• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are you the Flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, this thread needs to be remade #1.

2 the arguments here are beyond faulty.

3 Who keeps making Mercer threads and not tagging me? ):<

Alex in Prototype 2 would be well well above twice his statistics due to scaling to Heller (Mercer also stomped Mid Game Heller in a cut scene), and because this was start of Game Mercer who then absorbs Hunters, Leader Hunters, Greene, etc, along with getting upgrades. So his AP is a lot higher than The Didact.

But this doesn't mean he wins.

Unite My Rice said:
Nah, this thread needs to be remade #1.

2 the arguments here are beyond faulty.

3 Who keeps making Mercer threads and not tagging me? ):<
How are the arguments faulty

I already gave more than enough reasons for The Didact winning here. He can keep him at a distance via teleknesis. His weapons are literally designed to fight enemies with Super-Biomass(The Flood). Not to mention the Didact is vastly superior experience wise. The Didact can also BFR him into slipspace or transmute him...... Alex loses.

Didact (224 tons) isn't higher in AP.

Alex as a newbor was 127 tons. This isn't factoring the thousands of people he's consumed or anything. His musclemass power doubles his strength, so that's 254 tons. Musclemass boost strengthens him even further beyond a 2x boost (we use 1.5x), which is 381 tons. This isn't factoring in his armored form reducing damage to a fraction of it's total amount on top of all that. This also isn't factoring that he's even stronger than that while he has critical mass, aka full power.

Does Didact need to breathe? Infected and killed. He gets touched, infected and killed or mind-haxed to death. Alex can see his entire nervous system and pick him apart. Alex can summon infected to fight by his side. Alex at the end of Prototype says he hears the voice of 1000 men screaming inside of his head, so 70kgx1000 = 70,000 kg, this isn't including consuming Greene, Hunters, etc., plus he's heavier in his armored form. What TK feats does he have of messing with this kind of weight? Class 100 vs Didact's Class 10. Alex walks.

>Can't regenerate while low on biomass

Prototype 2 introducing this PIS will be the bane of my existence. Mercer regenerated from a puddle in the first game, but in the second game he loses his arms and he's done for lol. He got blasted to smithereens and regenerated which is > any form of mutilation he's faced in the second game. Even the Supreme Hunter regenerated from his own puddle of biomass after getting rekt by Mercer.

Stop comparing The Flood to Blacklight because they are two different things.

Transmutation via the composer

> The Composer is useless against Non-Living things.

Alex is a non-living thing. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The only thing that can truly beat Alex here is BFR, and we have to determine if that's in-character, and how it works.

Also his regen isn't low-high, it's high.

The Flood>>>>>Blacklight. I don't remember Blacklight ever consuming entire planets within hours, and forcing a galactic civilization to use a life-wiping Superweapon. The Didact has faced better.

How the hell will Backlight infect him? His armor is designed to protect against Flood infection.

The Didact has allready faced Mindrape at the hands of Flood graveminds. I doubt Alex will be able to do much to him.

How the **** does that make Alex weigh 70K Kg? That makes no sense whatsoever.

The thing about the AP is kinda moot. The Didact's feat was extremely casual after waking up from a 100K year nap that drained his power. The Didact is still stronger.

Just because you're a discussion mod doesn't mean you can try to mess up a matchup because you dislike the outcome. You're the one with the falty arguments.

The thing about Alex's AP seems like calc stacking to me. By that logic Cole Macrath would be well into 6-C because powerups supposedly "Double" his power.

I'll come back with more. But I gotta make it to school.

1. AoE fallacy, and this isn't Halo. There's no superweapon here, and the only thing capable of stopping the virus was the virus.

2. Because for 1, Alex isn't the flood (and has way more hax). And 2, specialized Blacklight combat suits in his own verse didn't stop him either. There's also the fact that his body is producing hundreds of unique strains of the virus daily.

3. Didact doesn't have resistance to mind manipulation on his profile so this point is moot. The graveminds don't have any details on their feat either.

4. Uhhhhhh because he assimilated them into his body?

5. No it's not moot. He neg-diffed a thermobaric explosion at his conception. Through scaling to the end of the game and unlocking various powers plus consuming everything in his path, Alex is multiple times stronger than this. Regardless "muh Didact is still stronger" has been proven to be mathematically false, so that's that.

6. It's not calc stacking when it's literally the description of the power. This isn't some external power source.

"Just because you're a discussion mod doesn't mean you can try to mess up a matchup because you dislike the outcome. You're the one with the falty arguments."

So because you can't read what's clearly outlined on Alex's profile as well as argue against him using outdated information, this is me using my power in any capacity to change the outcome...how?

If there is enough reasoning behind the arguments i can remake the match.

But...

>127 as a newborn.

Cool, the Didact is a casual 228 tons, after getting beaten up, have a direct shot from an 8-C weapon, un-armored and being power-drained for 100K Years, fact that Forerunner get stronger in mid-battle due to their armor and that they have similar tech to the UNSC wich can stac AP boosters.

>Does he need to breathe?

No, they can be in Space the amount of time they want, their armor gives them the parameters needed to live.

>Can pick his nervous system and kill him.

Protected by the armor, even Chief without the Library's enhancements wasn't affected by the Gravemind's Mind manipulation, a 6-A Monster.

>Can summon 1000+ Man.

Meh, Didact can summon 1000+++ Prometheans who have Matter destrctuion weapons and the Combat Experience that would make Doomguy look like a Child in comparssion (1,000 of years fighting across the Galaxy and adapting their armors, wich can be resurrected by their servants night-instantly.)

>100 Class vs 10 Class

Thats just TK... wich...

>Can regen. from a puddle.

Good thing their weapons negate that.

>Dont compare the Flood to Blacklight.

Its just a title.

>The Composer doesnt work on living things.

No, somebody just screwup that, it works on any living being as long as it has an essence, say, a soul.

>Didact's in-character.

He mostly spams Summoning, Composer and BFR, while flying, he only goes CQC if needed, wich due to Alex's abilities he most likely will turn him into data.

>His regen is High not Low-High.

... Good thing composer negates that.

Cool, the Didact is a casual 228 tons, after getting beaten up, have a direct shot from an 8-C weapon, un-armored and being power-drained for 100K Years, fact that Forerunner get stronger in mid-battle due to their armor and that they have similar tech to the UNSC wich can stac AP boosters.

>And Alex is casually higher. What's an 8-C feat doing here? He could've been drained for a billion years but that still doesn't change anything on this profile.

No, they can be in Space the amount of time they want, their armor gives them the parameters needed to live.

>But they aren't in space. And he does breathe. Turning his armor into swiss cheese won't be an issue either. Also the mind hax can be from a tier 2 and still be garbage.

Leaving summons out of this because that's going to create a whole other debate.

Thats just TK... wich...

>????

No, somebody just screwup that, it works on any living being as long as it has an essence, say, a soul.

He mostly spams Summoning, Composer and BFR, while flying, he only goes CQC if needed, wich due to Alex's abilities he most likely will turn him into data.

>Soulless and not alive. According to his profile he can only turn living beings into data. I've seen two Didact videos so far and not once have I seen him BFR someone.

... Good thing composer negates that.

> How

> The Didact has allready faced Mindrape at the hands of Flood graveminds. I doubt Alex will be able to do much to him.

Also I want to add that Alex hasn't such feats at all. His telepathy works on infected but he cannot control nomal people. He hasn't done it.

> Prototype 2 introducing this PIS will be the bane of my existence. Mercer regenerated from a puddle in the first game, but in the second game he loses his arms and he's done for lol.

He needs time for regen. Heller consumed him when he was in a bad shape.

Telepathy or mind control has nothing to do with Alex's mindhax, where he can touch someone and force visions upon them. An ability he stole from Greene which further incapacitated him.

"He needs time for regen. Heller consumed him when he was in a bad shape."

>In the first game he came back from puddles at a faster rate because a crow was there. Alex still had most of his body except half of his arms, but that's a worse shape? PIS. He was also literally on a battlefield covered in biomass.

Please don't make multiple posts as well.

I am writing this on a cellphone with McDonalds wi-fi, i would remake this as long as i finish my work.

KarmodF said:
I am writing this on a cellphone with McDonalds wi-fi, i would remake this as long as i finish my work.
Or you could just wait until you get home. You're wi-fi doesn't affect what happens to a thread you made.

And Rice comes to debunk all the votes, switching to Alex for UMR's reasons. Also, what he said about the mind hacking is true; tier and mental hax are inseparable. Gravemind's mind manipulation only works mindless creatures like the Flood or characters who have been effected by the Flood virus. At some point, I'm going to introduce the Zero Escape franchise. They've got a Street level character who could potentially mind hack Tier 2 beings very casually.

That other thread appears to already be concluded, this one is still on.

If Didact's votes aren't 100% debunked, then it's a tie 4-4. Although, most of the remaining voters pretty much said FRA when VersusJunkie initially had the most elaborate reasons. Him switching to Alex pretty much cancels all of Didacts votes. So Alex leads 4-0, tables pretty much turned around here.

VersusJunkie54 said:
I think I may retract my vote and go with inconclusive..... I'll come back with my reasoning later. I've got an errand to run.
As you like, just telling all of you guys that the Didact is a Forerunner and being a Forerunner = Spam that Slip-Stream portal.

I also need to point out that Forerunner guns negate High Regen. since Ions are on a smaller scale than Molecules, wich is Alex's regen. same thing with the composer.

As you like, just telling all of you guys that the Didact is a Forerunner and being a Forerunner = Spam that Slip-Stream portal.

That and I think the whole thing about Alex weighing 70K kilograms is ridiculous and makes no sense. So the Didact can keep on flicking him away, and hover high in the air. While Alex can just as easily get the advantage if he gets close.

So I think I'm going inconclusive for these reasons.

Using guns as an argument for winning implies Alex is going to stand there and let himself get shot, or has no way of defending himself. Plus we've discussed why the composer wouldn't be used on him.

And its not ridiculous, James Heller literally consumed an estimated infected population of over 500,000. That mass all goes to him, which is why they have density manipulation as well.

Unite My Rice said:
Using guns as an argument for winning implies Alex is going to stand there and let himself get shot, or has no way of defending himself.
His main form of attack is vaporization, he doesnt use guns in this era.

Plus we've discussed why the composer wouldn't be used on him.

It would still destroy his body on an Atomic level.

I shouldnt be defending him since i am the op, but whatever.

His profile says it's useless on beings similar to the flood. The flood are a 99 cent store version of Alex.

Also I was just quoting you on what you said about the gun thing.

Unite My Rice said:
Using guns as an argument for winning implies Alex is going to stand there and let himself get shot, or has no way of defending himself. Plus we've discussed why the composer wouldn't be used on him.
And its not ridiculous, James Heller literally consumed an estimated infected population of over 500,000. That mass all goes to him, which is why they have density manipulation as well.
I don't see how consuming tons of people makes them weigh more.... I guess Combined Human weighs billions of tons because he's every Human together...... I watched some Prototype vids, and I didn't see the Prototype characters crushing the ground with every step.

Unite My Rice said:
His profile says it's useless on beings similar to the flood. The flood are a 99 cent store version of Alex.

Also I was just quoting you on what you said about the gun thing.
Didnt you say that we shouldnt compare the Flood to them?, Also, no, It would destroy his bodie but it doesnt "work" on him because it wouldnt transfer his "essence".

What i said about the guns? Because Didact's main attack is pure vaporization.

Now that i think it this thread is kinda redundant since:

1. Didact ionizes.

2. Alex gets BFR'd.

Thats are like, the only two things he does in character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back