• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright. Time for my argument for Zero.

Cracks fingers Here I go:

So, now that we're using X era Zero, he now has access to some of his more deadly hax and abilities, and some of Aquaman's hax will be manageable for Zero.

The advantages that Aquaman's Precognition has should be mostly negated by Zero's Statistic Amplification provided by his Black Armor (passively). Not only that, but the extra parts that he has access to (like in X5, onwards) can make himself even faster. Meaning he should definitely be faster, but NOWHERE close to speedblitzing (more or less like outpacing). This means that now Zero won't be getting one-shot right off the bat (as his Stat Amplification in Zero era isn't passive and it's not in-character for him to activate it right off the bat) even with Aquaman having Precog.

However, here's a game-changing advantage Zero has: his skill. Seriously, defeating Copy X and Omega (who was in possession of Zero's X era body meaning he had ALL OF HIS HAX.) while being a century rusty goes to show that his skill is Legendary and is more than likely superior to that of Aquaman's (in Zero's Prime at least). This + speed advantage due to Stat Amps = Hard time for Aquaman to OHKO Zero.

This all seems a bit equal with an almost unnoticeable edge in Zero's favor, but let's go back to his hax again. He has Elemental Manipulation: Fire, Ice, Electricity, Wind, Soul, Earth, etc. Aquaman resists 2: Fire and Water Manipulation. So, those two are useless. However, he cannot resist Electricity, Wind, Soul, Earth and Ice (which is AZ and negates durability) Manipulations. Sure, Aquaman can resist Electricity with his Arm replacements, but only if the attacks hit the arm replacement. What makes this all deadly is not only his speed advantage and skill advantage, but how he can mix these up: he exerts these manipulations through his Z-Saber (his main weapon and the weapons he's most skilled with), allowing for deadly permutations and combination of moves for unpredictability. And he won't be backing down from that anytime soon considering he has infinite stamina, and Aquaman doesn't.

With all of this said, Zero still has no answer to Fear and Memory Manipulation (as in, he can't resist either). However, this won't exactly dupe Zero's chances of having victory as he still holds the speed advantage due to passive Speed Amps and will allow him to instinctively get away from an attack more often than not. Now, his Genius intelligence would be able to make him forget something that would turn the tides in his favor, but due to no knowledge of Zero and him holding the advantages I listed above, his options with said manipulation are pretty limited. For Fear, he still can't get the hit on Zero due to his passive Statistic Amplification.

Also, him not using his Telepathy to the fullest in-character doesn't mean anything as his Precognition could force him to use it (just in case someone would bring that up).

And lastly, let's not forget Zero's trump card: Dark Hold. Long story short, it stops time completely: something that not only trumps Precognition, but also something Aquaman doesn't resist and literally has NO ANSWER TO. When exactly he would use it is unknown, but it is in-character for him to use, and when he must use it he WILL use it.

Aquaman certainly has his fair share of advantages (AP, intelligence and mind hax), which if used in permutation, can get him wins. But Zero using his superior advantages (flexible elemental hax, passive speed amplifications, superior skill, better mentality and infinite stamina) in combinations will allow him to beat Aquaman more often than not.

With all this reason I have provided, I cast my vote for the robot that doesn't know what he's fighting for the S-Class Maverick Hunter, Zero.

Zero FRA. The AP advantage would make it stompy if it were Superman (600kilofoe, hax resistance and intangibility lolnoping), but here Aquaman doesn't really have any way to counter Zero's hax. Zero's intangibility could easily get around it, as opposed to Supes who lolnopes it (also he's 600 kilofoe with the IMP, which afaik would OHKO Aquaman)

Also, Zero might have intelligence too given he, like Bass iirc, has knowledge implants from Wily. Also would memory/fear manip work? Dark Elf does similar things (Elpizo went insane from DE), and Zero isn't affected by it.

This, and maybe WW is probably the only big-league JLU member Zero could beat since they got upgraded to 600 kilofoe or whatever they're at now.

Problem is Aquaman is likely gonna open with mind hacks. And with precognition to. It makes it even more certain he just mind hacks Zero before Zero can do anything. It was already a likely scenario of Aquaman ending quickly with them. Add in the fact precog would give him a heads up on what's to come. He mind hacks pretty quickly to end the fight. Which do one shot. Speed amps aren't gonna help because Aquaman would Yeet him before he could use them with hacks. The hacks Zero has that could win are simply not as likely. At least. Not to open with. Aquamans though he probably does, and precognition almost gives him s definite reason to open with them. And Aquaman does counter intangibility with mind hacks. It becomes useless if Zero is stuck in a state of fear and pain so bad it makes him want to kill himself like Aquaman has canonically done. Or make him forget. He can't physically attack him when he is like that. But mentally he definitely canz

Dark hold could work sure. But that's very unlikely to be used. That could get him a win. But That's only an unlikely could. Not a gonna happen.

So. Aqua still for me

Would mind hacks work though? Zero can't be mind hacked by people who are >>> Planetary. At the very least it would take time. In the meantime, Zero could hit him with AZ, Soul manip, time manip, transmutation or something else

Aquaman isn't planetary. He is SS. He scales to herald tiers. Did you not see his profile?

And mind hacks have broken through Manhunters and Whit martians mind. As well Superman and Batman. Martian Manhunter admits himself that Aquaman has one of the strongest minds he has seen. So yea. Mind hacks should definitely be able to work

And as I brought up. The better of his hacks Zero most likely doesn't open with. And time hacks he might not even consider before it's too late.

Has he done anything of the sort with machines, however? I could understand the argument if it were say, Ultron, but Zero isn't an organic being.

BruceTheBatman said:
Has he done anything of the sort with machines, however? I could understand the argument if it were say, Ultron, but Zero isn't an organic being.
Yes. He has done it to AI before. Not organic beings. His Mind hacks aren't limited by organic from our understanding.

Even so, Zero is still resistant to very casual planetary mindhax (on a planet where robots greatly outnumber humans as well). At the very least he could resist it for some time before getting put under control, during which he could stop time, freeze aquaman, turn him into an E-Crystal, use soul manip, or something else.

Given how many attacks both have, I find it unlikely Aquaman will go straight to mind-hax every time. If he knows his enemy is dangerous from pre-cog, he may also go for something to kill Zero outright with, like a tidal wave or a storm. At least not as likely as Zero going for insta-kill hax, which is most of it on his page

He isn't planetary. He is SS. That several leagues above. And he mind hacks some of the stronger Mind based characters. So we can't assume he could fight back on that. That's like saying I took a planet level hit casually. So I should be able to handle a SS level one. That's multiple leagues up. Not a chance. Same here. Casually fighting back a planetary foesnt justify going against someone who's mind hacks can beat SS levels, and the people know relatively for their mind powers. For reference on how far fetched that is

Large planet < Dwarf star < Small Star < Star < Large star < Solar system

And remember that since he scales to Superman. That's a giant level into the SS. So he is facing people stronger than Zero. But a lot. Casually resisting a planet level doesn't even remotely stack up to SS.

And Aquaman was very mind attack like. That's why he has so many hacks. Making people commit suicide, erasing memories, de evolving people, breaking peoples minds, Ect. It's something he very likely does. Not saying he does it 10 out of 10 times. It's just his main Go to. And win precognition giving him warning I nwhat Zero is about to do, it likely makes the few times he doesn't open with it, resort to mind hacks even faster

Then this is a stomp if he opens with it the majority of the time and, since has pre-cog to know of danger, he'll just go for it immediately either way, and Zero has no counter for it.

That just worsens it. If there want a good 9/10 times Aquaman immediately mind crushing. A blood lust is mind hacks every time.

Point taken, but this fight is a stomp regardless since Aquaman has something Zero has no counter or resistance to that he opens up with almost every time and when he knows his opponent could kill him he'll just off Zero with TP

Woah. Something woke me up. So here I am again.

• reads through the thread* Well, shit. All that effort I put and the changes made were all for nothing. It's still a stomp. What the actual ****.
Also, Aquaman's AOE with his Mind Hax is Planetary. So he's pretty ******. :(

Welp, gonna go try to hit the hay again while I cry as my favorite hero in fiction just got stomped. Bye T_T

That's a ridiculous thing to equalize though

If AP was equal. Batman could start going and killing high tiers like Bomberman cause of skil and experience.

It would still be debatable. Also It isnt stupid at all because we could see very similar characters fighing each other, but they actually cant because of tier.

AP is quite relative to begin with, you can't really measure a fictional character's power as if he were real. No wonder Superman is seen as universe busting in many wikis and elsewhere as just SS level. We see characters here treated as universe level but have already died for things like gunshots, arrows or rocks falling on them. To say that bomberman would kill batman with a punch is a little weird to imagine since he's already died for things much smaller than 3-B. You might call this an "outlier", but it's just an excuse used to make tier calculation easier. Not to mention that "Speed Equal" is something I just see happening here too and many sites like comic vines don't take AP literally.

Back