• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sonic resists almost every single thing Shulk has to offer, including Sleep Manipulation via Self-Sustenance Type 3 and Resistance to Sleep Manip that I plan to add anyways. Not to mention the AP gap is so ridiculously massive that it isn't even funny.

This is a bruh moment.

Type 4 offers resistance to Fate Manip, with Type 2 offerering the same thing. The only Acausality that would help would be Type 5.

Doesn't Zanza also resist precog, powernull and paralysis inducement?

And if what I heard before is correct, Shulk can affect him?

Yes, that is true. Zanza has type 2 Acausality for example and Shulk could still affect him with his Precog, not sure about the other abilities and if they could scale to Shulk's absurdly broken Precog.

And even then, Sonic doesn't seem to resist perception manipulation. I guess I forgot to add that the abilities of Monado Purge aren't dependent on one another.

Question, I looked at Sonic's profile and saw that Sonic does not resist status effect inducement. Can't Shulk use Bind along with Purge's Percep to lock down Sonic for an incap?

Oki, good to know because this opens things up like Shulk stalling Sonic by just repeating the process over and over until Sonic runs out of Chaos energy ( Shulk's stupidly broken precog would inform him on this ) which would negate the issue of Time Manipulation.

Doesn't Sonic just erase him with a single blast since Sonic has Type 2 Concept manip with every attack besides melee?

Sonic's fatehax would still be able to work as Master Mogul exists beyond past, present, and future, that's a bit better than type 2 acausality. But regardless he could have no fatehax and he'd still stomp.

Shulk doesn't seem to have a way of bypassing Sonic's type 8, so Sonic just claps him via AP.

The AP advantage Sonic has is interesting, I'm curious if Shulk could lessen the gap with buffing himself or straight up stealing any buffs Sonic applies to himself with Monado Eater.

JoshSSJGod said:
The AP advantage Sonic has is interesting, I'm curious if Shulk could lessen the gap with buffing himself or straight up stealing any buffs Sonic applies to himself with Monado Eater.
Probably not without it sounding like NLF, since the AP advantage Sonic has is massive.

Regardless of the AP advantage, Shulk would have the speed advantage with his many buffs such as his auto speed buff ( Skill tree skill ), Monado Speed, Speed buffing gems, etc. Pair that with Shulk being able to see everything Sonic does and Sonic is going to have a lot of issues hitting Shulk with physical attacks.

A slower speed character can't win via Speed Amp. It was discussed a little bit ago, but I can't find the thread so I can't link it

1) Sonic resists precog.

2) Shulk is infinite while Sonic is immeasurable. Speed amps don't allow the slower character to blitz a faster one in speed equal matches.

Alrighty then. Forgot about that. Anyways to address Shadow's 1st point, this was already discussed and Sonic's resistance does not work against Shulk who has fought and precoged people who have a natural resistance to it. Imagine it like Sonic's Fate Hax but for Precoging if that helps.

Sonic honestly wins.

>Sonic has an astronomical AP advantage thanks to the Great Harmony and any of his energy based attacks can intercept with concepts as shown when Mammoth Mogul wounded the Anciwnt Walkers.Shuld can't close the AP gap from what I've seen and would need a buff that places him trillions upon trillions of times above baseline.

>Precog is resisted by as in base form he resisted Master Mogul's precog.

>Sonic's very nature is chaotic and unpredictable as stated by Eggman making him difficult to track.Even Master Mogul and Enerjak who have Comsic Awareness are unable to get the upper hand on him in combat.

>Sonic can also just conceptualy erase Shulk with Chaos Control which is powerful enough to erase and rewrite concepts and even bypass beings with resistance to conceptual manipulation.

>I would also like some clarification that a type 4 fatehax wouldn't work on a type 2.

Right now voting for Sonic if this isn't a stomp.Nice to see Shulk at 2-A tho.

Ass to address the fact of Sonic running out of Chaos Energy, that won't be happening. Sonic's only ever exited his Super State in Archie by force, be it from a universal collapse (which is really just inconsistent) or by willingly leaving it.

A Super Emerald that Ultra has is constantly feeding him a limitless amount of energy, which is also constantly and passively increasing his AP and Speed.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
1) Sonic resists precog.

2) Shulk is infinite while Sonic is immeasurable. Speed amps don't allow the slower character to blitz a faster one in speed equal matches.
Unless Sonic's resistance is on a higher scale, Shulk will still be able to see into the future. There's even the fact that Shulk has used precogniton against someone with a resistance anyway.

Back