• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus vs Chara (Remastered)

I'm giving this to Arceus. Not sure if Arceus could kill Chara, probably not, but as Cal said incapacitating Chara should definitely be possible.

Arceus has better control over space, time and reality itself (Given he created the concepts for those, and fodderized the abstract entities embodying them)

Conceptual manipulation of knowledge, willpower and emotion will become very handy as all three of them can be used to incapacitate an opponent. (Given he created those concepts from scratch, creating and calibrating all of their properties, a high level of control over them is guaranteed. Same goes for the other concepts he created as well.)

Arceus soul manipulation might even be strong enough to overcome Charas resistance and destroy his soul. (Just an assumption on my end as I don't know how strong Charas soul manip resistance is.)

Also given Arceus' immense defensive hax and great variety of both techniques and offensive hax I see no way for Chara to defeat Arceus.

Chara have resistance to direct soul attack so Arceus could soul hax them

but it likely only applies to Chara after they get player soul because Chara soul was already destroyed before the start of the game

Also i'd like to point out that even if we don't consider Chara omnipresent, dimensional BFR is still useless because they kinda hop between different timelines just to stalk Frisk

Kaltias said:
Also i'd like to point out that even if we don't consider Chara omnipresent, dimensional BFR is still useless because they kinda hop between different timelines just to stalk Frisk
Did they do that?

Iirc,Frisk's hax is just a hax,he can't create timelines

Arceus wins via Dimensional BFR.

I will change it when Chara really 5D did do such stuff as stated as Kaltias

(if I am convinced enough)

Still every Frisk you play with is a Frisk from a different timeline, seeing how the True Reset kinda busts all of them. Meaning that Chara can follow them.

Moreover, being trapped in a different universe would just cause Chara to bust it.

And I never claimed that Chara is 5D?

Kaltias said:
Still every Frisk you play with is a Frisk from a different timeline, seeing how the True Reset kinda busts all of them. Meaning that Chara can follow them.
Moreover, being trapped in a different universe would just cause Chara to bust it.

And I never claimed that Chara is 5D?
Sry,I think I just misunderstood Dimensional scale :p

What is 5D again?

Kaltias said:
What?True reset busted them all?

I thought it's just that timeline...

Sorry for the derailing @Fate

Anyway, dimensions works like that:

Finite power of a X-dimensional being*infinity= infite X-dimensional power. This multiplied by infinity is finite (X+1) dimensional power. And you can continue forever

Got kinda lost here for a sec, sooo...

Arceus: 3 (The real cal howard, DaFritzi, LeSword)

Chara: 0

Inconclusive: 3 (Anonimoe7875, Monarch Laciel, Kaltias)

I didn't count Juggerton's vote yet because he seems uncertain. Once you decide, I'll count it. And no problem, Kaltias.

Actually I haven't voted yet.

But i'll side with Arceus on this one. While it's true that going around manipulating concepts isn't how Arceus opens the battle, it will use it sooner or later, and it wins at this point. In the meantime, Arceus has more than enough defensive hax to deal with Chara.

FateAlbane said:
I didn't count Juggerton's vote yet because he seems uncertain. Once you decide, I'll count it. And no problem, Kaltias.
For some reason...I seem to be uncertain about every Ut God tier xD

@Kaltias 'k, in that case...

Arceus: 4 (The real cal howard, DaFritzi, LeSword, Kaltias)

Inconclusive: 2 (Anonimoe7875, Monarch Laciel)

Arceus for above reasons.

Arceus has better hax than Chara and can to resist his abilities, although Arceus can not kill Chara because of his Regenerationn can surely incapacitate him.

Jugger, Jugger...

Arceus: 5 (The real cal howard, DaFritzi, LeSword, Kaltias, NeoZex6399, Juggerto)

Inconclusive: 2 (Anonimoe7875, Monarch Laciel)

The question is though, is Arceus acausal because nobody bothered updating it or because it fits the new definition?

I'd think he remained Acausal because he was there in his verse before everything else, including Concepts (assuming Causality would naturally be included in the mix, here).

Ok, then one more and Arceus might get this one.

Arceus: 6 (The real cal howard, DaFritzi, LeSword, Kaltias, NeoZex6399, Monarch Laciel)

Inconclusive: 1 (Anonimoe7875)

And she...! ... Eh... He... T-They...? Anyways, I mean, they're down for the count.

Grace period.

Arceus: 7 (The real cal howard, DaFritzi, LeSword, Kaltias, NeoZex6399, Monarch Laciel, Dragonmasterxyz)

Inconclusive: 1 (Anonimoe7875)

>bfr

Ultra kek

Anyway, Arceus has better offensive abilities, but I haven't really seen the fact that Arceus can do...well, literally nothing to Chara be properly addressed.

Hell, Chara might have an edge in a straight up war of attrition if we take into account the fact Arceus can supposedly be killed and is significantly lacking in the regen department, here.

Explain more about Arceus being able to do "literally nothing to Chara"? What stops the willpower hax?

Please. I want to vote Chara. Psycho knife kid > Fancy Llama

"And just as everything seems to end soundly for the god of Pokemons, Azathoth awakens from its slumber. No one is safe anymore. Creation, arguments, reasoning and votes may as well dissipate like a fleeting dream, as if they were never there.

All hope is lost - because Hope never was.

There was only Azathoth."

FateAlbane said:
And just as everything seems to end soundly for the god of Pokemons, Azathoth awakens from its slumber. No one is safe anymore. Creation and votes may dissipate like a fleeting dream, as if they were never there.
All hope is lost - because Hope never was.

There was only Azathoth.
How beautiful

The fact that, assuming at worst Chara is say, a bit below member of the Creation Trio level in terms of power, they have explicit Mid-Godly regen, acausality, and ties to a concept not directly governed by Arceus. This is before we take into account the fact that Chara canonically is fuelled by the same SOUL that tanked hits from Asriel (post-genocide pacifist ending) and that there is no semi-physical entity to BFR or anything, as at this point Chara is essentially just a presence.

There is no way for Arceus to inflict damage that puts Chara down for good, and BFR is dubious at best, in this scenario.

Back