• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc System Works Discussion Thread 2

I think the reason Nasu supporters treat the scaling from Melty Blood arcade story as something inconsistent and try to remove it because Melty Blood is a part of Nasu, which is a collection of numerous series throughout various media, and even the Melty Blood is also directly related to Tsukihime which possibly makes their scaling inconsistency than UNI. Meanwhile, the entire UNI currently only has 2 games as well as most of the scaling we used on the current profile is from the arcade story as there were not many battles in the chronicle mode in the previous games

I think the reason Nasu supporters treat the scaling from Melty Blood arcade story as something inconsistent and try to remove it because Melty Blood is a part of Nasu, which is a collection of numerous series throughout various media, and even the Melty Blood is also directly related to Tsukihime which possibly makes their scaling inconsistency than UNI.
As one of the three people who've tried fixing the profiles I'd disagree with this, buuuut this isn't the thread for that so I'll just let that be.

Also the Chronicles unironically give you a good idea of who's on par with who, but if the ladders are accepted for this community at least then it doesn't matter

Also the Chronicles unironically give you a good idea of who's on par with who
Yeah, but not everyone has a statement for on par with whom, even some characters only obtain a power at a very late of a chronicle story which makes them unable to scale with other characters. Hyde and Nanase as well as Phonon were examples of this in the previous game

Entropy Effect 1.0's finally out

kv-1.jpg

God the art looks so clean.

Been playing uni2 a lot recently. Genuinely amazing so far. First game to make me main 5 characters total

Probably the rarest tier list I've seen in awhile. Besides the meme of leopoldon being in low Godlike everything else is okay.

@Ikelaggan A friend of mine was saying he was downplaying the **** out of half the cast, especially Robo Ky apparently.
Robo KY was definitely a downplay since you know he kinda blew up bedman.
Also didn't feel like he touched too much of the arcade story for strive especially for the Bridget power creep.

Okay Mori you are doing something interesting here, I really love the designs and really interested in what Mori is cooking with his new game in Studio Flare company! I love the designs it got that BlazBlue with addition of Azure Striker Gunvolt and Final Fantasy VII vibes and now interested on what it is going to happen!

Also the female character in that artwork I can assume was the vampire girl near the Ragna look alike. As I assume from the artwork and what we got so far, was that this female vampire looks like a mix of Rachel and Raquel. Though from the artwork she has Noel vibes to her, with how she is dressed and what weapons she has, as from the first image she was more Rachel + Raquel. So maybe this is her battle outfit and her first image was her casual outfit? Maybe she has some higher aspect power like Noel does? Maybe Mori might take inspiration from Arceuid as well as have her be reincarnation of Izanami?

Now I am curious on the Ragna look alike, since it seems like Mori took a version of Ragna and Naoto with aspects of Jin for the male though with the eyepatch it gives me off vibes of Nu-13. Though from what I remember he did have some Hakumen vibes. But it is most likely that Mori wanted to bring Ragna mixed in with Naoto in the new game and created that character.

Though Mori could pull something like Xeno series where aspects of BlazBlue could exist in this new game but is different thus he can bring back some stuff but alter it to be different. So who knows we may get Japanese Mythology aspects but with added stuff?

The plot? Honestly not sure but what from what I could remember from what I heard was that Other Ragna (I am calling him that for now) was injured and Vampire Girl saved him, as they became close. Where she promised to find him, and Other Ragna was stated to be trying to protect her. My guess maybe a vampire group or an organisation? As I wonder Other Ragna has connection to Japanese Mythology, maybe he could be Izanagi's reincarnation?

But then again I could be UTTERLY wrong in every way. So really I am just rambling and thinking of various ideas and thoughts that come into my mind.

Though I wonder if my thoughts on Mori's new game sounds decent since I am probably wrong on some things...Oh well we will see when we get more info.

Bruh, Entropy Effect has a coop mode too. And it turns the final Susanoo fight into a normal BlazBlue match if you get to a certain ending.

I still sorta have contentions with guilty gear scaling as whole, I know there was contention for ap physicals and magic being separate things but Justice's gamma ray is really ap physical thing that would equate to striking strength just a negative output which gets weird with the "justice information density reaching to a galaxy cluster" being put off the side with the tier 1 powers which aren't the same thing. Which doesn't really change anything massively in terms of the high tier if justice was bumped into 4-B for the high tiers, but the low tiers fighting the imitations or even sealed justice would probably drop massively or not even scale at all since sol at his highest physically probably has the only consistency of 4-B if you toss in the blackhole punch feat and let e=mc^2 do it's thing you got two 4-B feats with scaling to striking strength over two 5-A feats that are energy output based in terms of consistency.

I got a question I have been told that Bloodedge Experience Naoto is not the same one as CF Naoto due to them having some differences to each other.

In what way are they not the same? They're clearly the same person with how he's from a reality where he knows Hazama and Relius and Valkenhayn back in the day.

Someone said the reason on how The Naoto in CF experiences many of the same events as the BE one, but there are notable differences. To the knowledge, I was told was that Naoto never met Hazama directly in the novel. Relius did and even got his name.

Where someone said that now know the epilogue of Bloodedge Experience 2 describes their universe to be a set of possibilities in their own loop similar to BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger & Xblaze: Code Embryo.

But from reading what I can find on Bloodedge Experience this may be correct.

Doesn't Relius recognizing him just prove the fact they're one and the same since CF relius does indeed recognize Naoto, but comments on how he was supposed to be dead in his timeline?

I have been told that CF Naoto is different from BE Naoto due to the fact BE Naoto never met Hazama in the Light Novel.

Which made me confused since the during the BE Light Novel it had Rachel appear for a few seconds and looked eyes with Naoto. Also Relius referring to the BB timeline Naoto whose sister became Fifth Prime Field. Also not only that but Valkenhayn was surprised Naoto was alive since he died in the BB timeline. Also CF Naoto pretty much referenced various events of BE in the game when interacting with some people.

I am still amazed and happy that we are getting an actual sequel to Under Night In-Birth. When I saw it was getting a genuine sequel I thought it was a dream (Or rather I thought it was those fake FFVII remake scans years ago) but nope its real.

Man guess UNIB is not forgotten as we thought it was? I can't wait till it comes out.

Man guess UNIB is not forgotten as we thought it was? I can't wait till it comes out.
Yeah, even though French Bread cooked it too long, at least they released a sequel. Currently, I hope they will release Chronicle mode soon since there are a lot of things happening before the event of arcade that I want to know

Yeah, even though French Bread cooked it too long, at least they released a sequel. Currently, I hope they will release Chronicle mode soon since there are a lot of things happening before the event of arcade that I want to know
Yeah true on that since with them release Chronicle Mode it will allow us to see what happened in between the two games and also give some context of many events that would later come. Since I am curious on Hyde and the connection of The Insulator. How Vatista came to be and also maybe see how she developed a close friendship with Hyde. Also Orie and Hyde's friendship growing (Maybe romance??). Not only that but things about Kuon and Linne of their origin (Or more glimpses of it to get a better showing) and so many more stuff.

Also maybe give foreshadowing of events that would happen in the story, like plot points that may occur plus and also tell us what events happened in the first game have occurred. Since as per fighting games some endings are canon or just only one ending is canon (Unlike BlazBlue which every ending is canon in some way due to timeloops and stuff). So really seeing this will be interesting.

@Theglassman12 out of curiosity, what would be the calc for Wagner's "scorching the Earth in a day" statement? I know you said it'd be country level, but I'm curious on the specific results. I remember someone off site getting continental, but that wasn't using the 1 day timeframe

Roughly 12 teratons from what the calc member said.

Btw for future notice, you can’t @ staff members, only staff can do that.

Oh I'm aware, the tag was just included to make it clear who was addressing since I didn't feel like going back to quote the specific post you mentioned the calc

Here's some (mostly) minor ability revisions for Asuka.

Back