• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc System Works Discussion Thread 2

Regardless of people's thoughts on one or the other, Strive is undeniably more popular. Xrd is probably more liked in the hardcore competitive scene because of how simplified Strive is, but Strive by far has more mass appeal

And even in the competitive scene, Xrd's tournaments gain much less traction than Strive's
Yeah, no disrespect to Xrd, I love that game and played it for a long time, but there is no denying that Strive boosted the series in both relevance and appeal. And not in the way people who complain about Bridget like to think they did.

Glory to my goat Daisuke, I always trusted his plan.

Wow, you must talk with people who never use the internet or interact with the FGC if you think there's not a lot of people playing strive when these are the numbers they pull for major tournaments.
How about we use some nice old stats then
EVO 2023: 2000+ entrants
Combo Breaker 2022: 1,061 Entrants with the TO even noting "GGST alone has more registrants than CB2015 had total players registered." it was also one of the few games to become a 4 digit entrance game at Combo Breaker.
I could go on if you'd like.

Oh, what's this? Guilty Gear Strive is the best-selling guilty gear!? But no... nobody plays this game, my friend told me so! A game that has rivaled and continues to rival SF6 and Tekken 8 in viewership numbers and relevance within the fighting game and anime community!

Buddy, these offline communities you've seemed to tout barely even run Guilty Gear Xrd as a main game at their events. I'd have to show my TOs 10 people if they wanted me to run a Xrd bracket at my local.

So quit while you're behind, and don't talk like you know something about a topic you know nothing about.
Bruh, why you yapping and bitting down a point that doesn't even tackle the main topic on any of senator philips points you literally feel for a red ass herring like a debate bro brained idiot.

Regardless of people's thoughts on one or the other, Strive is undeniably more popular. Xrd is probably more liked in the hardcore competitive scene because of how simplified Strive is, but Strive by far has more mass appeal

And even in the competitive scene, Xrd's tournaments gain much less traction than Strive's
I love freeform combo structure which is why +R just feels so good, but the stylization and grandeur of Strive just hits all the right notes for me. Even as a simpler fighting game, it still has many more options than games like it, and looks great in motion.

Strive basically did the impossible and put GG and ArcSys on the map, when the best they had managed previously was showing up on the radar (thanks to FighterZ).

Yeah, no disrespect to Xrd, I love that game and played it for a long time, but there is no denying that Strive boosted the series in both relevance and appeal. And not in the way people who complain about Bridget like to think they did.

Now for Dizzy to come to Strive so my Xrd main can come home

You trust a man with literally no plan, who's lost his musical edge, and gave up everything metal about guilty gear.

In all honestly I feel like some of the odd retcons in Guilty Gear series was weird, but interesting in some ways (Gear War).

Like the Gear War being somewhat slightly changed, since before Xrd had Japan destroyed DURING the Crusade (Anji even said it was during it) but with Xrd its BEFORE the Gear War started. Also never did like this retcon with the issue of removing Bridget's twin before (Seriously where did he go? All those years and not a peep). And there are many other retcons...but again might need to relook again.

But I am more skilled in BlazBlue since I always love to do deep dives in the series (I managed to download the LN, and yes this includes Bloodedge Experience, and other ones which I am happy for) than Guilty Gear, as I know enough on Guilty Gear.

Last edited:
What does everyone here think of that "BlazBlue Debunk" that was making the rounds a little bit ago?
Also I always found the "debunks" of BlazBlue at times hilarious due to how they always tried to ignore the plot or actual statements and moments that happened, I remember the debunk that Ragna heals due to Black Beast and meaning he is weaker than Velvet Crowe. Also the whole thing with Terumi saying he strolled in the Boundary means the Boundary is not infinite sized. And among others...Some I can see, but in all honestly a lot of it feel like nah.

(Doesn't help certain vs shows had shown Blazblue in a certain light which causes a lot of misinformation and annoying situations)

Do not make comments like this about other users again. Several of your comments in this thread have been excessively rude.
Sure, I won't even comment after this no one listens single thing I say in threads for this dead verse anyway hell you had @CrackerVolley echoing bumps into a void for practically two months since April until a mod showed up. Don't expect any more charity work from me especially if your just gonna take my arguments , pull a "lemme copy your homework but I'll change the answers" and not credit me. I'll take my chances elsewhere thank you.

Welp, seems I missed out on a lot.... 🗿

Either way in regards to the whole "not many players play X fighting game a lot based on a chart I found", I don't really take that seriously, this is literally the same mentality that Leffen likes to pull when he was sucking off Melee like no tomorrow while crapping on every other fighter that doesn't have a certain number of players on steam just because Melee has a dedicated following and the fact it has a slippy mod for online play for an emulator (which I don't think I need to explain how this line of logic falls apart the moment you look into SNK and Capcom's diehard fans who play their classics and keep them active via Fightcade and Discord servers among many other routes).

To quote a BB player who's been with the series for a long ass time: It doesn't matter if it's not meeting your weird standards and it doesn't matter how big the playerbase is, as long as there's a community present and supporting the game, the game will continue to live because what ultimately decides the fate of a fighting game, is the community.

@Ikelaggan Also enough with the ad hominems with folks who didn't do anything to you. If you keep this up you will be reported.

@ShiftCtrlAltDeleteTabFn are you talking about that dogshit google doc that barely even addressed the main arguments or take shit out of context (especially with what I said while not understanding what was being argued in the first place?) Yeah I saw that and it's ******* laughable how much they got wrong.

Welp, seems I missed out on a lot.... 🗿

Either way in regards to the whole "not many players play X fighting game a lot based on a chart I found", I don't really take that seriously, this is literally the same mentality that Leffen likes to pull when he was sucking off Melee like no tomorrow while crapping on every other fighter that doesn't have a certain number of players on steam just because Melee has a dedicated following and the fact it has a slippy mod for online play for an emulator (which I don't think I need to explain how this line of logic falls apart the moment you look into SNK and Capcom's diehard fans who play their classics and keep them active via Fightcade and Discord servers among many other routes).

To quote a BB player who's been with the series for a long ass time: It doesn't matter if it's not meeting your weird standards and it doesn't matter how big the playerbase is, as long as there's a community present and supporting the game, the game will continue to live because what ultimately decides the fate of a fighting game, is the community.

@Ikelaggan Also enough with the ad hominems with folks who didn't do anything to you. If you keep this up you will be reported.
Since this is the last last time I'm ever gonna talk to you, there's a community present here that clearly doesn't want me here in the fandom and I've been in worst cases of almost getting written up for lesser stuff by bigger people so I honestly don't care if I'm the badguy in this scenario and get reported. Also that PnA thread for gear physiology and magic is closed, user blogs also scrubbed. Find some other sucker else to do 90% of the work for once. I leave this final message to you Theglassman12 as a bag of blazing bullshit at this old withered bridge I call a verse.

@Ikelaggan my guy you literally started throwing insults and belittling others for not seeing eye to eye with you in this thread, so I can’t really say I’d buy this victim plea if you do this a lot to other folks. If you don’t want to be on the forums you can take a break if you want, no one’s forcing you to stay here.

@Kisaragi_Megumi So we’re gonna forget Crackervolley’s contribution to the verse too?

@ShiftCtrlAltDeleteTabFn are you talking about that dogshit google doc that barely even addressed the main arguments or take shit out of context (especially with what I said while not understanding what was being argued in the first place?) Yeah I saw that and it's ******* laughable how much they got wrong.
Yes I am. I didn't read much of it since I'm not knowledgeable on BlazBlue, so I wanted to know what supporters of BlazBlue here thought of it.

What kind of stuff did they misinterpret/get wrong?

They literally did not address any of the Boundary feats while claiming the gods only cap at Low 2-C as well as ignore the entire point of Observation, and completely miss the mark of what our criteria of infinite speed is on the wiki among many other things, I'd go on and on but they just weren't paying attention to the point they legit argued that Kokonoe being able to create a black hole (something she's literally described to do in one of her supers) is not enough for black hole creation for whatever reason

Don't expect any more charity work from me especially if your just gonna take my arguments , pull a "lemme copy your homework but I'll change the answers" and not credit me. I'll take my chances elsewhere thank you.
If you're insinuating my rescale thread was plagiarised from your 3-B upgrade thread, then I don't know what you mean, and I don't think anyone else does either.

Reading through your thread, the only piece of information I can find on the thread that was also in my scaling revision was the detail about Dizzy amplifying St. Elmo's Fire, and how this was able to harm Justice. I did not get this from your thread - I got it from watching through Xrd -Sign-, as several people who were interacting with me in the weeks I spent researching the revision can attest to. In fact, I spoke in VSBW-adjacent Discord servers with many members at numerous points about what I was finding while researching the revision, so there is quite solid evidence to the process I was taking through researching the revision.

And if the Dizzy thing is not what you're referring to, then I have no clue what you mean by this statement. Our two threads had almost nothing in common besides being Guilty Gear threads. We did not make a single argument in common.

I take plagiarism seriously. If I had taken something from you, I would have credited you. You just didn't have anything to do with this thread in the first place.

I love freeform combo structure which is why +R just feels so good, but the stylization and grandeur of Strive just hits all the right notes for me. Even as a simpler fighting game, it still has many more options than games like it, and looks great in motion.

Strive basically did the impossible and put GG and ArcSys on the map, when the best they had managed previously was showing up on the radar (thanks to FighterZ).
Didn't Dragon Ball FighterZ sold 10 million copies compared to Strive's 2.5 million? Given how not only was FighterZ Arcsys' most successful game period, but the fact they got far more fan demands (look how many people demanded for a Jojo or One Piece Fighter in the same graphics) and made so many different games in the same engine like Granblue and DNF Duel after that on top of being able to upgrade the engine and make GG look far better in strive than it did in Xrd, I feel like FighterZ hard carried the company to being on the map more than Strive did.

Didn't Dragon Ball FighterZ sold 10 million copies compared to Strive's 2.5 million? Given how not only was FighterZ Arcsys' most successful game period, but the fact they got far more fan demands (look how many people demanded for a Jojo or One Piece Fighter in the same graphics) and made so many different games in the same engine like Granblue and DNF Duel after that on top of being able to upgrade the engine and make GG look far better in strive than it did in Xrd, I feel like FighterZ hard carried the company to being on the map more than Strive did.
No, you're absolutely right that FighterZ sold amazingly, but the thing is that most people praised the animation and all that, but didn't explicitly recognize ArcSys. It being a Dragon Ball property overshadowed a lot of things. So yeah people noticed ArcSys, but Strive was the big thing the was soley ArcSys, which is why I'd argue its success brought more attention to the company themselves.

Look at it this way, a lot of people, mostly casuals, were still thanking and making requests at Bandai-Namco for FighterZ stuff, years after the fact.

I don't think a lot of folks didn't recognize Arcsys, again they had so much fan demands for other anime fighters like Jojo and One Piece alongside being able to make other franchises with the same engine like Granblue and DNF Duel, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Strive being the best selling game in the series happened because FighterZ got everyone's attention to them and wanted to see what their own franchise had in store for the next title.

Back