• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arya Stark Upgrade to 9-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that doesn't mean equal raw power, just that she is swift and skilled enough to do so.

What Ant said.

Fighting equally in a sword fight doesn't mean she is capable of doing stuff which Brienne can do physically. Arya would not survive in front of Brienne in a wrestling match ovo.

@ant and akm:

She blocked her sword strikes, clashed with her and tanked her kick without any real injury.

Her ap/striking strength and Durability being comparable to Brienne's is fairly reasonable

She did not remotely contend with Brienne in raw power. I would prefer to close this as soon as possible.

She tanked a kick from her despite being unarmoured which should give her 9-B durability.

Unkess it was a full force kick, most likely not. In addition, I am personally doubtful about most of the GoT protagonists having 9-B level raw power in the first place.

Antvasima said:
Unkess it was a full force kick, most likely not. In addition, I am personally doubtful about most of the GoT protagonists having 9-B level raw power in the first place.
It was a full force kick.

Well, it still seems extremely farfetched, in an extremely down to Earth series like GoT, that tiny Arya Stark would have raw power almost comparable to Brienne.

It seems more like plot-induced stupidity by the TV show writers, rather than Martin himself.

@Matthew

I think that the GoT profiles are mostly supposed to have raw power comparative to real humans, with the exception of "The Mountain".

Would you like to check them over, or is there some other staff member that is better suitable?

I don't even like that the profiles are based on the show rather than just the books.

But the show does have some superhuman feats like people wearing chainmail and ganbeson armour being cut apart (Which is impossible), and Jon Snow reacting to arrows from a few feet away.

Okay. So the profiles are mostly acceptable then?

I personally think that it is probably easier to scale from the TV show, and it is what most people are familiar with.

The show has surpassed the books (Which aren't being finished anytime soon) If it's really that much of a problem, we should just make two keys.

Novels | HBO

Edit: Or just name them as Composite (Which they seem to be)

@The Everlasting

Good point.

@YungManzi

I would be fine with two keys, or composite, depending on what Matthew and The Everlasting prefer.

What are our Harry Potter pages are based upon? Books or movies?

I like the idea of two keys, but for most characters it would be the same.

I think that the Harry Potter pages are composite.

Then I think composite pages for this is not a bad idea.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Well I'm going off the books (I don't watch the show). She's like 11 - 12 in them.

Yeah, I know that, that is 1 of the most famous books-show disparities.

Well, Brienne should only be Street level, since she fought a weakened Sandor, and not him in top shape, so there's no scaling her to him at his best. So there's no way Arya is Wall level. This upgrade is a definitely a no-sell, since the scaling it's based on is illegitimate.

It was a full force kick.

It almost definitely was not. She swore an oath of fealty to Catelyn Stark, and would sooner die than Falcon Kick one of her daughters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back