• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So Arifureta Zero Volume 2 is out and a pretty good feat happens.

Andika is described as massive island:

"Naiz's expression stiffened as Miledi whispered that name. Andika was a city built on floating island far off the coast of the Crimson Desert. While it was officially just another maritime city, it had come to be known as the city of outlaws among locals. No one knew how the massive island stayed afloat. However, what everyone did know was that it was the place people went when they were banished from the continent."
~ Volume 2, Chapter 1​
Turns out the reason the island stays afloat is due to Leviathan's power:

""Andika is the seal restraining the divine beast, and it is the power of the divine beast that keeps Andika afloat. With the seal removed, the island will sink to the depths of the sea."
The deep rumbling of the island proved that Ace's claims were no bluff. Andika had begun the slow descent to its doom."
~ Volume 2, Chapter 4​
Miledi Reise stopped Andika from sinking after Andika was unsealed:

""Asura!"
Asura was a spell that created a wide-area gravity field. Until now, she'd only been able to create unidirectional gravity fields, but this time she created a reverse field that spread out horizontally in every direction. Her sky-blue mana enveloped the entire island.
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
Screaming, Miledi spread her arms wide, struggling with all her might to hold the spell together. A dark sphere appeared around Miledi, and a pillar of mana rose above her, connecting the heavens and the earth. It shot up so far that it parted the clouds. Eyes bloodshot, veins bulging, Miledi gritted her teeth so hard they cracked.
She poured everything, body and soul, into this one spell. Impossible as it sounded, she was trying to raise the island all on her own. A lone girl was fighting the ocean itself.
Impossible. This cannot be. No human should be capable of such a feat... Laus thought as he caught up to her.
"Impossible... The sinking has slowed down?"
Andika should have sunk completely in just a few minutes. But as Laus watched, it began to slow its descent."
~ Volume 2, Chapter 4​
Also Miledi, Meiru, Oscar were all able to tank attacks from Leviathan, so they are pretty clearly Large Island level, even if we lowballed ignoring this feat, they would be like mountain level since Leviathan is stated to be at minimum 1000m long:

"Miledi and Laus forgot their battle and gazed dumbly at the ocean. They couldn't even tell where the creature began and where it ended. At the very least, it was longer than Andika's western shoreline. Meaning it had to be 1000 meters long, minimum."
~ Volume 2, Chapter 4​
Anyway Miledi, Naiz and Oscur should be upgraded to Large Island level. Also Silver Apostles should also be large Island level as it took Milidi, Naiz and Oscar fighting together to just handle one of them, by virtue of that practically the entire verse should be upgraded since a lot of people have fought apostles, which includes Hajime Nagumo, Yue, Shia Haulia etc etc.

Don't think that helps, only thing we know is that Andika is a massive island and Leviathan's power kept it a float for centuries, no numbers are given, only number that was given is Leviathan's size which isn't really relevant to the Andika's size.

Well, you can try to look up what constitutes a massive island in our world, and then compare it with the instruction page sizes.

Is that really necessary? This feat has nothing to do with destroying or creating an island, but literally lifting one, Leviathan was doing it for centuries, Meledi also was lifting it to kept it from sinking.

Destroying cyprus which is the 80th largest island in the world according to this is island level according to the mountain, island requirements page, so whatever constitutes a large island would be higher.

I guess i could take values from the island size page and put them in to the equation used in the mountain, island requirements page albeit i have no idea what exactly is the average size of a large island, think that's just making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Okay. Sorry. I manage a lot of tasks and sometimes mess up. I suppose that calculating the energy required to lift a large island would be best then.

I think it will be large island level, regardless i have requested it calc, now just to wait for someone to actually calc it, though not really confident someone will pick it up.

Might just have to do find a way to do it myself as i have been doing recently.

Anyway i saw nothing wrong with just calling lifting a large island, large island level since we do this sort of thing all the time like with lifting planets though the feats could always be higher, i was just interested in giving the characters a rating by assigning a rating by the absolute minimum it could be.

Lets just wait and see i guess.

The problem is that tiers 8-C to 6-A most likely do not correspond particularly well with the things they are named from, so calculations are much preferable.

Ran a quick calc, assuming the island is equal to the mass of the heaviest mountains, the feat is island level, however obviously the mass of an island isn't going to be equal to that.

Gonna ask around if anyone knows what the mass of the average island or large island is, if so i could calc this myself.

Calc the feat and asked for a evaluation 4 days ago, recently asked a couple a calc members too, still hasn't been evaluated.

At this point i would be fine with just putting the characters at mountain level scaling to leviathan who is mountain level via sheer size.

I think that it seems better to ask more calc group members for evaluations of your calculation blog instead. Guesswork is obviously unreliable and against our standard conventions.

Ok, confirmed with Mr Bambu, the feat only counts as lifting strength, we can't get any ap from it.

There was another feat where Miledi's attack had the force of a small sun, but that is a massive outlier.

So here is my new approach, Leviathan created a storm, according to this and this, even a generic weak storm is Low 7-B.

Feat in question:

"Inwardly, Miledi clicked her tongue. Laus had reasserted control over his troops faster than she'd hoped. As she surveyed the knights, she felt a drop of water on her cheek. "Rain?" She'd been so focused on her battle that she hadn't even noticed that the initially clear sky had become full of dark clouds. They spread across the horizon at an unnatural rate. It was a guerilla storm. Miledi frowned. She had a bad feeling about this. A second later, there was a thunderous boom. "Whoa, wh-what was that!?" Right after that, a deafening howl split the air. The soul-shaking roar reminded Miledi of Laus' Soul Shock. As the howl faded away, the clouds burst open, dumping a torrent onto the earth below. Lightning forked across the sky, a powerful gale begin to blow, and waves dozens of feet high rose up. That wasn't all. As Miledi looked down at the island, she noticed something strange. "Huh? Is the water level rising?" But her guess was off. Laus' eyes went wide, and he corrected her. "No, the island... is sinking!"

Again showing Leviathan can control the storm:

"Thanks, Meru-nee! Man, this is a lot easier with a healer around." "Fufu, glad to be of service. But unfortunately, I'm nearing my limits as well." As the serpent's breath attack ended, Meiru downed her final mana potion. A moment later, the clouds above began to swirl. The wind around Miledi and Meiru picked up until it transformed into a whirlwind so powerful it started sucking up seawater. "I'm afraid I can't allow that." Unwilling to be outdone in the realm of water manipulation, Meiru attempted to dispel the hurricane that had formed around them. Miledi let Meiru take care of the tornado and prepared to use her final trump card.

Yue also has a storm creation feat:

"Dark clouds appeared. Thunder screamed. Winds swirled into storms. Water currents formed and were frozen. Clouds of dust congregated. Flames strong enough to burn the atmosphere gathered. Five demonic dragons appeared in the night sky of the Capital. Though they were all created from Gravity Magic, they all had their own attribute.

The Thunder Dragon charged at the Absod and was swallowed first. Though the Thunder Dragon was partially consumed, an Azure Dragon followed after and melted the Absod with its intense heat. ÒÇîKuaaaaan!!ÒÇì The Absod cried out in pain as it was melted alive and its unique magic was surpassed. After the Thunder Dragon broke free, it aimed at another Absod which had just swallowed the Storm Dragon. While releasing a godly roar, it bit into the creature, turning it into ash. Nearby, the Ice Dragon froze another Absod while the Stone Dragon caused the surroundings to petrify. The Storm Dragon, freed by the Thunder Dragon, began cutting down the surrounding demons."

So i propose the characters become Low 7-B, however seeing that the ap to the next tier is small and even a generic weak storm is 2.4 megatons, they should be 7-B with limit break and other such techniques as limit break for example makes them 3x stronger

@Celestial Pegasus

That should probably be fine.

Back