• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Artemis Fowl Revisions

What updates do you intend to perform?

I intend to add characters. Provide evidence. Improve what's currently avaliable. Add all the technical terms for the verse page. Etc.

Artemis created a virus - "The other is a little shot of man-made magic. A virus that feeds on alcohol, mixed with a growth reagent. It will flush every drop of rice wine from your body, remove the dependence and even bolster your failing liver." Could this quality as disease manipulation? since he engineered a virus to do a specific job. It removes the addiction to alcohol, would that be empathic manipulation too?

Disease manipulation for that is fine. I can help you revising the verse if you want, I read the series some years ago but I still remember a good chunk of it.

Alright thanks. I'm not really revising full fledge currently because of some technical issues but I should be able to in a few days.

I need help with Artemis's abilities currently. After Artemis's profile is done I think we should improve the verse page adding the cosmology and such before adding characters. Fairy technology and magic will be the most notable. Butler has various abilities master martial artist, expert marksman etc.

I can mainly help you if you give me something I can work with. True, I read the books, but that was before I was into vs debate, meaning that in terms of abilities and feats, I remember little. I can mainly help you in getting the right ability for a feat, as I know (or better, I'd remember) the full context. Like, what you just said now was first chapter first book when Artemis was trying to get the "Book" from one of the "population" (my terms may be off due to the fact that I read it in Italian).

About that last feat, it's probably chemical empathic manipulation as well, as drugs basically work via messing up your brain.

Artemis should get time stop and matter manipulation with prep at least. He is close friends with the fairy who built it and can access his technology if need be. Foaly who is a genius centuar though not quite on par with Artemis built a time stop invention which can time stop count for at max 8 hours and also a bomb which reduces living tissue into "radioactive molecules". Artemis can access both of these. He also has resistance to BFR through time of he where's silver. A silver necklace was able to anchor him to 1 point in time. Energy Projection with the laser he built into his jet and various guns. He did temporarily have magic for 2 books so I think I should add that as a key (I will get the evidence for this). He gained basic fairy abilities amongst warlock (powerful magician) level abilities.

I think Artemis' stamina should get an upgrade too. He does have a few decent stamina feats. I'll get the evidence for all of this soon.

Magic is good. I'd say it's more resistance to Time Travel the silver necklace. Energy projection via guns could work if he generally carries them around. IIrc Artemis can't build the life bomb and the timestop machine, so no to these two.

Actually I think the reasoning for why the vaporization was 8-C was because it was implied that fairy weapons could vaporize demons. Demons are much more durable, spears and axes can't penetrate their skin.

TriforcePower1 said:
IIrc Artemis can't build the life bomb and the timestop machine, so no to these two.
It's more of he has access to them via prep. And he can build them with the right equipment. Foaly built one in 5 minutes with scraps in the back of his van in the final book.

True, Artemis MAYBE COULD MANAGE to build one, but he has never shown the ability to do. We can't give abilities to characters this way.

He doesn't really needs to build one. He can access their tech you know, they give him tech when he requests it such as the LEP guns and suit. And the invisibility cloths etc.

EmperorRorepme said:
Would it be ok in this case to add "has access to:" and list the equipment he can request from the fairies?
I suppose so.

I suppose so.

I made a page on the demon, Number One. I found an interesting quote.

Instead of allowing the sparks to roam on instinct, I marshal then into recognizable form.
No1 concerntrated on the human figures in his memory, wrapping them with magic, bringing them forth. He felt them solidifying as though the blood in his forehead were freezing. When the pressure became to much for his forehead, he expelled it into reality, conjuring up ghostly images of a dozen human mercenaries, blasting away with automatic weapons. It was a spectacular sight. Even Abbot reared back. The rest more then reared back - they turned and ran.
Could this be reality warping? He brought his memories into reality.

Ok so the context here is that Abbot the demon kills Holly, Number One and Qwan. Artemis uses a mixture of magic and science to send a blast back into the past to hit Abbot precisely before he thrusts his sword into Holly. What do you think this is?

'I have a trick for you' said Artemis and he fired a single blast from the gun. The blast existed the barrel, and then was whipped into the past, just as Artemis had calculated it would be. It faded from the present and emerged just in time to strike the ghostly image of Abbot as he drew back his sword to thrust it into Holly. The Abbot of one minute ago barely had time to say 'What happened' before he winked out of existence, no longer flesh, merely unrealized probability.
'You didn't kill my friends,' replied Artemis, though he was talking to himself. 'That never happened'. Artemis glanced down nervously. Holly was no longer there. Thank God. Another quick glance told him thzt Qwan and No1 were back building their magic circle as if nothing happened. Of course not. Nothing did happen.''
- Artemis Fowl and The Lost Colony Page 348.
I'm on mobile so these quotes are monotonous to type but he then coats the memory in magic to prevent it from being erased because it technically didn't happen.

When I get back from work I can look at the book, but from what I remember the island was slipping back into the real world which caused some weird stuff to happen, like seeing events that didn't actually happen. It's been a while since i've touched the series, but that's the way I interperted it.

Time manip attacks I guess? Was their context around it that he took advantsge of to warp the bullet or was it just him doing it cuz lols he's Artemis?

Back