• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be funny if the majority of people agreed and she got this. What are the reasons for the other characters? This instance just seems like a theory. Since we're relying on the assumption that others are under her control. But I suppose if the majority agree mods, it is what it is.
But, in narratives characters are controled by the plot tho.......

Actually we are assuming it's not under her control, the plot passively acts on it's own self to protect arale. that's what I have gathered from these arguments.
It would be funny if the majority of people agreed and she got this. What are the reasons for the other characters? This instance just seems like a theory. Since we're relying on the assumption that others are under her control. But I suppose if the majority agree mods, it is what it is.

Could you point out to what posts have to be addressed? The OP looks fine but I haven't had time to investigate the thread properly.

Well, mainly the first post, but there also seems to be some issue with Arale, Beerus, and plot manipulation.

But, in narratives characters are controled by the plot tho.......
Yeah. But it's still an assumption that Arale was controling the plot in that instance.
Actually we are assuming it's not under her control, the plot passively acts on it's own self to protect arale. that's what I have gathered from these arguments.
"the plot passively acts on it's own self to protect arale" this would be the assumption. But let's just get others opinions for now.

I think there was doc here somewhere That had most stuff, and I think it's open? Can't we just put all the abilities that we gathered, dump them there and have the staff evaluate them, without having to scroll the massive wall of texts.
Well, mainly the first post, but there also seems to be some issue with Arale, Beerus, and plot manipulation.
Here is it. I urge anyone who is participating in the thread to pull the abilities in this doc, so can our staff members evaluate them properly. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stefano4444/Arale_Norimaki_(Stefano4444)

Last edited:
@Planck69

As for Beerus resistance to toon force, he was affected by gag effects (comedy effects), when he presumibly was going to Hakai Arale, but suddenly got a stomach ache and needed to go back home quickly to poop.
So he was indeed affected by Toon/comedy effects, making what Goku said a contradiction.

Also, yeah, I also agree with removing Beerus's resistance to "Arale's Toon force".
We've been discussing if Beerus should resist Toonforce or if Arale has passive plot manipulation. From this post down.

Yeah. But it's still an assumption that Arale was controling the plot in that instance
You don't need to control a ability to have it, there are plenty of characters that can trigger an ability just by their presence, and some are not even aware of it.

Could you point out to what posts have to be addressed? The OP looks fine but I haven't had time to investigate the thread properly.
Dont weary
After we are done with everything
Ill make a list of everything for you and other staff members to run through

I'm no expert but wasn't that stomach ache triggered by the most delicious food or whatever?
Yeah, but it's triggered by a comedic effect/ Gag stuff, the way Beerus left the Earth quickly after it, was meant to be funny/ ridiculous. He acted in a Gag way, and ridiculous situation saved Arale from being erased by Beerus. And thus the plot saved Arale in a comedic manner.

That seems like quite the assumption. You realise that humor and toon force are very different things right? I don't see why we're assuming the latter when there's a given somewhat reasonable explanation for his stomach ache, funny as it might be.

I'll see what other staff have to say. This isn't really my forte.

That seems like quite the assumption. You realise that humor and toon force are very different things right? I don't see why we're assuming the latter when there's a given somewhat reasonable explanation for his stomach ache, funny as it might be.
Exactly, and the entire episodie is a Gag. And the protagonist of the episodie was Arale, the way Arale was saved by the plot in a comedic manner proves it. Gag means comedic effects. Gag/Toon is the same, heck we call Arale a Gag character. The explanations are also part of the Gag, Gag entails pretty much ridiculous/absurd/funny things, we can use Gag for sentences, for example.

There are many characters with Passive plot manipulation. You just don't need to be aware of have full control of the ability to have it.

The main issue here is that we are trying to debate if Arale has passive plot manipulation

The point some are trying to argue is that plot manipulation affected Beerus and that the plot essentially acted up on its own in order to save arale from Beerus in comedic fashion no less

The point others are trying to argue is that the plot acting up and affecting Beerus was not INTENTIONALLY arale's doing but rather something seemingly out of her control

(Which could still give her passive plot hax cause many characters have things like plot and fate acting up to save them without the user intentionally doing it or aware of it)

Beerus ate the candy and was fine but SOMEHOW started getting a stomach ache as soon as he targeted Arale
And Arale was SAVED from Beerus by his stomach suddenly acting up and retreating and all in a comedic gag effect/manner

Which ordinarely you wouldnt see this happening like at all

There are two interpretations for this

1. The plot decided to act up in a comedic gag manner in order to protect Arale forcing Beerus to flee. This could be a result of a passive plot manipulation where comedic stuff will just always happen to protect Arale from danger

2. Beerus had indigestion
(though the fact it didnt act immediately and ONLY when beerus targets arale is off putting to say the least not to mention given the SUDDEN comedic nature of beerus reaction and consequent retreat, it leaves room to say that some gag element did had to do with it)

1. The episode featuring a gag character doesn't mean literally every single action is a gag.

2. Coincidence in itself isn't a gag.

3. How the hell did people extrapolate passive plot manipulation from this?

Again, this is different. This is just a joke and Bulma also comments on it how he couldn't digest it. This isn't plot hax

1. The episode featuring a gag character doesn't mean literally every single action is a gag.

2. Coincidence in itself isn't a gag.

3. How the hell did people extrapolate passive plot manipulation from this?
Gag means absurd/ilogical stuff, and is not coincidence, the entire point of Gag thing is ridiculous situations, and the situation was ridiculous itself. Otherwise, you would be giving Beerus resistance to Plot manip, and more crazy Hax that he hasn't shown to resist......

Not every ridiculous situation is a gag. It can be comedic but it takes more than a funny coincidence to count as legitimate toon force or manipulation at work.

It's not even random or illogical. He ate a food that acted up at an inopportune moment. That's really it. We don't label everything funny as a gag when we have no reason to assume so.

Not every ridiculous situation is a gag. It can be comedic but it takes more than a funny coincidence to count as legitimate toon force or manipulation at work.

It's not even random or illogical. He ate a food that acted up at an inopportune moment. That's really it. We don't label everything funny as a gag when we have no reason to assume so.

From Google:

-Gag:

"Comic effect punch in a movie, stage performance, TV show, etc"

Otherwise, you would be giving Beerus resistance to Hax like Plot manip, which is part of Arale's Toon force.

But as we know, Beerus wasn't saved from the plot when he was about to kill Arale. The plot didn't let him to.

Planck69

The plot just acted in a gag manner to save her from a dreadful fate. Not in a serious one. Inducing a stomach ache on Beerus to make Arale avoid danger. Yet I have to see a counter to this. If the OP says that Arale has plot manipulation, then it won't be weird if she could have a passive one.

The plot saved her in a ridiculous manner, that's all. That's why sometimes we say that X characters are saved by plot armour, yet we don't give them outright Passive plot Hax, simply becouse they were saved in a generic/serious manner, but Arale's case is special, she is a Toon character and the writer didn't want her to die, expressing it in a comical way, so that gives her passive defensive plot armour.

Last edited:
Sigh 😩😩.....,nevermind, guess I have to agree with him too, anyways... good debate lads.
Do you still disagree with the Absolute Chad Beerus' Resistance
I'm on Planck side tbh, we should just drop this for now and focus on more important things.
True
  • Senbei's sword has shown being able to cut through space. However, when it interacted with Arale it didn't affect her.
So yall are fine with this resistance, right?

She went from alright to Absoulte Chad Arale : Destroyer of verses

All we have to do is just have the Resistance to ToonForce then people can interpret from there. imo
Yeah I know mate, and I agree with the Toon force resistance for Beerus now (N̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶̶c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶), but I still don't see right, people thinking/interpreting that Beerus resists plot manipulation when he hasn't 😟

She went from alright to Absoulte Chad Arale : Destroyer of verses

All we have to do is just have the Resistance to ToonForce then people can interpret from there. imo
She's getting more haxed, believe it!
Quick question, she was able to exist even when plot itslef doesn't exist, does ot grant anything besides plot resistance?

She's getting more haxed, believe it!
Quick question, she was able to exist even when plot itslef doesn't exist, does ot grant anything besides plot resistance?
One of the abilities ss3micah's is going recommended I'm pretty sure is Type 4 acausality. Due to her doing that and some of the other examples.

One of the abilities ss3micah's is going recommended I'm pretty sure is Type 4 acausality. Due to her doing that and some of the other examples.
Oh , yeah, I'm aware of That.
Aca5 for arale because she exists outside of plot, which houses causality and fate on an aca4 level, and you are going to be convinced because i said so.
but seriously , I thought existence even if plot is destroyed could give some sort of NEP or something like that.

Oh , yeah, I'm aware of That.
Aca5 for arale because she exists outside of plot, which houses causality and fate on an aca4 level, and you are going to be convinced because i said so.
but seriously , I thought existence even if plot is destroyed could give some sort of NEP or something like that.
Idk tbh. But she probably 'exist' just not in the narrative.

Wait, there even more abilities to add?! The profile its already extra thicc for how many things have been added.

Unless those are new abilities, i don't think its necessary to add all instances of Toon Force/Plot Manipulation/Logic Manipulation in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back