• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus's Speed Downgrade and Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better reasoning additions for their Omnipresence are the conclusion. Now, we wait for more Staffs' evaluations.

By the way, what is the difference between infinite and omnipresent? I mean, which is "faster"? (I think omnipresent but want to make sure)

Omnipresence means that ypu are everywhere at the same time, and infinite is you are in one point of space but literally go to Another place in 0 seconds. A omnipresent should be able to instantly hit the target because he is already in the target, but infinite just go also instantly, Who wins? (I root for omnipresence, It seems better, also the thread says downgrade, but im doubting for omnipresent vs immesurable too)

Kirby71 said:
By the way, what is the difference between infinite and omnipresent? I mean, which is "faster"? (I think omnipresent but want to make sure)
Omnipresence means that ypu are everywhere at the same time, and infinite is you are in one point of space but literally go to Another place in 0 seconds. A omnipresent should be able to instantly hit the target because he is already in the target, but infinite just go also instantly, Who wins? (I root for omnipresence, It seems better, also the thread says downgrade, but im doubting for omnipresent vs immesurable too)
Infinite < Immeasurable < Omnipresent.

Omnipresence isn't really a speed. It is a state of being. So the two values cannot be compared to each other. We only list it under the speed statistic out of old convenience.

Zeifyl said:
Antvasima said:
If time and space are aspects of Arceus, he should be omnipresent.
Time and space are mere fractions of Arceus.
Agree, the question is simple as the answer, basically existence itself is...arceus, omnipresent, now palkia and dialga, Nigh-omnipresence? Palkia is spatial omnipresence but not time, Dialga is temporal omnipresence but no space, they are almost truly omnipresent, or make them have spatial omnipresence and time omnipresent.

If the other staff members do not respond soon, Nedge can probably edit the page.

Quesiton, but because they represent an aspect of a concept they can be have Omniprescence???? im late to the party...

Kirby71 said:
Zeifyl said:
Antvasima said:
If time and space are aspects of Arceus, he should be omnipresent.
Time and space are mere fractions of Arceus.
Agree, the question is simple as the answer, basically existence itself is...arceus, omnipresent, now palkia and dialga, Nigh-omnipresence? Palkia is spatial omnipresence but not time, Dialga is temporal omnipresence but no space, they are almost truly omnipresent, or make them have spatial omnipresence and time omnipresent.
I think this is a fair analysis

if Dialga and palkia have omnipresence on temporal and spatial scale... Shouldn't that mean their be different tiers of omniprescence included in the omniprescence page...? or.... am i asking something stupid lol... because one is qualitively superior to the other Temporal being > Spatial... this is probably silly to ask..

Palkia should be given Nigh-Omnipresence but Nigh-Omnipresence for Dialga doesn't matter as a rating as it's temporal Omnipresence which IIRC doesn't get applied because of similar reasoning for Solaris or maybe I'm misremembering.

temporal Omnipresence is immeasurable speed like Solaris (Archie Comics)'s.

However, Dialga's speed should be scaled to Palkia since their speeds are comparable. This statement is proven since they can fight to a comparable level. So, I believe the speed scaling is the solution for the issue.

If a character is present everywhere that there there exists time or space respectively, I think that should count as omnipresence, but am not certain.

Antvasima said:
If a character is present everywhere that there there exists time or space respectively, I think that should count as omnipresence, but am not certain.
I mean, they do. But thanks to the Anime, there are places with no time, no space, and even neither time nor space. So, I am a little on the fence on those two...

Okay. Perhaps nigh-omnipresence is better then.

To be fair, the only places that lack those things are Dialga's dimension (Lacks space), Palkia's dimention (Lacks time), the Distortion World (Either lacks, or has different versions of, space and time), and Arceus' dimension (Lacks space and time)

On a sidenote, writing lacks so many times in one post made me realise how little the word actually resembles a word.

Dark649 said:
True Palkia and Dialga supposed Omnipresence should be affected from this.
Dark649, apparently, if since their omnipresence are limited, they qualified for Nigh-Omnipresence instead.

Aren't Dialga and Palkia's true selves one with their realm?

If one lacks the time and the other lacks space, they would just be pieces of space and time in the multiverse.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
Should not Giratina also have Nigh-Omnipresence as well?
I'm not so sure, I mean it's never implied that Giratina was a part of the multiverse and it probably shouldn't be considering it is literally antimatter (antimatter + matter = boom!). I believe it is only omnipresent in its own realm.

DMB 1 said:
Aren't Dialga and Palkia's true selves one with their realm?
If one lacks the time and the other lacks space, they would just be pieces of space and time in the multiverse.

It depends (When it comes to the various dimensions)

If they're technically part of the multiverse, then yeah they would be downgraded.

If not, they're just omnipresent in regards to the multiverse (ie standard)

Ok, I think have the necessary inputs to make the edits. Giratina, Palkia and Dialga in their true forms should have Nigh-Omnipresence instead of Omnipresence

Eficiente said:
Can the evidence of this be added in the respective profiles?
It was already explained in their Powers and Abilities

Nedge1000 said:
Seriously, it would be better to link the evidence instead of just leave some words explaining the stuff. Only requesting it on this important matter.

Eficiente said:
Nedge1000 said:
Seriously, it would be better to link the evidence instead of just leave some words explaining the stuff. Only requesting it on this important matter.
More evidence is in the respect thread on the profiles.

I am too busy to look since I am responsible for additions of many revisions to looks.

But, if anyone could find the evidence and post it here or another CRT to be added, then it would be appreciated.

Enryu The Red Tower said:
Nedge1000 said:
They do and already listed in the categories;
But only in the part of Powers and Abilities this has not been added, only in categories this has been added
I known but Higher-Dimensional Existence gives many abilities like Self-Sustenance (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2472177; in insight, I should probably add to the P&A page since it was accepted), Immeasurable strenght, Cosmic Awareness, and Large Size (Type X; depend on the number of Dimension the being is); Acausality and Reality Warping (depending on the verse)

So additions can be tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back