• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Are normal humans in Witcher (Game) 9-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witcher 2's Dragon Bestiary literally answers your question.

Also, Leo Bonhart killed witchers for a living. And there's peasants overpowering Regis and his gang. The Bloody Baron holding his own against Geralt in the main story missions. And of course there's the fist-fighting tournament.

There's the Golyat and the dragon too if you haven't already seen that.

And the Skellige warriors/Ves and Vernon holding their own against Wild Hunt members/Ves could kill Geralt with crossbow, and so could some bandits "kill" Letho et cetera...

All of them being part of missions that can drastically alter the story as a whole. Calling those fights as mere game mechanics completely defeats the purpose of powerscaling and context of the feats and the whole purpose of the story. It's basically like saying they completed the mission without killing a single soul.

Oh yeah, also to the OP = 9-A attack potency =/= 9-A destructive capacity. 9-A AP and dura means they can damage and take hits from 9-A characters, not that they can actually cut a boulder in half

It depends of what do you mean by normal people. Warriors from Skellige can fight bears and some monsters. And even defeat Giants. Geralt also referred them as a "Strong people" when investigated something

Highly-trained ordinary non-witcher humans for sure are 9-A in Witcherverse. Normal people? Maybe in groups, but still a thing.

Some humans are probably 9-A, peasents are normal human level and they can hurt Geralt only with pointed weapons, I don't know if Geralt's skin is harder than a human skin and if It is so the "feats" of peasents are PIS.

Witchers have much greater muscle growth than normal human and armors.

Well, Geralt was surrounded by hundreds of them and wasn't willing to kill but still.

also this thread is specifically referring to people who have actually fought against Geralt one-on-one judging by the clutter on Bambu's wall, in which case, this is a definite yes.

Though the one-on-one cases are either A. Part of the fistfighting tournament AKA these aren't your ordinary day-to-day peasants and B. Elite guardsmen trained in swordplay with the Nilfgaardians to boot (Forgive me if I butchered the spelling) or some other monarchy that's still standing

SpookyShadow said:
Witchers have much greater muscle growth than normal human and armors.

Well, Geralt was surrounded by hundreds of them and wasn't willing to kill but still.
But Dettlaff could kill hundreds of well trained soldier as said by Geralt.

Slacjow. "Normal Human level" does not mean that every normal human in fiction is 10-B and Normal Human in speed. That's the AP and Speed of IRL humans, not fictional humans. We base fictional humans statistics on their feats, and for normal humans who compare to Geralt, that's a feat.

It doesn't matter if that means tier 7 or sub-real normal humans. If that's what their feats depict, it's what they get.

Only problem I got with scaling on normal Witcher humanoids like Roche is their speed, when normally even when skill and AP is fairly close they still get laid out by higher-tier supernatural opponents. For example, Eyck of Denesle gets busted up big time by Villentretenmerth even though Eyck is a prolific dragonslayer, with Yennefer, who watched the fight, remarking that Borch (not gonna type that dragon's real name again) had Eyck beat in speed and that was why he won. She then states that Geralt is the only one in the group who has a solid chance of beating Borch one-on-one, since he's the fastest one there. So while I wouldn't be averse to saying that "normal" Witcher humanoids are upwards of Subsonic, I wouldn't say they keep up with the stronger monsters, or Witchers. In fact, Dettlaff and Regis (the two who are the basis of Witcher's current speed rating) blitz a castle full of bandits during a part of Blood and Wine's main quest.

Normal humanoids are nowhere near Geralt in terms of skill tho.

And again, Geralt is not your ordinary witcher either. Guy's gone toe-to-toe against the best mages and even kept up with higher vampires like Dettlaff.

Also the arrow-swatting is actually Hypersonic+. I mistook Mach 10 and above feats for being High Hypersonic and thought our definition matched with that of wikipedia. My bad.

KLOL506 said:
Normal humanoids are nowhere near Geralt in terms of skill tho.
I know that, but there's still enough instances of non-Witchers getting trounced, if not outright blitzed by Witchers and high-tier monsters that I don't think they should scale in that regard even if they scale to them in AP somewhat

It depends what kind of Witcher it is. Bonhart killed three, iirc from Cat, Griffin and Kaer Morhen, Sapkowski himself said that he wasn't mutated in anyway, he just said he was "really good". Of course it's different from Geralt who's almost 100 years old and has enhanced mutations. So it depends what Witcher we are talking about.

Most Witchers that have undergone the mutations can do arrow-swatting, but Geralt has undergone even more mutations and thus would be faster than them.

Now this is kinda complicated

is the op referring about the ones who could fight with a witcher alone or those who can fight with a witcher in groups

because it's a yes and a no

the The First is pure power even being able to keep up with a witcher it's pure 9-A

The second one i don't believe that they are 9-A, because even if they land a shot on a witcher they can barely do anything to a witcher

and arrow would kill a human near instantly if hit in a important organ while a witcher would not even care even it hit it's heart

Witchers are only ever killed by peasants because they set them in a trap and majority of the time that doesn't even work

So it's a yes and a no

OP is referring to those being able to fight a Witcher in 1v1

As in, those that have fought against Geralt in the main story missions or are highly-trained soldiers or fistfighters

KLOL506 said:
OP is referring to those being able to fight a Witcher in 1v1
As in, those that have fought against Geralt in the main story missions or are highly-trained soldiers or fistfighters
That's an obvious yes

Any human who has been able to keep up with geralt or any other witcher on 1v1 should be 9-A (or 8-C)

OP disagrees with that statement and thinks that because of this Geralt shouldn't scale to the dragons or the Golyat either because "he took hits from them in gameplay moments".

Which of course, is obvious bullshit because the Golyat and the Dragons are all part of the game's main storyline and even the Witcher 2 Bestiary outright states Witchers being literally made to fight dragons. With said gameplay moments being LITERALLY UNAVOIDABLE AND BEING PART OF THE MAIN MISSION. He's literally denying the very purpose of boss fights in video games.

Bump

I guess the thread has been thoroughly answered by this point. Should we close it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back