• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's make it simple

This artifact should give nullify to all ancient magic hax
  • Guardian Talisman: An all-purpose defensive artifact which automatically nullify or at least weaken the effects of all seven ancient magics when used against the user. It is necklace with seven rings on the chain with each ring glowing when defending against one type of ancient magic.

Gravity magic : Law & CM, Gravity manipulation, Vector manipulation, magnetism manipulation,

Space magic : Law & CM, Space manipulation, durability negation, BFR, Immersion(fiction),

Restoration magic : Law & CM, Time manipulation, time stop, precognition, retrocognition,

Spirit magic : Law & CM, Soul manipulation, durability negation, power null, energy manipulation, mind manipulation, social influencing, memory manipulation, fear manipulation, possession, telepathy, temperature manipulation, astral projection, dream manipulation, Immersion(dream), perception manipulation, curse manipulation,

Creation magic : Law & CM, Transmutation, matter manipulation, energy manipulation, deconstruction,

Metamorphosis magic : Law & CM, Organic manipulation, biological manipulation, disease manipulation,

Evolution magic : Law & CM, Information manipulation (1 and 2), information analysis, power modification, Stats manipulation,

Agree : @Community_Gamer ,@Digital_Franz ,@Neoxxi16 ,

Disagree : @Mr. Bambu ,

Neutral :

Last edited:
Wait

Remind me of all the hax that ancient magic could do.
Here's the list I came up with off the top:

Information Manipulation/Info Analysis
Organic Manipulation
Soul Manipulation
Perception Manipulation
Dream Manipulation
Law Manipulation
Conceptual Manipulation
Memory Manipulation
Gravity Manipulation
Vector Manipulation
Time Manipulation
Spatial Manipulation
Power Nullification
Statistics Reduction
BFR

This would apply basically only to Hajime and Ehito...well I suppose Yue too, since has all of Ehito's abilities.

Maybe there is a character that can manifest a BH inside someone, or something similar.
Ehh but unnecessary with Gravity and Vector manipulation. It just doesn't sound like a logical sentence.
They can't see his past from touching him, or something similar
Uhhh I guess that's just under Time Manipulation and Memory Manipulation.
Golden experience (JOJO)
Elaborate
They can't read his mindi, he already has it for a different reason.
Yeah he already has that.

Elaborate
It protect him from getting his soul forcibly removed from his body
「――”Purification”!!」

「Sto- ――AAAAAAAAA-!?」

Midway Kaori’s scream changed tone as though it echoed directly inside their brain.

Of course it was like that. Kaori’s head slammed on the table and she laid there unmoving, while at the other side, there was the transparent figure of Kaori floating in the air like balloon. Furthermore she didn’t have the appearance of Noint, but her actual appearance.

『Just what are you doing Yue! My soul came off because of you!』

Coukd this qualify ?

Ehit ultimate barrier

It require a combination of similar ancient magic to break.
Well instead of trying to equate Ehito's barrier to Hajime's tailsman. How about we look at the attacks that were ineffective against. As well as consider what should reasonably applied to it considering Hajime's arsenal at the time.

I mean we know it likely resists Law Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation because Hajime wasn't confident in using the EE Bullet until he disabled.

But considering Hajime could enchant all his bullets to bypass...its definitely more impressive for Hajime and less impressive for the barrier.

How about we look at the attacks that were ineffective against. As well as consider what should reasonably applied to it considering Hajime's arsenal at the time.
The problem is that Hajime was focusing on staying alive and analyzing the barrier during the fight. I'll reread it again.
I mean we know it likely resists Law Manipulation and Conceptual Manipulation because Hajime wasn't confident in using the EE Bullet until he disabled.
Forgot about that.

I didn't include EE, because it could be done using spatial erasure or information manipulation. Resisting them will be enough, right ?
But considering Hajime could enchant all his bullets to bypass...its definitely more impressive for Hajime and less impressive for the barrier.
He enchanted his boots and did a roundhouse kick .

I'd like for you to link to a source for each given ability as an example of what would be nullified.

I also must ask, is this not Power Nullification instead of Resistance? It nullifies types of magic specifically, rather than affording resistance to the particular abilities.

I'd like for you to link to a source for each given ability as an example of what would be nullified.
That will take a lot of time, you can find scans about these hax in the characters profile.
I also must ask, is this not Power Nullification instead of Resistance?
It' a necklace that protect the user from these hax by nullifying the source(ancient magic), so yeah it's also a powernull but only to some that target the user.
It nullifies types of magic specifically, rather than affording resistance to the particular abilities.
Although they're called magic, they are law and concepts(type 2) that govern reality.
Creation Magic: The ability to add special properties to minerals. The more precise definition of creation magic is magic that lets you manipulate inorganic matter.
Gravity Magic: The ability to manipulate gravity. The more precise definition of gravity magic is magic that manipulates the planet’s energy. In other words, those who knew it could interfere with a planet’s magnetic field or utilize geothermal energy like magma. It could also be used to cause earthquakes or volcanic eruptions as well.
Space Magic: The ability to manipulate space. The more precise definition of creation magic is magic that manipulates boundaries. Meaning it could be used to create entire dimensions as well as manipulate the boundaries between fantasy and reality. A skilled master could turn reality into illusion and illusions into reality.
Spirit Magic: The ability to interfere with souls. The more precise definition of spirit magic is magic that manipulates the incorporeal elements of sentient beings. In more concrete terms, it could be used to manipulate the heat, electricity, and other energy without matter that circulated within a person’s body. That also included things like memories, thoughts, and consciousness. With enough skill, a spirit magic user could take those incorporeal elements, duplicate them, and create a new soul out of them. In other words, create another person.
Metamorphosis Magic: The ability to create and transform monsters. It also lets the user bend regular monsters to their will. The more precise definition of creation magic is magic that lets the user manipulate organic substances.
Evolution Magic: The ability to make everything evolve. The more precise definition of evolution magic is magic that manipulates information. When it was used to strengthen someone’s stats or skills, it effectively overwrote the information of their abilities with something of a higher tier. But evolution magic could also be used to view the information of any person or object, as well as interfere with their total mana capacity.
Restoration Magic: The ability to return things to a prior state. The more precise definition of restoration magic is magic that manipulates time.

It nullifies types of magic specifically, rather than affording resistance to the particular abilities.
No, it can nullify any hax associated with that concept.

I've only mentioned hax we know that ancient magic could do.

That will take a lot of time, you can find scans about these hax in the characters profile.
So could you. It's your CRT.

It' a necklace that protect the user from these hax by nullifying the source(ancient magic), so yeah it's also a powernull but only to some that target the user.
No, it can nullify any hax associated with that concept.
These two statements are contradictory.

Although they're called magic, they are law and concepts(type 2) that govern reality.
Sure, magic can have its own mechanics. So it nullifies magic, and concepts or what have you. But this is still different than, say, nullifying a gravity-reversing piece of technology.

These two statements are contradictory.
How ?

It nullify Time magic= time stop, precognition and other hax that time magic could do.
Sure, magic can have its own mechanics. So it nullifies magic, and concepts or what have you. But this is still different than, say, nullifying a gravity-reversing piece of technology.
DT said the same thing and was answered here.

It's not magic, that's just what they call it. We even have the guy from the civilisation that discovered it calling it universal laws.

we have magic(energy) in the verse and it's a whole different thing.

How ?

It nullify Time magic= time stop, precognition and other hax that time magic could do.
"It nullifies the source of the ability, the magic."

"No, it works on everything, it is not specifically magic."

That's contradictory.

DT said the same thing and was answered here.

It's not magic, that's just what they call it. We even have the guy from the civilisation that discovered it calling it universal laws.

we have magic(energy) in the verse and it's a whole different thing.
I think you're misunderstanding me.

Most verses possess some background mechanic to their magic system or some explanation as to how it works. I recognize that, I don't hold an issue with it.

the magic
That's just what it's called.

It's like giving someone magic in his profile because his technology is too complicated for us to understand.

EX: The concept of space is imprinted into someone soul, and that's how he manipulate space. The more the understood it, the stronger his power become.
I think you're misunderstanding me.

Most verses possess some background mechanic to their magic system or some explanation as to how it works. I recognize that, I don't hold an issue with it.
Ok

The reason we didn't create a power system page is because the novel is still going, and there is evidence for possible upgrades that could change the power system. Like the soul and mana being particle or the collective mind being a conceptual energy from a higher world...

Even Ancient magic could and up being upgraded to CM type 1, but it's still vague.

If only we had a page that show all the ancient magic hax.

Magic can be literally anything. If it is called magic, it is magic. Magic has no inherent meaning, it is simply the unexplained, and an often-used catch-all term for a set of abilities within a given verse. If this set of abilities are called magic, then they're magic, even they actually operate via conceptual manipulation. I can point you to half a dozen notable examples in other verses.

The point is that the thing you're citing that gives resistance, targets the concept manip itself, it does not say anything about the abilities resultant from the conceptual manipulation. If I tried to set you on fire with concept manip, you would nullify it. If I did it with a lighter, it would work, per the description given as evidence in the OP. Therefore, I disagree with the OP's proposal as it currently is.

Magic can be literally anything. If it is called magic, it is magic. Magic has no inherent meaning, it is simply the unexplained, and an often-used catch-all term for a set of abilities within a given verse. If this set of abilities are called magic, then they're magic, even they actually operate via conceptual manipulation. I can point you to half a dozen notable examples in other verses.

The point is that the thing you're citing that gives resistance, targets the concept manip itself, it does not say anything about the abilities resultant from the conceptual manipulation. If I tried to set you on fire with concept manip, you would nullify it. If I did it with a lighter, it would work, per the description given as evidence in the OP. Therefore, I disagree with the OP's proposal as it currently is.
Seeing your comments I think I'd have to agree with you.

The Guardian Talisman doesn't exactly qualify for a resistance towards the hax associated/caused by Ancient Magic because all it does is nullify or weaken the concept itself. It's not giving the user resistance to it but just preventing it from being affected.

@EL_xWatcher1234x This classifies more under Power Nullification rather than resistance. We probably could logically argue why Hajime resists essentially everything on the list however it's not compelling enough to change the profile and it's not because of the Guardian Talisman.

If you still disagree or don't want to change it then I'll have to resend my vote to disagree.

Last edited:

I also must ask, is this not Power Nullification instead of Resistance? It nullifies types of magic specifically, rather than affording resistance to the particular abilities.
It is power nullification and it's already added as that in the profile, the reason why I didn't give him resistance to those things when I revised the profile previously is because he technically isn't resisting anything because the things get nulled before having the chance to affect him, I suppose some would see that as a way of resistance but ehh.

It is power nullification and it's already added as that in the profile, the reason why I didn't give him resistance to those things when I revised the profile previously is because he technically isn't resisting anything because the things get nulled before having the chance to affect him, I suppose some would see that as a way of resistance but ehh.
That's my interpretation as well. So, if it is already classified as that, I believe it better to leave it as it is. I disagree with the OP.

Yeah makes sense. I'm afraid I also have to disagree with OP then.

Back