• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus's Speed Downgrade and Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they wouldn't. It would be like all of your versions throughout time did the same movement.

@Nedge1000 Nobody brought up omniscience.

@DMB 1 I'm not referring to separate versions of oneself. I'm referring to just one being that exists throughout all of time.

But that being moving at finite speed contradicts the whole point of "Immeasurable speed".

That is just a being omnipresent only throughout 1 axis of spacetime.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Nedge1000 Nobody brought up omniscience.
You said temporal omnipresence so I got confused on your point.

I mean, if you have temporal omnipresence, your existence is already not bound by linear time.

DMB 1 said:
But that being moving at finite speed contradicts the whole point of "Immeasurable speed".

That is just a being omnipresent only throughout 1 axis of spacetime.
Lets say I had temporal omnipresence and I went to the store. When I get to the store, I would be there before I left the house or long before the store even existed, in the present, and heck, in the future when the store closes down.

My existence isn't bound by linear time, so any movement I make would be immeasurable.

Your existence wouldn't be bound by time but would be bound by everything else.

You wouldn't really be able to "blitz" someone with that.

In fact, "temporal omnipresence" is one of the most convoluted things I've ever seen.

Cal, I meant no offense. I just want accuracy and I have gone through the past CRTs and Respect Threads where frankly, I found little to no scans supporting Omnipresence. I may be wrong about the proposed change to infinite but so far but I don't think so about Omnipresence who besides one or two scan looks pretty unsupported.

DMB 1 said:
Your existence wouldn't be bound by time but would be bound by everything else.
You wouldn't really be able to "blitz" someone with that.

In fact, "temporal omnipresence" is one of the most convoluted things I've ever seen.
You can, as you can see your opponent attack before it even happens.

The real cal howard said:
Anyway, hard no to literally everything being discussed here.
The real cal howard, as all of us, your rebuttals do need evidence though especially if you want to support Omnipresence speed.

I am a Pokémo fan but with not enough evidence for the current speed... a downgrade is going to happen.

The real cal howard said:
Omniscience comes from Uxie, btw, who literally is knowledge.
Sorry, for the confusion, I accidentally linked Omniscience than my OP's Omnipresence removal.

Btw, Uxies' -Intelligence: Nigh-Omniscient as the being and derivative of knowledge.

His current Omnipresence comes from a statue description that does not explicically imply it, and is only one source, so i wonder is there more stuff that might help it.

Dark649 said:
His current Omnipresence comes from a statue description that does not explicically imply it, and is only one source, so i wonder is there more stuff that might help it.
I don't think there are evidences as I have look for them. Anyone is welcome to try though.

The omnipresence of Arceus can not be justified with Palkia and Dialga being omnipresent on 3-D and 4-D scales? Since both are only parts of the Lhama

Enryu The Red Tower said:
The omnipresence of Arceus can not be justified with Palkia and Dialga being omnipresent on 3-D and 4-D scales? Since both are only parts of the Lhama
Enryu The Red Tower, Palkia and Dialga have no scans to prove Omnipresence, Enryu The Red Tower though. Other lower speeds like Immeasurable is maybe

Nope, Dialga and Palkia are Omnipresent because Arceus created the concepts of the own time and space and these two concepts are Dialga and Palkia true forms

Enryu The Red Tower said:
Nope, Dialga and Palkia are Omnipresent because Arceus created the concepts of the own time and space and these two concepts are Dialga and Palkia true forms
Enryu The Red Tower, Dialga and Palkia's omnipresence are not supported via scans though. At best, they have immeasurable or have Nigh-Omnipresence. Arguing that they are currently with little to no evidences would be Argument from belief Fallacy.

@Dark649 & Cal

So what are the conclusions here?

No offense, but this thread is just downright baffling. How can Omnipresence be an outlier for a being who's literal inferior extensions are the very concepts of time and space? Arceus has that statement backed up by just how the concepts of time and space are mere aspects of it. And if you're literally not getting what everyone is saying on this thread, they're saying Dialga is temporally Omnipresent while Palkia is spatially Omnipresent. As in, throughout those specific labels, not actually Omnipresent. If you're agreeing they're arguably Nigh-Omnipresent due to their statuses to the their concepts when Arceus is both in one and somehow isn't supported to be Omnipresent by this virtue, your own argument is self-contradicting.

I mean.

Arceus should be either Immesurable or omnipresent or Nigh-omnipresent.

1) Arceus predates time itself.

2) Time is an aspect of Arceus

3) Space is an aspect of Arceus

Oh, and I forgott to mention this as well. The blogs gave reasoning for why Giratina is Omnipresent, it literally is the Distortion World as stated by the games. The Distortion World is a world of pure antimatter and Giratina as the realm itself would naturally be Omnipresent throughout it. It should probably be explained on the profile.

If time and space are aspects of Arceus, he should be omnipresent.

Should this be mentioned somewhere in his profile?

Okay. Is somebody willing to perform the edit?

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Are the other staff members here fine with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back