• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus and Chaos

Matter is also a thing though, which comes under wings of space-time hence existance.
Any random characater is made of normal matter.

Giratina is completely opposite to this. Absence of space-time , nothing ness.

And Arceus exists outside this binary.
Tbh I still don’t see why he is neither existing nor non existing,but even if he is,that’s only transdual type 1 at best,here is an example

So, what are the main arguments for and against the OP suggestion, in summary?
-Arceus predates the concepts of the Pokemon verse
-Arceus exists outside and nonexistent to the Binary of existence and non-existence
-Arceus is made of the chaos that is nonexistent to the distortion world
are some of them for NEP type 2

So, what are the main arguments for and against the OP suggestion, in summary?
Arceus should be Type 2 NEP because of it being composed of the chaos/void that predates creation, including Giratina who embodies a type 1 NEP realm according to Ex blog.

Counter is Arceus being just the 1st thing to exist after nonexistence and embodying nothingness only on a type 1 NEP level

Hm...Honestly, from the sound of things, it seems more likely that Arceus did indeed form out of nothingness, but that doesn't mean that he still is equivalent to nothingness. He was nothing and then became something out of that nothing.

Like, the phrasing of the text even supports this line of thought:

At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg.
Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One.
Keep in mind, I am not particularly good with this higher level of theorizing, but from what I can gather, it seems that the nothingness coalesced into one place, and in that place it turned into the Egg from which Arceus was born. So, I will side with just Type 1 NEP for now. Of course, I could be dumb and am missing certain important details, but this is what I take of the arguments.

Hm...Honestly, from the sound of things, it seems more likely that Arceus did indeed form out of nothingness, but that doesn't mean that he still is equivalent to nothingness. He was nothing and then became something out of that nothing.
Issue here is that Type 2 NEP dudes can exist without a concept, and you're implying that Arceus suddenly became reliant to them from nowhere

Im still not getting this whole "became something out of nothing" point, as you can't just suddenly squeeze in "something" out of nothingness.

Type 1 NEP still relies on concepts, mind you, while Type 2 is basically without such, is literally the reason of why the types are separated.

Im still not getting this whole "became something out of nothing" point, as you can't just suddenly squeeze in "something" out of nothingness.
That is the whole point of creatio ex nihilo. Arceus itself is said to have created the Creation Trio out of nothingness. So yes, it's possible to have something to appear out of nothingness for no reason other than it being some type of godly entity that is being born. A God appearing spontaneously out of nothingness is just a characteristic of said God.

That is the whole point of creatio ex nihilo. Arceus itself is said to have created the Creation Trio out of nothingness. So yes, it's possible to have something to appear out of nothingness for no reason other than it being some type of godly entity that is being born. A God appearing spontaneously out of nothingness is just a characteristic of said God.
A characteristic that should still count for it being non-existent though. And im not speaking about the CT being born, but Arceus. Using nothingness to make something is one thing, but gathering nothingness together to "make yourself"?

Yeah, but the issue is pretty much this
Arceus seems implied that is made of said void, not that it just appeared from such, since it's pretty much implied that that the void coalesced in one point to generate it.

In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.
*stares in *
Vedic (Modern day Hinduism), word Brahmanda.
or, ‘Creator God Egg’. 😀*

In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos.
From itself, two beings the Original One did make.
Time started to spin. Space began to expand.
From itself again, three living things the Original One did make.
The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be.
The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be.
The world created, the Original One took to unyielding sleep...
I've been rereading this a few times, in addition to Void Manipulation (which Arceus have now, but it is via upscaling Dusknoir, so I think another justification would be Arceus embodies it and then controls it, as we did with his justifications for its Life Manipulation by creating the Jewel of Life and upscaling Dialga), shouldn't Arceus also have Chaos Manipulation? Like, these descriptions make this explicit

Last edited:
I've been rereading this a few times, in addition to Void Manipulation (which Arceus have now, but it is via upscaling Dusknoir, so I think another justification would be Arceus embodies it and then controls it, as we did with his justifications for its Life Manipulation by creating the Jewel of Life and upscaling Dialga), shouldn't Arceus also have Chaos Manipulation? Like, these descriptions make this explicit
Chaos = Void in context so no

I generally agree with this honestly. While the "egg" may have been formed from nothingness "intermingling together", it is never specified that Arceus itself is nothingness, just that that's where it originally came from.

Agree with at least likely since it isn't clear to whether arceus himself is nothingness or not
But isn't that kind of irrelevant since arceus should embody said chaos?

My opinion hasn't changed, this isn't even a likely/possibly for the reasons the other staff have given.

People should seriously stop saying "I disagree because the staff said no", as these arguments can be wrong and already countered.
He said it was because of the reasons given, not because staff said so. Given how I consider the power to be wrong for basic reasons, I believe there is some text comprehension to be improved for users here.

Are you saying that I can't comprehend basic stuff? You do know that is basically insulting me, right? Not surprised after other episodes which you were involved in Efi, really.

Overall, wouldn't be much better first to make a CRT to give Giratina NEP Type 1 and then use it as evidence of support for Arceus' NEP (Type 1 or 2) to this thread?
I think a whole new thread on the matter should be done, this became too long and didn't conclude nothing.

What was born from the egg was The Pokémon Arcues. His True Form has always existed since. Ie. It has no beginning besides waking up from sleep mode and gaining awareness

Existence(Dialga, Palkia) and Anti-Existence/Nonexistence (Giratina) are alternate personalities of His Avatar. His True Form has always been, even before even the concept of something and nothing were a thing. In Simple Terms, the multiverse is him in manifest form. Everything in creation can be traced back to his Avatar. They're all connected to it, evident by the plates containing the essence of all creation and being fragments of him

Buddhist will call The Heart Nirgua Brahman, and Arceus Saguna Brahman.

Nirgua because his True Form lacks all attributes entirely. Existence and Nonexistence concept was not a thing even before you even begin to categorize him in the things that exist in each state. Even the Wuji cannot dissolve him into the undifferentiated state, and is rather contained inside him. It stands independently of all categories of things that exist, and things that do not exist

The Pokémon Arcues is him manifested. His True Form is not a God but akin to an Abstract Force that lies in the background of all creation but cannot be named.

He qualifies for Transduality Type 2, Acausality type 5 and Nep 2.

Back