• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ao's avatar revision (D&D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Why Ao'avatar is 4-A for having a robe that contains millions of stars?

The statement specifies that he is 12 feet tall, so unless there is some context i'm missing, those are obviously not actual stars, but the pattern of his dress.

He should be downgraded to whatever his next best feat/the next best feat he scales from is.

Upon reading his section, I realized something: his High 2-A key feat refers to being above any and all deities, when that's actually explicitly under his 'Ao's Avatar' information section in that book.

His Avatar needs upgraded to High 2-A since it's the avatar that can casually strip even Greater Deities of their power. The sentence preceeding it even leads in with discussing his avatar explicitly ("Theoretically, Ao's avatar can do anything"), then proceeds to detail examples of powers he has.

His avatar's next best feat is actually what his True Form key is, I'm realizing upon examining the evidence more thoroughly.

Deities aren't high 2-A tho, his high 2-A feat is transcending them.

Although honestly if even his avatar is above any other deity, i don't know if he should have a key for that to begin with, it looks more like he's simply getting a body instead of using an avatar that limits his powers.

@Andy

You don't know how often this happened

One day you'll try to downgrade someone to 10-B, but he'll end up 1-A instead

The statement seems good enough but of course, someone actually knowledgeable on the verse would have to approve the scaling

I'm one of like, 4 D&D guys on-site who consistently participate that's good enough right

I'll ask Qaw to go ahead and hop in this thread whenever he's available

Yeah he shouldn't be 4-A. Either remove the key or change it to "At least 2-A" like with the LOP.

Actually wait Overgods are beyond the laws of the multiverse, which does imply transcendence in some fashion. So probably "At least 2-A | High 2-A" works.

Does someone want to edit that then, his profile is locked and I just tried to do so and.....well that's obviously a no-go.

this downgrade thread is weird for me purely because we're in a world where space can be compressed to the point where infinity is a marble but alright

I'm cool with changing his avatar to 2-A but depowering the gods is more hax than anything

Works for me.

Again, is there anything implying that the avatar is weaker in any way instead of simply being a physical manifestation?

Because it really doesn't seem like it's something that needs a key, also because being completely beyond the other gods does imply that the power is the same and it's a "Ao creates a body" situation rather than having some sort of limitations.

So should I unlock the page now, or do you need more input first?

I mean. You didn't need to, but yeah, feel free to outright remove the key since Ao's avatar seems to be a special case. I've got no problem with that particular line of reasoning.

Crazy that while every D&D CRT sets out to do a thing it always becomes something else about twenty messages in.

It is edited, feel free to lock.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this?

Nothing else, since this CRT was purely to address his avatar's tier. I'll close the thread, thanks for the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back