• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Hax Upgrade (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually some of this may not be entirely true.

Is there any evidence that the Creation trio's creation of matter came before the lake trio's creation of spirit? Given how the lake trio are supposed to be beings who bind Time and Space respectively, it would make sense that the creation of both matter and spirit came at the exact same occurence does it not? In addition, humans being able to exist before the lake trio's creation of spirit does not add up because for one, humans being a thing by that time is completely speculative and seeing as how, like you said, everything is listed in "steps", it would seem that those steps take place one after the other in an immediate fashion. This would only make sense if the creation trio's creation of matter/multiverse took place in a slow process while it would seem to be very immediate. Furthermore, there isnt any way that humans nor pokemon could have even come to be without spirit as its clear they have been and are depicted as having souls and if matter came before spirit, then maybe the multiverse came before their spiritual creation, but surely not living sentient beings.

Also, IIRC, we treat the "turmoil of Chaos" as Nothingness as there is only one part of the lore that states that while everywhere else it states nothing, like in the Pokedex. But don't quote me on that, that's just how I assumed it to be based on everyone else's treatment towards the pkmn lore.

Yes but as Azzy pointed out, using an example like that which only benefits us has no comparison to such trivial concepts that affect existence as a whole in a fundamental way, as you yourself pointed out. One would be manipulating a concept while the other would not due to have low and very limited the process would be. For example, take Creation. I can go get the neccesarry tools and parts needed to make a house. But buliding anything, especially tiny things like those, wouldnt be anywhere close to the same as someone creating a universe/multiverse which would be true creation. One is creating and the other is buliding. The same could apply here. Making a concept that brings no signifigant change and is only putting together other things into one that benefits only so much instead of creating a concept that affects everything is not the same thing or on the same level.

I'll let Azzy deal with the rest if he has anything to say. Just wanted to address these.

It is also directly affirmed that Arceus created and gave birth to space and time:

"A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world.
Could that Pokémo be the physical form of the original spirit?
Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were bor...
That seems to point to Legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space..."
There are also these descriptions about Dialga and Palkia that reinforce the fact that they are concepts:
"The first one says this:
The creation of DIALGA,
The giver of time...
In laughter, there is tears...
And, likewise it is with time.
The same time flows on.
For it is the blessing of DIALGA."
"The second one says this:
The birth of PALKIA.
The creator of parallel dimensions...
Alive, yet not alive...
Everything drifts in space...
To arrive in the same universe.
It is the blessing of PALKIA."
(In Pokémon Ranger the fact that Dialga was hurt by Palkia was the cause of temporal distortions.)
Also in PMD it is directly affirmed that he has created all things and in pokédex it is said repeatedly that he was born in an emptiness and that he has given shape to all the things that are in the world.

@Ant

I doubt it will.

@DT

Clarifications.

"From step 1 there exist entities that can have sentience, that are arceus and later palkia and dialga and not last the lake guardians themselves."

This can not be conflated to basic sentience as we know it. This is how higher godly beings are treated in many verses. If there exists an all-powerful god within a setting and said god is stated to have willingly created the concept of sentience, you cannot argue that it did not do so because it would have required sentience in the first place to make this decision. Logically it would have, but these are beings that do not abide by our logic. Granted, this doesn't just mean we can say they can do anything and everything, but it does mean that real world logic does not get rid of in-universe statements of what the character did or can do. For instance, Arceus created Uxie, and Uxie's flight was said to be the birth of knowledge. You cannot argue that it required knowledge to willingly make knowledge and thus didn't actually make it, because we are told in-universe that this isn't the case, and that's simply the way it has to be in order to convey this idea in any sort of meaningful way.

"And from the step before the lake guardians created spirit there was already matter, meaning living beings could already have existed."

False. While matter existed, the world itself did not exist until there was spirit, which was created by the Lake Guardians. We are told this in the HG/SS lore.

"Oh, and there is always something to know, because a priori knowledge"

This goes back to the first point, in that it shouldn't be possible for there to not be something to know by our logic, but when dealing with anything of this level or higher, it is entirely possible that there simply isn't.

Those are just things I wanted to clarify. Everything else I don't think will actually go anywhere since we're effectively arguing the same points over and over again.

Well the changes were already made and all we are doing at this point is going in repeated circles with no real arguments as to why it shouldnt be a thing as they are being repeatedly countered. (no offense guys).

Perhaps we should just close this thread?

I also think that this thread is starting to get redundant, since it wastes energy that could be used for content content revisions that might lead somewhere.

Okay. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back