• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc System Works Discussion Thread 2

Probably a controversial take but Bridget literally has canonized Stockholm syndrome in strive with these retcons.
While I am not an expert on Guilty Gear, I should point out that someone is trying to make some serious allegations. User in question is a permabanned troll, and I'm pretty sure simply talking about ideas/theories of a fictional character is not bigotry. But I just wanted to make you aware; as I am pretty sure you didn't mean anything harmful.

While I am not an expert on Guilty Gear, I should point out that someone is trying to make some serious allegations. User in question is a permabanned troll, and I'm pretty sure simply talking about ideas/theories of a fictional character is not bigotry. But I just wanted to make you aware; as I am pretty sure you didn't mean anything harmful.
Man has the audacity to just waltz in demanding to be unbanned without giving any reason 😭

Anyways:
  1. Didn't know this place existed. Nice to know that it does
  2. Bridget discussions always end up going to shit so I don't wanna even

Yeah the Bridget discussion is something I never want to get into in.

But the retcon of certain things like Gear War and other stuff is something interesting to think about, but again I need to brush up on my Guilty Gear lore.

Also that dude is a troll with his words.

I've seen a bit of Senator Philips on twitter to know that this guys often acts in bad faith. Don't take it at face value.
I'm whatever about it at the end of the day. Changing the wiki won't change what's in strive.
Also, don't go using the word "bad faith" unless you know he's lying or spreading actual misinformation.

Last edited:
finished reading the phase shift and spiral shift novels, pretty interesting overall (plus elaborates more on the nature of Nox Nyctores).

Wanted to point out with the new Slayer information, we now have more concrete ages for Nagoriyuki and by proxy Slayer. At least 683 years, also Slayer more than likely should get Photographic memory since he was able to remember Nagoriyuki drinking wine that long ago and is hinted to also know the exact amount of days.

Last edited:
Judging by Slayer's Arcade Mode, Strive Slayer and Zato-1 may be concretely High 5-A. Nagoriyuki is unable to claim "easy victory" against Slayer (and Slayer also states the years have only made him stronger, meaning he's stronger than in Xrd, solidifying his higher scaling), and Zato-1 fought Slayer and was able to impress him, with him saying he enjoyed the fight

Judging by Slayer's Arcade Mode, Strive Slayer and Zato-1 may be concretely High 5-A. Nagoriyuki is unable to claim "easy victory" against Slayer (and Slayer also states the years have only made him stronger, meaning he's stronger than in Xrd, solidifying his higher scaling), and Zato-1 fought Slayer and was able to impress him, with him saying he enjoyed the fight
More accurately, Nagoriyuki claims that easy victory seems very far away, with him admitting later he knew he couldn't surpass Slayer. Which indicates that Slayer is still noticeable ahead of him despite Nagoriyuki's best attempts over the centuries

More accurately, Nagoriyuki claims that easy victory seems very far away, with him admitting later he knew he couldn't surpass Slayer. Which indicates that Slayer is still noticeable ahead of him despite Nagoriyuki's best attempts over the centuries
Yeah that's even more blatant lol

Yeah that's even more blatant lol
Zato's scaling is definitely more interesting since Slayer outright claims Zato is able to face his full power. While he still loses, this does mean he'd be comparable to, if not just stronger than, Bedman since Slayer is no longer rusty and by the new statements, stronger than ever. Meaning he's once again comparable/superior to Gabriel's beatdown of Bedman.

Zato's scaling is definitely more interesting since Slayer outright claims Zato is able to face his full power. While he still loses, this does mean he'd be comparable to, if not just stronger than, Bedman since Slayer is no longer rusty and by the new statements, stronger than ever. Meaning he's once again comparable/superior to Gabriel's beatdown of Bedman.
Poor Millia, she’s stuck in 7-B hell lmao, and she’s my Strive main too

Could you send me the scan where Nagoriyuki admits he knew he couldn't surpass Slayer?

Just noticed something that I don't think has been mentioned here, or anywhere else, involving the Nightless of Guilty Gear.

Happy Chaos during his flawless arcade mode: "Okay, let's simmer down a little. No need to get spicy. You know what demi-humans are, right? Vampires, werewolves, that sorta thing? Well, if you thought Gears were neat, get a load of this. Demi-humans transcend genetics, physics, and even time itself. Put plainly, their very existence is essentially a bug in our world's programming. Unlike you or me, they don't have IDs. They're the same existence across Independent Segments. And because of that, they subconsciously contain information about parallel universes. Meaning that demi-humans can act as terminals that allow us access to parallel worlds. Though obviously, as dwellers of infinite timelines, they need to downconvert to our simple definition of Planck time in order to exist in what we call "the real world." And heavens to Betsy does that make finding actionable information on them difficult. Like finding one particle of sand across the vastness of the universe. Did you know there was a guy named Bedman who managed to delete his own ID and became a multi-dimensional being? Anyway, that's where Nagoriyuki comes in. He wasn't born a demi-human. He became one. A hybrid, if you will. I can access different timelines by following little references in his old memories. Once I do that, the rest is simple.

This could add a bunch of general shit to them like acausality, higher dimensional existence, resistance to things manipulating biology, physics, and time, ect.

He has this long ass speech at the 2 minute mark, hell I could see people arguing that Slayer and Nago could have immeasurable speed in specific scenarios if the place they are fighting isn't in Planck time due to not needing to 'downconvert'

Hopefully the Guilty Gear anime will be amazing, and hopefully adapt it well.

And will not turn out like the horrible BlazBlue anime adaption (Seriously you combined CT and CS in 12 episodes?? What WERE YOU THINKING!?)

Back