• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah, that. Shulk could work his way around it with precog and abusing Sonic's limited Chaos Energy but this is Ultra Sonic unfortunately. Let's hope someone doesn't have Shulk Vs SMT Dante.

What? Limited chaos energy? What do you mean by that? He's shown to use it at its best in his super key.

He does, and I don't remember well but didn't Sonic destroy the chaos force in his super state? That should not at all indicate limited chaos energy.

JoshSSJGod said:
Really? Why was it added to begin with may I ask?
Because misinterpretation is a thing.

Not only that I checked the weakness section and it said this: "Weaknesses: Sonic often needs an external source of Chaos Energy to access his Time Manipulation and Reality Warping powers. Sonic's One Billionth Ring Aura is not infallible, it merely acts to prevent Sonic's death and ensure an eventual victory. It does not prevent general inconveniences, as he can still "temporarily" lose, such as being knocked out, or incapacitated."

I don't know how you get that he has limited chaos energy in this match when the dude is literally in his super form which includes the chaos emeralds which are filled with abundant chaos energy.

Ah, I see. Can I ask if the Archie-Super form has the time limit like Modern/Classic Sonic ( guessing not with Archie's track record )

Gameplay mechanic? It plays a big roll in the fight against Solaris and the Time Eater as it places a time limit for them.

From what I recall, and I don't know too well as I've stopped debating Sonic that much, it has been directly contradicted in the narrative itself as one game, had Sonic stay in super form for several days. I believe it was in Sonic advance if I am recalling it correctly.

Oh that, I know that. We don't see what happens so for all we know Sonic was gathering rings to maintain the form. Directly saying it does not have a time limit because of just that wouldn't make sense due to consistency unless there is a bunch more.

JoshSSJGod said:
Gameplay mechanic? It plays a big roll in the fight against Solaris and the Time Eater as it places a time limit for them.
There's no time limit in those fights aside from the villain destroying everything and you needing to stop them before it

The characters telling you need rings like in a tutorial is as canon as they telling you to press buttons to move

Yeah, if you keep collecting rings there is no time limit.

Regardless with the situations already stated with Super Sonic Vs Shulk, wouldn't it be inconclusive due to it being an infinite loop?

JoshSSJGod said:
Yeah, if you keep collecting rings there is no time limit.

Regardless with the situations already stated with Super Sonic Vs Shulk, wouldn't it be inconclusive due to it being an infinite loop?
There's no "colecting rings" because Sonic needing them it's gameplay mechanics

Heck, they are games where Sonic doesn't need rings and can stay in his super form has long has you want

Sonic can go super even after being damaged and after a level, both which in gameplay make Sonic have zero rings, directely contradicting that

Collecting rings are a gameplay mechanic. Otherwise canonically Sonic can't die as long as he has a ring on him and rings comes out of him when he gets hurt.

JoshSSJGod said:
Sorry I'm dumb, what did you mean by this?

Basically, Shulk with his precog is going to use a Percep/Bind combo to keep Sonic from doing anything but Sonic will use his rewind to get rid of it....however there is nothing stopping Shulk from just doing it again and again and again and again.....

Shulk's stamina is said to be nearly limitless, while Sonic is just flat out limitless. Even if we did go by your scenario Sonic will outlast him and just conceptually destroy Shulk. And this is merely going just off by this specific scenario.

Problem is, that is also assuming using that combo takes any sort of effort from Shulk's part. Too many variables tbh.

Well the problem with saying that it's effortless for him is that he, going by the profile, is still limited in some capacity. It can take several thousands of years and he will still grow tired eventually. Unless if it's some passive shit if you do it enough times you will grow tired if you don't have infinite stamina. And that's why I'm saying going off by your specific scenario because I doubt it would actually happen in an actual fight.

Oh, may I ask a question? Sonic's profile states he has Immortality type 3 yet I can't find Regen on his page. If it is there mind telling me what type of Regen it is?

Shulk's going to getting some additions to some hax, mostly scaling from abilities he got from the Monado 3 which should give him abilities such as Immortality Type 1 or Dimensional Travel. My question is, if it takes so long then couldn't the possibility of Sonic passing from age be a factor?

JoshSSJGod said:
Shulk's going to getting some additions to some hax, mostly scaling from abilities he got from the Monado 3 which should give him abilities such as Immortality Type 1 or Dimensional Travel. My question is, if it takes so long then couldn't the possibility of Sonic passing from age be a factor?
No because this is in his super form.

Back