• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ape fights Ape: Chimp vs Gorilla

This is a good match, well, the Gorilla is much stronger, but it's not the type of animal to go all out from the start. Chimp's though are more agile, they got airborne advantage on the trees, and are much smarter though. Chimpanzees are arguably smarter than most humans when it comes to stealth and prank tactics. I'm going to leans towards the Chimpanzees; they can come up with some really clever traps to pull off.

I think 4 chimps might be too much for the gorilla to take, as chimps tend to be much more aggressive than gorillas, and their cooperation would help them overwhelm the gorilla faster than it could defend itself.

Kiryu2012 said:
I think 4 chimps might be too much for the gorilla to take, as chimps tend to be much more aggressive than gorillas, and their cooperation would help them overwhelm the gorilla faster than it could defend itself.
One punch from the gorilla and one of the chimps is knocked out, has a few broken bones or outright dies tho. Strength advantage is the gorilla's greatest deal here.

Chimps are far more aggressive and might try to rip the Gorilla's face off. All of the combatants are male, right? 4 male chimps could easily take down a female Gorilla, but with an adult male they would have more trouble

To be honest I expect the chimps to win if they are experienced, since even if the gorilla is indeed very angry and goes oturight to the kill, the chimps are more agile and might tire the gorilla out while pelting him with stones and stuff, finishing him off with a combined attack. Now, if they aren't experienced, they might try ganging up to him all at the same time at once. If they try to do so, the gorilla 4-punch them unless they get a lucky bite/attack.

Voting for chimps.

Depends if the Gorilla is a lowland or highland Gorilla.

4 chimps vs a Gorilla isn't necessarily fair though.

the Chimpanzees are probably going to look weak, so the gorilla wont attack them (its the mindset of gorilla's),

even if its angry, as the king of the jungle, no matter what he does, he cannot destroy or harm the weak

Yeah, a single gorilla would stomp, but I do think 4 Chimps are fast and probably intelligent enough to make up for it.

Back