• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another simple Yhwach CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lied, this won't be simple at all, rather I expect it to be pretty controversial.

Essentially, I'm proposing that Yhwach gets one of the following;
The reasoning itself is rather simple really, Ichibe cut Yhwach's name in half, turning it into "Yhw", Yhwach himself then restored his name and power.

Note that Yhwach specifically states that he can restore his name and power
vHxuyei.jpeg
Just to make sure I checked the raws;
LFon6wH.png
Starting from the top left panel with Ichibe
今(いま)迄(まで)と同(がな)じ名(な)を半(はん)分(ぶん)に斬(き)る刃(は)か?

だがもう一知(し)っていよう一半(はん)分(んぶ)に斬(き)った名(な)も力(ちから)も私(わたし)は自(じ)身(しん)の力(らから)で元(もと)に戻(もと)す事(こと)ができると!

Is it the same blade that cuts names in half as before?

But you should know by now... that I can restore both the name and power you cut in half with my own power!
If people are trying to verify this with an online translator but having trouble, remove the Furigana so it will look like this;

今迄と同じ名を半分に斬る刃か?

だがもう知っていよう半分に斬った名も力も私は自身の力で元に戻す事ができると!

It'll be a bit different and illegible at points but generally the same.
For Yhwach to restore his name, he'd need Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 to do so, afterall, Ichibe himself gets CM Type 2 for being able to manipulate names.

If accepted, it would look something like the following on his profile;
Possibly Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2. Yhwach was able to restore his own name after Ichibe had cut it with Ichimonji)
PS. I forgot to mention this, but whenever Ichibe messes with someones name he refers to them as their new name, for example, when he cut Yhwach in half he referred to him as "Yhw", but after Yhwach restores his name and power Ichibe begins to refer to him as "Yhwach" again instead of "Yhw", just a small thing to note, doesn't change much overall.

Now to preemptively counter a potential counter to this;

"Yhwach needed The Almighty to nullify Ichibe's ink and didn't just give his own name back without it"

This is true, however, the important thing to note about this instance is that Ichibe's ink takes away the entire name and all the power and abilities of anything it touches, so Yhwach would have lost his ability to restore his name when he was covered with Ichibe's ink.
Is this where my streak of accepted Bleach CRT's end?

Last edited:
I agree.

On one of the panels Ichibei paints Yhwach's speech bubble when he goes to summon his sword, wouldn't that give resistance to text manipulation?

I agree.

On one of the panels Ichibei paints Yhwach's speech bubble when he goes to summon his sword, wouldn't that give resistance to text manipulation?
Yhwach himself doesn't really resist that though, otherwise the speech bubble wouldn't be painted over right?

Not really sure how resisting text manipulation works though to be fair.

Yhwach himself doesn't really resist that though, otherwise the speech bubble wouldn't be painted over right?

Not really sure how resisting text manipulation works though to be fair.
I say this because he manages to release his sword, although this happened after he awakened the Almighty. Maybe it's just a feat for the almighty

really well formatted, good proof even got the raws. Overall an amazing CRT, Agree with the full rating.

If the general consensus is to remove the possibly, I won't object, but it's there for those that aren't entirely convinced I suppose.

This is even more consistent than pointed out as Ichibē makes a special note that despite his efforts to nerf Yhwach to half so that he "wants Yhwach to save face so that he doesn't beat the head of the Quincy at their strongest" (granted that exact statement is definitely the exaggerated swagger of a jovial monk) he can't.
Ichibē can't use his name manipulation on Yhwach in the instance he takes away his ability to speak, and when he cuts his arm in half too. So consistent all around, and I agree with a full rating.

With almighty that could be the case. He resisted himself being turned into a ant and being erased
Except that we aren't talking about Yhwach with The Almighty, as he already have it, we are talking about base Yhwach that was fighting against Ichibei without The Almighty, u can check the scan of Yhwach stating that can restore his name and power in the chapter 108

Damage raises a good point with his latest post. I think we should put Limited Concept Manipulation (Type 2) since he has only shown a single application of it and only for restoring his concept/name.
Doesn't the justification I wrote already acknowledge that though?
Conceptual Manipulation (Type 2. Yhwach was able to restore his own name after Ichibe had cut it with Ichimonji)
Though, I guess if it's really necessary, a limited can be added to further emphasize that it only applies to himself.

It does but I felt it was best to be safe just in case. I think we’d all rather not have to deal with people believing Yhwach can mess with people’s concepts.

Now that I think, shouldn't it also be noted somehow that it was because Ichibei just took half of his name and power? we can't be sure that Yhwach can restore it if it was totally of his name and power, that's a thing to The Almighty

"we can't be sure that Yhwach can restore it if it was totally of his name and power, that's a thing to The Almighty"
Oh, I was saying that Yhwach couldn't restore his name and power if Ichibei choose to take 100% of it, as Ichibei said that only took half, but he could take all of it if he wanted to, we have no proof that Yhwach can be safe from having his name and power being 100% taken, only with The Almighty, which gives him resistance to it

Oh, I was saying that Yhwach couldn't restore his name and power if Ichibei choose to take 100% of it, as Ichibei said that only took half, but he could take all of it if he wanted to, we have no proof that Yhwach can be safe from having his name and power being 100% taken, only with The Almighty, which gives him resistance to it
Both would be concept manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back