• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aren't the Tier 2 names way too weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see, on nearly all tiers before and after Tier 2, when we use a "+" it's not as a part of the tier name but as a modifier within the same tier, and when we use "Low", then it modifies not only the resulting name (when it does so), but also the very tier abbreviation (ex: Low 7-B is Small City Level).

However, this logic is broken at Tier 2 and that results on rather weird names! First of all, Universe level+ comes after High Universe level, which is something that wouldn't happen elsewhere, then we have an entire tier dedicated for "Low" multiverse level with a subsection that has no Low although it is its Low version, and then we have an entire tier which is a "+", with a "High" modifier within a "+".

I hope this isn't considered an attempt to dismantle the tiering system, but I'd like to suggest better names. They go like this:

3-A = Universe level

High 3-A = Infinite Universe level (since that's basically what it is)

2-C as a whole = Multi-universal

Low 2-C = Universal continuum level/Complete universe level/Universal brane level/Timeline level (This one is the most confusing one, but it's still better than have a tier be a plus) OR "Low multi-universal level"

2-C = Multi-universal level/Multi-universe level/Multiple universes level

2-C+ (exactly 1000 universes) = Multi-universal level+/Multiple Universes level+

2-B = Multiverse level (no changes to that)

2-A = Infinite Multiverse level (Since that's basically all it's about)

High 2-A = High Infinite Multiverse level/Uncountably Infinite Multiverse level (Since that's basically what it's about)

And... that's basically it. What do you people think? I tried my best not to, uh, look like I'm trying to violate that rule, and also to make the best-looking names possible. At least, ones which aren't confusing as to what they mean and seemingly contradictory with the rest of the standards for nomenclature.

Why's the + confusing?

High Universal is a High Degree of Universal (Infinite!)

Universal+ is a step beyond regular Universal. I don't see how that's hard to grasp.

Also Multi-Universal is redundant since it's literally just Multiversal except extrapolated into its base parts. Just say Low Multiversal (A lower degree of Multiversal (2-B)).

What's wrong with 2-A? What's wrong with Multiversal+? (a step beyond finite 2-B) and High 2-A is 5th dimensional, not a High Infinite Multiverse. High 2-A is the start of "Each tier has their own dimensions"

We've kinda changed the name of High 7-A to prevent people from mistaking "small island level" with these small cartoon islands with a single tree and a small shore, haven't we? And 7-A to take out the "Large City level" alternative name because nobody used it. And I'm overall pretty sure name changes are reasonably often invoked even by the highest ups from the staff and done for aesthetic or utility reasons.

Plus, it's not like defining the content takes away from the name feeling out of place or confusing, or just outright being wrong because it violates pre-established rules of nomenclature. This part is quite important, actually.

Akreious said:
Why's the + confusing?
High Universal is a High Degree of Universal (Infinite!)

Universal+ is a step beyond regular Universal. I don't see how that's hard to grasp.

Also Multi-Universal is redundant since it's literally just Multiversal except extrapolated into its base parts. Just say Low Multiversal (A lower degree of Multiversal (2-B)).

What's wrong with 2-A? What's wrong with Multiversal+? (a step beyond finite 2-B) and High 2-A is 5th dimensional, not a High Infinite Multiverse. High 2-A is the start of "Each tier has their own dimensions"
It's wrong because that's not how the "+" signal is otherwise used. 9-B+ isn't a step above 9-B. It's the highest end of 9-B.

The names you propose are needlessly worthier and likely more confusing as a whole, especially for users who's first language isn't English. There's not really an issue with the current system, so there's no reason to make unnecessary changes.

There aren't any words there (except maybe for brane and continuum) which aren't extremely often used within the wiki :c

Its just unnecessarily long when the current system works fine. I don't think the confusion about the difference between 3-A, high 3-A, and 2 are from having the + sign on tier 2.

High Universe level followed by Universe level+? Just look at how it works on all the rest of the chart.

Not to mention a tier without a Low being called Low.

Tier 2 clearly has a low, universe+ indicates that its the universe and some more. High 3-A is already high-3A, it would be weird if that was universe + rather than having the high attached to it. There's really no need for change here.

I mean Tier 2-C being low multiverse level and Low 2-C being universe level+. The one with a low doesn't have a low, the one without a low has a low.

Why not call Low 2-C 2-C and 2-C Low 2-B? Would at least make sense with the present names, but really it'd be easier to just fix the nomenclature to fit with what's already established.

2-C used to not be called that until recently, and its really not a big deal. We shouldn't be messing around with the nomenclature when there's no reason to, it just creates confusion in an attempt to alleviate confusion that doesn't exist.

Abruptly changing names creates confusion regardless of what the change is for a bit. People would need to adjust, but there's no issue so why make that a necessity?

Eh, I guess it isn't a necessity. Still, I've seen changes in tier 7 being made for somewhat less than that and thought it would be good to suggest this one, as it's far weirder than "Small Island Level" looking like we're talking about a cartoonic island with a few trees and a few meters radius shore.

A lot of people didn't even think that needed a change, that's arguably more confusing than slightly inconsistent pluses, and this would be a larger change.

• Insert my propic
I'm assuming we're done here?

I obviously agree with The Everlasting, and since the discussion is done, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back