• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc System Works Discussion Thread 2

Why do I get a feeling that Arcsys might drag out strive until every guilty gear character ever just gets into the game?

To think we might have STRIVE possibly gain every GG character in the game...

Also a Euro branch for Arc Systems Works is pretty cool and interesting to hear.

I struggle to imagine how they'd bring back Zappa - after he got his demons exorcised by the time of Xrd, he basically just became an ordinary dude. I'm curious what they'd do with him.

Maybe they would do some timey wimey stuff? To bring back Zappa?

Like maybe the Backyard brings back A version of him to current time (STRIVE) or Happy Chaos decides to pull a lol moment and bring Zappa from a different timeline to the present. But in all honestly not sure.

I struggle to imagine how they'd bring back Zappa - after he got his demons exorcised by the time of Xrd, he basically just became an ordinary dude. I'm curious what they'd do with him.
He was really unlucky and they came back

The fact ******* Under Night 2 has far more player registration than MK1 is ******* wild dude, wtf happened?

Didn't the winner of MK1 throw a chair that costed $2000 in reparations...?

When the prize they got was $500???

Ok wow, my ass never even noticed the Guilty Gear AP revisions until yesterday.

Before I decide to make a big fuss over it or not, can someone quickly explain the reasoning why the low tiers are once again stuck with 7-B scaling even though we have mostly canon Strive arcade modes with a few of the bosses using something close to their full power (DI Ky, Blood Rage Nago, etc.)? Just give me a Sparknotes version, please.

Before I decide to make a big fuss over it or not, can someone quickly explain the reasoning why the low tiers are once again stuck with 7-B scaling even though we have mostly canon Strive arcade modes with a few of the bosses using something close to their full power (DI Ky, Blood Rage Nago, etc.)? Just give me a Sparknotes version, please.
A few characters who should have scaled to the top-tiers by the time of STRIVE were missed in the original scaling revision. I'd like to make another thread in the future to address who should or should not scale through the arcade modes, since it is sometimes a bit ambiguous (like whether Bridget should scale to Ky).

I feel like Ky was sorta holding back on Bridget, but Bridget was strong enough to handle a casual Ky Kiske...or I may be wrong it has been sometime since I saw that fight.

Btw do any Guilty Gear supporters know what the deal with I-No's "Suppressing her power when merged with Happy Chaos" key is? Going through the story mode... This is just never implied

we haven’t gotten much questions regarding the feat, though I’d prefer we wait until we get some standard on fighting game scaling out of the way since folks are getting confused on what would count and what doesn’t.

we haven’t gotten much questions regarding the feat, though I’d prefer we wait until we get some standard on fighting game scaling out of the way since folks are getting confused on what would count and what doesn’t.
The truth is FG scaling is inconsistent on this site and varies per the community

Not joking btw. I guess I'm moreso curious if the feat is fine in of itself?

Unless it suffers from the MK situation where a character struggles to do a far weaker feat despite their fatality being far stronger, I don’t see what’s wrong with it.

The truth is FG scaling is inconsistent on this site and varies per the community

Not joking btw. I guess I'm moreso curious if the feat is fine in of itself?
This just isn’t true at all and people need to stop treating fighting games specifically as if we’re in the archaic 2017 days with Matthew Schroeder making sure no fighting game verse surpasses tier 9

@CurrySenpai I still remember a while ago when he said that no one in street fighter ever should scale to Chun Li's tier 7 feat from the SF4 movie unless you're the shotas or the main villains, and someone vibe checked him with Birdie beating chun li's ass in his story.

This just isn’t true at all and people need to stop treating fighting games specifically as if we’re in the archaic 2017 days with Matthew Schroeder making sure no fighting game verse surpasses tier 9
What's not true? FG scaling being treated oddly?
Because it is, otherwise there wouldn't need to be some discussion about "the standard" for fighting game scaling to begin with.
And I don't care about how big the numbers are, I'm saying how the scaling within FGs is treated is handled very differently per community. One in particular doesn't even want to use FG scaling and thinks "ladder scaling is bad" (not this thread btw).

What's not true? FG scaling being treated oddly?
Because it is, otherwise there wouldn't need to be some discussion about "the standard" for fighting game scaling to begin with.
And I don't care about how big the numbers are, I'm saying how the scaling within FGs is treated is handled very differently per community. One in particular doesn't even want to use FG scaling and thinks "ladder scaling is bad" (not this thread btw).
I must have misunderstood your message but Im' basically agreeing with you because staff still treat fighting games super weirdly.

@Shadow_Ragna you think that’s annoying? You should’ve seen his mindset with God of War and Devil May Cry back in the day. His fighting game stuff was just him taking MK and Street fighter stuff and broadly applied it to every fighting game series in terms of the arcade scaling even though arcade modes have canonical fights for some franchises like UNIB and BB.

@Shadow_Ragna you think that’s annoying? You should’ve seen his mindset with God of War and Devil May Cry back in the day. His fighting game stuff was just him taking MK and Street fighter stuff and broadly applied it to every fighting game series in terms of the arcade scaling even though arcade modes have canonical fights for some franchises like UNIB and BB.
Jesus thats just...I don't even have words for that because thats just stupid as hell!

Its obvious that there are fighting games with canonical fights in arcade mode, even within the story...

Back