• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arthur Dayne vs Daemon Blackfyre

The best ASOIAF fighter of modern times vs the best ASOIAF fighter of the olden days.

Dayne: 1 (DivineTedrius)

Blackfyre:

Who wins this ?

Very hard to say.

While there isn't enough difference in their physical descriptions to determine strength or speed advantage, in my opinion Blackfyre has the most convincing feat as far as 1v1's are concerned; I'd put Gwayne Corbray (who was defeated by Daemon), being a knight of the kingsguard armed with a valyrian steel sword, above the Smiling Knight (defeated by Arthur), who failed to kill a 15 year old Jaime Lannister. Granted, Arthur defeated the SK easier than Daemon defeated Gwayne, and Dawn seems like the superior sword to Blackfyre. There's enough ambiguity to all of this that I could be swayed either way.

I'm gonna base my vote on what we know of their personalities. Daemon was rash and made bad battlefield decisions by exposing himself to enemy archers, which led to his death. Arthur Dayne seems a lot more patient and careful by comparison. translating this to a swordfight, this probably gives Dayne better opportunities to win by counterattacking on flurries of attacks.

I want to say Inconclusive but my vote goes to Arthur Dayne.

Back