• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Applying Low Godly regen to the Triforce of Power and by extension the Triforce.

I remember there was a thread that said "Low Godly regen was argued to not be due to the triforce." I want to debunk that statement by showing you all the scene from twilight princess where Ganondorf was only able to survive thanks to Triforce of power.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYggDnaJgY

Skip to 2:09 and watch the rest Ganondorf was clearly shown to be revived by the Triforce of power, he dies, Top appears on the back of his hand, twitch of fingers and than comes back to life.

Screenshot 20190828 151006 com.google.android.youtube
Screenshot 20190828 151026 com.google.android.youtube
Also most importantly even the conversation between the sages talk how the Triforce of power appearing and saving Ganondorf was some kind of Divine joke.

Original argument comes from this "the argument originally came because after fighting puppet Zelda, Ganondorf's soul regathered and he then was fine, if I am not mistaken. I mean this moment: https://youtu.be/gLd5F46OV2g?t=8734" TartaChocholate thanks for the info.

We can see Ganondorf's soul coming back after this, but the thing is, at this point Ganondorf had the ToP so it can be argued that it was the doing of the ToP that restored him.

In my conclusion ToP, triforce and everyone affected by it should have it.

TartaChocholate said:
Neatto, though I'd add the original scene as well so people who didn't catch on the previous debate know what is about.
Thanks but what do you mean original scene super tired so my brain is working slowly lol?

Hmm... while it seems good to go, should we wait for the input from and admin or similar just to make sure it's alright to add it?

Staff input would be necessary I think, giving quite a few profiles such powerful regen would need input like that. Anyway I agree with this, he was gonna straight up die of his wounds without regenerating before the Triforce of Power saved him. And in case anyone might argue that Ganon showed natural Low-Godly regen in Breath of the Wild thats only natural to his Calamity Ganon incarnation as he doesn't normally possess "Malice" (Which is the source of his regen) like he does in BOTW, another argument that could be made against this is that Link was under constant threat of dying in Adventure of Link despite having the Triforce of Power but keep in mind this was before it was established in the series that the ToP even granted Type 1 Immortality.

Link under the constant threat of dying could also be attuned to Ganon's minions having regen negation tools of their own, it's not farfetched since they're literally preparing for the ritual to revive Ganon.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before, and I think it was generally agreed that only Ganondorf having Regenerationn on that level with Triforce of Power was applicable. Link Has had the Triforce of Power and even the Complete Triforce of power all throughout Adventure of Link, and does not have Regenerationn on that level. Pretty much the plot was after Link is killed, they mix his blood with Ganon's ashes to revive him. Which, if he had Low-Godly Regenerationn, he wouldn't be able to die in that game at all.

You can ask Cal, but I'm sure he might say the same thing.

IMO if Low Godly doesn't get accepted, I can see Link's regen as being something like (Low-Mid, higher with the Triforce of Power). Because the TOP does noticeably amp Ganondorf's regen.

Adventure of link can not be used as a basis for any arguments because one important things is that "Adventure of Link despite having the Triforce of Power but keep in mind this was before it was established in the series that the ToP even granted Type 1 Immortality." Dust Collector

All of the current abilities of the Triforce were added After the adventure of Link if we go by that logic no characters should have any of these abilities shown here because in the Adventure of Link they were not present you see what I mean?

Also it was brought up before but the CRT derailed and forcefully closed and in that same thread with no actual proof some people said that the ToP never displayed that type of power which is clearly proven wrong here.

The case of the Triforce of Power is actually kind of reverse retcon adding lore as the series goes instead of removing some.

11 yes(Dust Collector, TartaChocholate, GiverOfThePeace, Lgamer099 99, Sixo Bullet, Stalker Maggot, HyperNepsy, SoViewtiful, Warren Valion, PlozAlcachaz, Me.)

1 no(But kind of debunked)

GiverOfThePeace said:
Again, why are we assuming the moblins that prepared for this didn't have the means to have Regenerationn negating weaponry?
Don't k ow but it's still possible I just prefer that it's just because over the years Nintendo has been adding new lore to the Zelda universe and its not surprising with how big the Zelda verse is.

Someone should apply low godly regen since I'm pretty sure we all agree but still gonna wait on DDM a bit to prove is wrong I already contacted Cal but he seem to have disappeared Triforceofpower1 too we can wait for this thread to go necro and this is a change I would like to make asap since other people are waiting to do match ups.

But yeah let's wait on all 3 of them they are pretty busy people after all and it wouldn't be fair.

I agree that it's the Triforce of Power that gives Ganondorf Low-Godly, (or at least makes it combat applicable), but I'm neutral on other characters that had the ToP to get Low-Godly, as it's possible the ToP simply enhanced Ganondorf's natural regen. After all, Link didn't seem to have Low-Godly in Zelda II, (and no, it's not been retconnected as it's repeated in HH).

TriforcePower1 said:
I agree that it's the Triforce of Power that gives Ganondorf Low-Godly, (or at least makes it combat applicable), but I'm neutral on other characters that had the ToP to get Low-Godly, as it's possible the ToP simply enhanced Ganondorf's natural regen. After all, Link didn't seem to have Low-Godly in Zelda II, (and no, it's not been retconnected as it's repeated in HH).
But Ganondorf only shown that kind of regen in Botw and that's all if I remember correctly and the ToP itself its said in lore that it boost everything all attributes of a person to phenomenal levels the full Triforce not having that kind of ability to have low godly kind of goes against every thing we know since the smaller pieces of triforces gets all their abilities from the bigger.

I think we can all reach a deal and give SS Link, Composite Link and ALBW and ALTTP Link low godly regen but no else (like Cia) and the reason why Link never really show this ability is because one in Zelda 2 Link gained the full triforce after that they (link and Zelda) kiss and the game abruptly ends, how to show any of the abilities if the game ends right?

Next Zelda 2 Triforce pieces or the full one for that matter didn't SHOW Any of the abilities that the Triforce (or pieces) currently shows now at all, over the years Nintendo expended the lore of the Loz universe and added stuff back than the master sword wasn't even a thing hell in Skyward sword and a link to the past the origin of the master sword clash horribly with each other.

So again Ganondorf being able to have low godly is only due by the fact that he as weilded it the most and that's it, but the games and HH clearly states that it's an inherent ability the Triforce of Power have and by extension the Triforce itself.

GiverOfThePeace said:
I'm kind of curious now, where does it say Link holds the triofrce of powewr and wisdom during his journey in zelda 2?
His quest in Zelda II is to find the "secret" Triforce of Courage and reunite the entire Triforce to awaken Zelda from her slumber.

Although I don't remember if he carried the pieces on his person or if he absorbed them into his body - because there is a difference.

It's basically the entire plot of AoL that you have the two Triforce pieces from Zelda I and you're going to take the third one to complete the Triforce.

TriforcePower1 said:
It's basically the entire plot of AoL that you have the two Triforce pieces from Zelda I and you're going to take the third one to complete the Triforce.
I see but it stiill does not change the fact that any of the Triforce pieces that you wield didn't show any of the abilities that they are shown to have later on tho :/

Goddess Nayru's power, including amplified Magical power, Divine wisdom, Healing, Telepathy, Precognition, and Shapeshifting | Grants the wielder a small portion of the Goddess Din's power, including immensely amplified Magical power, Invulnerability to most forms of attack, Immortality (Types 1 and 2) and Dramatically increased physical might |

I mean look at these. Link doesn't shapeshift and guys remember immortality type 1? It wasn't a thing back then plus invulnerability???? Link isn't even supposed to get damaged you see what I mean low godly and everything else was added later AFTER the game was done and even if it was there Link would have been literally unkillable and the game unplayable and the story worthless.

So yeah game mechanics I mean in that same game we are fighting Dark Link and he doesn't show any of the abilities shown above and Ganon in Botw is the first time we even see him trying to regen like that and it was very situational.

TriforcePower1 said:
No, the entire plot of AoL is that you need to find the 3rd triforce piece, literally nothing I remember nor recall in the game states you have the triforce of wisdom or power with you on this journey absorbed inside of you, hell the ending of the game says otherwise.

Anyway can we put low godly regen there is more people That agrees that low godly comes from the ToP so all links and composite should have it and feels like the stuff of Ganondorf seems base more on assumptions.

We don't accept changes based on popularity, staff input is needed. And yes, Triforce of Power and better yet Complete Triforce does indeed enhanced Ganondorf's Regenerationn, but it's not assumed that Link will have all of Ganon's abilities just because he has the Triforce of Power. Link isn't considered Immortal for similar reasons also. And yes, the entire plot of AoL is that he needed the Complete Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda and that was the reason AoL Link was upgraded to scale from his first game key when he initially was just scaled from Volvagia. Anyway, we still need to ask Cal Howard.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We don't accept changes based on popularity, staff input is needed. And yes, Triforce of Power and better yet Complete Triforce does indeed enhanced Ganondorf's Regenerationn, but it's not assumed that Link will have all of Ganon's abilities just because he has the Triforce of Power. Link isn't considered Immortal for similar reasons also. And yes, the entire plot of AoL is that he needed the Complete Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda and that was the reason AoL Link was upgraded to scale from his first game key when he initially was just scaled from Volvagia. Anyway, we still need to ask Cal Howard.
It had nothing to do with popularity people agreed because it made sense Ganondorf until Botw had never shown that kind of regenerating ability and please show me somewhere which states that the ToP enhanced Ganondorf already existing regen ability or show a scan at least because this seems like a lot of assumptions.

I never said that Link will gain Ganondorf abilities Twilight P. Clearly shows that regen comes from the ToP and nothing else even the sages confirms this, yes I do understand how the plot goes but you all need to remember all of the ToP ABILITIES WHERE ADDED AFTER the adventure of links so far none of you have proven anything where was Ganon original regenerating ability before Botw.

Hell by this logic Top should also stack up with Links items regen ability just like Ganon than because the ToP augment everything the person has from powers to items (like the master sword) to other things too.

I mean the Triforce of Courage wasn't even a thing before The adventure of Link despite in that past game the Triforce was actually just the piece of wisdom and power.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
And yes, Triforce of Power and better yet Complete Triforce does indeed enhanced Ganondorf's Regenerationn, but it's not assumed that Link will have all of Ganon's abilities just because he has the Triforce of Power. Link isn't considered Immortal for similar reasons also. And yes, the entire plot of AoL is that he needed the Complete Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda and that was the reason AoL Link was upgraded to scale from his first game key when he initially was just scaled from Volvagia. Anyway, we still need to ask Cal Howard.
Link's shown to be able to do the same things as Ganon can do with the complete triforce, my point is why does he have the ToP and ToW absorbed inside of him during AoL when the most we see is that he only gains the triforce of courage and uses the other 2 triforce pieces when he returns back to Zelda. In all honesty the second key of AoL Link should be removed it's a massive assumption that he just happens to have the ToP and ToW on his journey when that's never stated nor implied and the ending moreso implies the ToP and ToW are stationed back at Zelda's castle. Even via lore books it's stated that the triforce of wisdom is wwhat maintains peace and tranquility to Hyrule so why would Link ever keep it and not return it to Hyrule?

Peace is right, Link could have left the Triforce of Wisdom and Power in the castle for safe keeping until he could find the last piece and break the curse.

Not to mention, nothing states that he absorbed the two Triforce pieces into his own body, just being in the possession of the Triforce piece doesn't mean anything, you need it absorbed into you to get the amp.

I actually looked into it, not only does the manual and hyrule historia not say anything about him having it, heck the manual just says he leaves with his magical sword and magical shield. But HE literally states both pieces are recovered by Hyrule.

Screenshot 20190805-140716 Chrome

Back