• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus's "immeasurable speed"

Im in an argument with a friend at the moment who thinks embodying Time and Space and going beyond those 2 concepts shouldnt count as omnipresence. Now I know what's listed here on the wiki but can someone help explain HOW Arceus has immeasurable/infinite speed? Is it the same as omnipresence? Does powerscaling off the trio really give it to him? If anyone can help resolve this confusion it would be very appriciated

Embodying time and space should count as omnipresence as, essentially, that's what a Universe consists of. Going beyond it, however, is unquantifiable.

Now I know what's listed here on the wiki but can someone help explain HOW Arceus has immeasurable/infinite speed? Is it the same as omnipresence? Does powerscaling off the trio really give it to him? If anyone can help resolve this confusion it would be very appriciated

Infinite Speed is given to characters in which time/distance is meaningless. That is, to characters who transcend time and space but still exist on a lower plane of existence or can move in indefinitely stopped time.

The sealed Creation Trio is the former. Arceus defeated them. Simple as that.

Arceus existed in a pre-Universe void and exists in a outside the Pokemon multiverse.

Hence immeasurable.

Yes, powerscaling does.

It's nothing like omnipresence. Infinite Speed is in which distance is meaningless. Immeasurable speed is infinitely faster than this.

Omnipresence isn't a speed, but a state of being, in which you exist everywhere.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Embodying time and space should count as omnipresence as, essentially, that's what a Universe consists of. Going beyond it, however, is unquantifiable.

Now I know what's listed here on the wiki but can someone help explain HOW Arceus has immeasurable/infinite speed? Is it the same as omnipresence? Does powerscaling off the trio really give it to him? If anyone can help resolve this confusion it would be very appriciated
Infinite Speed is given to characters in which time/distance is meaningless. That is, to characters who transcend time and space but still exist on a lower plane of existence or can move in indefinitely stopped time.
The sealed Creation Trio is the former. Arceus defeated them. Simple as that.

Arceus existed in a pre-Universe void and exists in a outside the Pokemon multiverse.

Hence immeasurable.

Yes, powerscaling does.

It's nothing like omnipresence. Infinite Speed is in which distance is meaningless. Immeasurable speed is infinitely faster than this.

Omnipresence isn't a speed, but a state of being, in which you exist everywhere.

Kk this helped alot but i only have one question left. My friend believes that powerscaling doesnt translate to omnipresence such as Arceus beating the trio. He believes the beating omnipresents does not make the one who defeated them omnipresent. If you have an explanation for this too could u explain as best as u can how powerscaling could translate to omnipresence?

I don't believe defeating an omnipresent would define the victor as omnipresent because it's a state of existence, not a speed statistic that you can acquire upon blitzing. Arceus may be omnipresent though, since the Creation Trio members are parts of him.

TheMightyRegulator said:
I don't believe defeating an omnipresent would define the victor as omnipresent because it's a state of existence, not a speed statistic that you can acquire upon blitzing. Arceus may be omnipresent though, since the Creation Trio members are parts of him.
Ah i see now this makes sense. But my friend also said that omnipresence means being everywhere at once and that embodying space and time isnt relateable in the least. What do u make of this?

TheMightyRegulator said:
No problem.
Just as a side note i have a question about something. Are Dialga and Palkia only universal+ because they were destroying the universe via chain effect or the opposite?

TheMightyRegulator said:
What? Chain reactions? They are Universe level+ for creating, destroying and destabilizing space-time continuums.
I know that but i hear that they are only able to do that because that since they are space and time itself, them fighting against each other would disrput time and space via their fight and because of that, it would be causing an automatic chain creation to the universe being destroyed. Like if a box contained a universe and if we destroyed that box the universe would be gone via the chain effect of the box's destruction. Personally i agree with you but i just wanted to know your own personal imput on this claim give

Palkia and Dialga are the literal embodiments of Space and Time. While they worked together to create the universe, that does not mean they are unable to do so on their own (they created their personal realms on their own, and Giratina created the Distortion World without any outside help). They are also perfectly capable of annihilating space-time continuums, which often seems to nearly happen accidentally as a side effect of their fights, alone.

You can feel free to check out my respect threads for evidence of some of what Azathoth was referring to.

Further destroying space-time on a Universal scale is not a chain reaction as the Universe itself, is a space-time continuum hence there is no "box" in this instance.

Destroying Space-time is destroying the Universe. There is no difference between the two.

Back