenoblade 2 a natural element in the atmosphere that Blades can manipulate to perform elemental attacks. What part of those two descriptions sound in any way identical?

Next, even if we do equalise them. Asta's Analytical Prediction ain't gonna really be effective against The Aegis girls considering that Foresight does the same thing which will basically bring things back to square 1. Also to address the whole "Telethia hard countered Shulk" argument, that is against Monado 1 Shulk's precog which works differently to how Mythra's standard Foresight works which works by continuously predicting the enemy's movements (Mythra also has experience with Lora who was able to directly counter Foresight thanks to her Blade Haze's power)

Next we go into the AP, while yes Asta has the advantage but I'll be honest. Does it really matter? Pyra and Mythra both have deconstruction tied to their elemental attacks. Which means that Asta is not going able to block nor take a hit from Pyra and Mythra without feeling the effects of deconstruction.

Pyra and Mythra also have a BIG range advantage which thanks to both flight and teleportation gives them a very easy wincon of just sniping him from across the planet. Not really much Asta can do against that.

There is also the regen to consider since both those win cons (deconstruction and snipe with deconstruction) become even more likely when Asta has no way to kill the Aegis girls. Both the immortalities and high godly are something Asta ain't getting past normally, I also cannot find any hax which would allow him to incap the girls quickly which only adds to how much of an advantage it is.

Lastly for now there is also the information analysis that the aegis girls have to consider. From what is on Pyra's profile she will be able to use it to gain knowledge about Asta's capabilities and thus know about his Analytical Prediction (which can also be avoided due to Mythra being able to just use Siren to attack instead) and other abilities.

Also I would like to ask exactly how Asta's attack reflection works. His profile states he doe it using his swords which makes me doubt that it'll work considering I don't see anything that indicates that the swords can survive deconstruction and such.

Pyra and Mythra also have a BIG range advantage which thanks to both flight and teleportation gives them a very easy wincon of just sniping him from across the planet. Not really much Asta can do against that.
Ki sensing. He can dodge, knock it away, absorb it, nullify it.
Also I would like to ask exactly how Asta's attack reflection works.
He knocks it away or back at the enemy with his sword. Or he can slash it.

Asta’s swords worked on Langris‘s spatial magic which just deletes things from existence with no damage to the swords.

also from what I remember Pyra or Mythra generally don’t spam attacks from across the planet in character.

and when has Mythra been shown using foresight continuously?

Asta’s swords worked on Langris‘s spatial magic which just deletes things from existence with no damage to the swords.

also from what I remember Pyra or Mythra generally don’t spam attacks from across the planet in character.

and when has Mythra been shown using foresight continuously?
That is a resistance to Existence Erasure, not deconstruction. So the deconstruction would still work.

Its in character. Across the planet was a bit of an exaggeration even though they can do it, the point is that they can easily get past Asta's at most kilometres of range rather easily in order to snipe him.

We barely ever see Mythra's POV using foresight so I don't blame ya but basically Addam when sparring with Lora has Mythra use foresight continuously which causes him to compliment Lora on how she can counter it.

Then again, Mythra does like to use Siren a lot which is something she can can even while standing still. So even if we just say Asta can predict everything (even if he would no idea on how the Aegis girl's abilities work) he would logically have difficulty with Siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back