• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I love both verses (and apparently have a thing for verses with The Hunter as the protagonist).

The Hunter (Enter the Gungeon) vs The Hunter (Monster Hunter). Nothing restricted. Speed equalized (especially since I need to make it clear that EtG Hunter has Supersonic reactions but haven't gotten around to it).

They both have all of their abilities, obviously. Fight takes place within the Keep of the Lead Lord (Gungeon floor), no Bullet Kin or anything are around.

please don't let this be a stomp

To be sure. AP wise, Gungeon Hunter scales to 13.0 Tons of TNT, Monster Hunter scales to 20.2 Tons.

Who wins and why?

Gungeon!Hunter: 1 (Sigurd)

Monster!Hunter: 1 (Reinhard)

"Hunter"

boye

So many Hunters..... Redux of Gungeon Hunter and BB Hunter when?

What's Gungeon's first move anyway? Also he probably can't bypass type 8 but he can do something like destroying the place if he's Bloodlusted.

RPG characters aren't really defined.and they'd likely start with a random attack with reason.

As Sigurd says. Game characters generally go with player choice for opening move.

I will say, that makes it INCREDIBLY unlikely to open with the Black Hole gun.

Yeah, btw if her Immortality is biological based because it looks like it is some sort of biological cloning, it might get nulled.

Not... really. She just has a clone laying around. Only one.

No it genuinely is one time use IIRC. Haven't checked in a long time but it essentially gives you one extra chance at life.

I asked Kaltias to comment, they'll be here after their exam.

hopefully

Their Immortality is reliant on the Gungeon itself. They have Type 6 from the Clone. Type 8 through the Gungeon.

Incap. Incap is a thing.

Oh yeah, it's in character to study her using sleep. And probably get her out of the dungeon or something if he can. Or if he can't he calls scolars to probably dissect her over and over again. It may even be his first decision in fact.

EtG Hunter can't leave the Gungeon iirc. People who enter it are doomed to remain there.

And yeah she doesn't have a set character so she'll start with random stuff

As Kalt says. The Gungeon sorta passively keeps people there largely via Timehax.

Neither have a set character. Both are RPG characters just as likely to use any singular ability in their arsenal.

While MH is also like that, you can get an idea of what he will do based on the recommendation of the game. While killing your enemies, spill then strangle them with their guts, dissect them and turn them to flesh armor is really really cool, guild and the game actually recommend you to capture them rather than kill them. It has lot more loot and lot more money. While enemies that are well studied is likely get killed, he doesn't know what Gungeon can do so sleep is better option to him.

Technically the Guild does suggest it, so I'll just leave it like that, I guess.

Note that capturing includes any of a few methods, including sleep, paralysis, and pitfall traps (after severely weakening an opponent, though sleep and paralysis may occur through other means earlier, including a knife being launched or passively through weapon strikes).

Anyway the main stuff that EtG Hunter has here (meaning that it's an added effect to whatever she does):

Passively slow time while standing still (basically ultra enhanced reactions) and has spammable teleportation that works extremely well alongside it.

All her attacks have a chance to freeze/ignite/poison/transmutate (and I think devolve) MH Hunter.

Time rewind based type 8

Palicoes should be able to surprise Gungeon as they attack from underground. And MH needs just one or two tranquilizer shots. He'll likely use that opportunity. Palicoes attacks seperately from the MH.

Hunter resists all of it except devolve if it's not biological based.

I believe the bullet effects are random, though, no?

I think that Devolve is biology based?

I mean I have no idea how i'm supposed to call it so I called it biological manipulation lol

The Devolver bullets cause enemies to become simpler (ergo easier to fight) versions of enemies. I'm not sure how that would work to be honest. The Ammonomicon entry isn't very specific.

@Bambu

Yes. It's just an added chance to whatever she decides to use.

The chances go up with certain guns (transmutation becomes like 30% with the magical sniper rifle)

Also I forgot, but she automatically triggers Blanks if hit, so there is that as well

That's true. Blanks, for reference, destroy bullets that hit them. I don't believe it affects anything else, however- for example, the Gun Reaper things' scythes don't disappear if struck.

So that would neg attacks from ranged weapons for at least awhile.

He can put her to sleep even in close though. Also paralysis can do far away by Palicoes because of the Palico Gadget and Gajalakas.

Bump

so

bump again

is that a vote and if so for which one

if you're bumping and you know it clap your hands

clap clap

Back