• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arc System Works Discussion Thread 2

Theglassman12 said:
yes like BBTAG
What does the corona virus have anything to do with getting Strive? </div>
Nothing just making sure everyone was safe What are your hopes on dark war and the future of BlazBlue?

I mean, we can get the game digitally. So we're all ok.

That it won't be dumbed down to casuals for stupid reasons.

Well any one read the light novels and mangas and played the spin-offs of Blazblue. What are your thoughts after the vents of Ragna's arc at the end of CF?

I and Shiro read the side canon stuff, they're ok, though until CF, not necessary to understand everything.

Quick question for you all, we "see" Tsubaki at the end but she is using Hakuman's Okami instead of the Izayoi. What do you think was going on with that?

She somehow got Hakumen's sword, I assume Hakumen left it behind and she just got it, though I don't know why we're not able to see her.

Wait, wait stop. Nu was sat on the bed and watching at the window with a dead eye like fish but why Nu taking Ragna's sword in the ending?

because Awakening the Chaos is her theme, which is referenced in the end of the credits, and given that Rachel didn't take it and just put her ribbon on the sword, and Nu having a connection to Ragna, It seems like Nu is the only person who'd try to get Ragna's sword.

Theglassman12 said:
because Awakening the Chaos is her theme, which is referenced in the end of the credits, and given that Rachel didn't take it and just put her ribbon on the sword, and Nu having a connection to Ragna, It seems like Nu is the only person who'd try to get Ragna's sword.
Nu doesn't really remember ragna anymore and she is bed ridden being care by Noel and lambeda it was referring to alpha with that a at the end.

Rachel also doesn't remember Ragna anymore yet she was drawn to the sword like it meant something to her. I'm pretty sure the crazy sister obsessed with Ragna would have some vague memory of him.

Theglassman12 said:
Rachel also doesn't remember Ragna anymore yet she was drawn to the sword like it meant something to her. I'm pretty sure the crazy sister obsessed with Ragna would have some vague memory of him.
Altohugh it could be Nu beocming alpha-1 and with a different personality. Though she would probaly move on from Ragna

So speakling most cast members would not be playable for future games. They would proably be replaced by newer cast and with a time skip.

only like, 10 out of the 30+ cast members aren't gonna be playable in the next game. That's not most of the cast members.

Theglassman12 said:
only like, 10 out of the 30+ cast members aren't gonna be playable in the next game. That's not most of the cast members.
Well Mori originally nevered wanted nu and lambda to be revived but they were brought back by fan demanded.

So most of these characters had their arcs completed and also nu with ragna's sowed is from alternative dark war.

I have a feeling these characters won't be playable anymore: Jin won't be playable due to the condition of his body, Noel I don't think so but would join in one or twice but remain on the side line, Kokonoe dunno about her, Valkeryn not sure but if a time skip occurs maybe he got too old and has to retire from fighting?, Kagura again like Kokonoe I am not sure but in the Dark War Alternative he seemed...battle ready and in the ending cutscene of CF he looked pretty alright, Azaeral might be here and there, Lambda would just protect Noel and Nu-13, Nu-13 I think would be somewhat involvd, Makoto and Mai well...those two I am not sure since I have a feeling they would be secondary or minor characters in the new games after CF, Tager and Bullet might have some revelance but my guess again like Makoto and Mai they will hit the minor characters section, Bang...well he would honestly feel more like a teacher role and would help out, and Litchi won't be in since Arkune is gone and my guess Roy's memory is gone...? Not sure since Roy or Arkune was never referenced again after CF.

But the feeling of most imporant are Amane would be a major since his entire thing was a higher being along with Rachel (And Raquel from Naoto's world) those two would be important, Naoto Kurogane since CF was hyping him up to be the next Ragna and that he is connected to Ragna in a scale that he might replace his existance (Rachel mentioned this) and that he is also kinda blood related to him (Since his sister Saya Terumi was the basis of Prime Field 05 and that the 5th Prime Field was Ragna, Jin and Saya's mom) and to top it off he and Raquel (Who is Rachel's alt counterpart) are extisting in a world but its never specified that if its in his reality reborn or in the new reconstructed world that Ragna created since Naoto's world was destroyed. Another important character I feel would be Es and like Naoto she is from a different universe where the Takemegara System was never created and that after the XBlaze series her world was assumed destroyed and that Es shown in the CF was a manifistation of an Azure and herself fused together and might help the main cast now trapped in the new world Ragna created. Finally the next main important main character is Carl Clover after seeing him in the CF ending cutscene it shows an ambigious situation he is in and it also brings thought of what would happen if he meets Relius and since Ada (Carl's sister) is still a robot and it would show more depth in Relius and Carl (Since Mori did mention he had to cut a few things of Relius' arc which would be interesting to see again in the new game).

Those are just my opinions

The next game would proably take the xrd route given that spirites has peaked.

Also Alternative Dark War is set in another timeline and apaprently the prologue of the blazblue series as a whole.

Gamma Venom 567 said:
Also Alternative Dark War is set in another timeline and apaprently the prologue of the blazblue series as a whole.
I guess the Alternative Dark War is in another timeline but WHICH one? Or is it the Dark War of the new world that Ragna created but in a different circomstances?

For example in the new world the Sankishin Units (Amaterasu Unit, Tsukuyomi Unit, and finally the Susano'o Unit) were lost in the boundary and were not found in Japan leaving them out of the new world and my guess something happened that made certain places exist parts of the Hierarchical City were shown and that in the promotional art of the Alternative Dark War showed Kagura, Kokonoe and a few other characters showing certain events happened but differently.

It won't be related to Naoto or Es' world due to massive differences that were shown in their universe.

Shadow-Ragna said:
Gamma Venom 567 said:
I guess the Alternative Dark War is in another timeline but WHICH one? Or is it the Dark War of the new world that Ragna created but in a different circomstances?
For example in the new world the Sankishin Units (Amaterasu Unit, Tsukuyomi Unit, and finally the Susano'o Unit) were lost in the boundary and were not found in Japan leaving them out of the new world and my guess something happened that made certain places exist parts of the Hierarchical City were shown and that in the promotional art of the Alternative Dark War showed Kagura, Kokonoe and a few other characters showing certain events happened but differently.

It won't be related to Naoto or Es' world due to massive differences that were shown in their universe.
Mori described it like being both a spin-off and a prologue to the entire blazblue series so no on Ragna.

Gamma Venom 567 said:
Shadow-Ragna said:
Gamma Venom 567 said:

Mori described it like being both a spin-off and a prologue to the entire blazblue series so no on Ragna.
Of course it will have no Ragna I was just saying since this could be the world that Ragna CREATED after CF the one where he erased his existance so no Ragna.

My guess it might be about the Prime Field War or something new since Mori said this game is another possibility. But if you say that Mori stated that this game is a prologue and a spin off to the entire BlazBlue series then I am curious to see how it is going to be made and how the game tells its story.

Of course it will have no Ragna I was just saying since this could be the world that Ragna CREATED after CF the one where he erased his existance so no Ragna.

My guess it might be about the Prime Field War or something new since Mori said this game is another possibility. But if you say that Mori stated that this game is a prologue and a spin off to the entire BlazBlue series then I am curious to see how it is going to be made and how the game tells its story.

It was an interview from the material collection

Can you guys tone down on quoting large walls of texts? It makes scrolling down the comments a bit more of a hassle than it needs to be. just @ whoever you're talking to and respond, simple as that.

I still can't get over that UI for the matches, they look so......... budget cut like and not Guilty Gear.

I swear its gotta be a place holder. I love how COUNTER pops up on the screen and how everything jumps out at you. But that hud looks worse than Marvel Infinite's hud.

They said it, they haven't shown it. The game was revealed back in early August of last year. It's nearly April and they haven't changed anything. Actions speak louder than words.

Back