• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be talking about only six things:

• The first is basically Non-Physical Interaction and Limited Elemental Negation for Akainu
Reasoning: My first evidence is from our dearly departed Qliphoth Bacikal who translated this for me a few months ago. Basically a translation of the Ace vs Akainu thing. Akainu stated that his magma can burn up fire, which is further supported by the fact that Ace, a man who is literally pure fire, was burn. Not to mention how quickly Ace was overpowered, the same person he could match evenly with Aokiji. So similar reason to Marco being able to harm Prometheus

EDIT: It is also similar to that of the Amaterasu from Naruto in terms of burning fire and overpowering it

As for the Limited Elemental Negation, no where in the scene was shown that Akainu has bypass Ace’s Intangibility with Haki. All he mention is that of his magma being able to burn even fire. So this is similar reason to that of Luffy who could bypass Enel’s Intangibility with his rubber body.

• The second is Limited Non-Physical Interaction for Luffy
Reasoning: Basically that Luffy was able to kick and divert a bolt of lightning with his feet

• The third is Acrobatics for Apoo
Reasoning: Basically these. He was able to flip several times in the air before landing

• The fourth is Resistance to Animal Manipulation for Zoan Users
Reasoning: Tama’s dango, which can work on SMILE users, who are half human and half animal, and real animals, does not work on Zoan users

• The fifth ability is Creation and Telekinesis for Kaido's Flame Cloud
Reasoning: Kaido could create flame clouds to levitate an island like Onigashima

• The last and final ability is Limited Durability Negation for Zoro
Reasoning: Can cause wounds caused by Flying Dragon Blaze to set ablaze and burn opponents from the inside

So… what do you guys think? Yes? No? Maybe?

EDIT:
  • Another ability that I have been told of is Limited Durability Negation against swords for Ryuma
Reasoning: Via this

Last edited:
The fourth is Resistance to Animal Manipulation/Mind Manipulation for Zoan Users

Isn't that just a limitation of Tama's powers, not a resistance possessed by normal Zoan users?

It stands to reason since Smiles aren't actually Zoans themselves and are made from animal DNA, that an ability that works on animals primarily could affects Smile users without affecting Zoan users who can transform their bodies but aren't actually part-animal.

To put it another way; if a character had the ability to mind control all men exclusively, we wouldn't give female characters "Resistance to Mind Manipulation".

Isn't that just a limitation of Tama's powers, not a resistance possessed by normal Zoan users?

It stands to reason since Smiles aren't actually Zoans themselves and are made from animal DNA, that an ability that works on animals primarily could affects Smile users without affecting Zoan users who can transform their bodies but aren't actually part-animal.

To put it another way; if a character had the ability to mind control all men exclusively, we wouldn't give female characters "Resistance to Mind Manipulation".
Not necessarily imo. Zoan Devil Fruits turn the user into hybrid and full version of the real animals they are based on just like the other types Devil Fruit, like how Luffy’s physiology is changed to rubber due to his fruit and Enel is essentially a living breathing lightning bolt due to his fruit.

As for that last part, that doesn’t exactly work given if it is a ability that affect men alone, it would a flaw of the ability itself that female aren’t affected as it work on men for whatever reason. Tama’s Devil Fruit is different since it affects animals in general, not discriminate between male and female like your example.

How is the other abilities btw.

agree with this, the rest seems okay although the scans for luffy own is a bit unclear

What does the sword breaking technique do that would qualify it for durability negation? From the scans shown, it just seems to be wearing down the swords through skillful, yet ultimately normal, means, not ignoring their durability.

What does the sword breaking technique do that would qualify it for durability negation? From the scans shown, it just seems to be wearing down the swords through skillful, yet ultimately normal, means, not ignoring their durability.
the guy's AP is 7-C while the sword has at least 6-C durability

Seems fine then.
I think the fact that we classify Zoan fruit users as humans, and not human-animal hybrids should already indicate that abilities that target “animals” wouldn’t work on them, but if people are worried there might be confusion over that then adding resistance to animal manipulation wouldn’t hurt. So I’m neutral on that part (though against resistance to mind manip)
I agree with everything else.

Seems fine then.
I think the fact that we classify Zoan fruit users as humans, and not human-animal hybrids should already indicate that abilities that target “animals” wouldn’t work on them, but if people are worried there might be confusion over that then adding resistance to animal manipulation wouldn’t hurt. So I’m neutral on that part (though against resistance to mind manip)
I agree with everything else.
They are considered humans in their… well human form. When they transformed, they should be considered animals (Full) or hyrbid of animal and human (Hybrid Form).

Don’t worry I remove the Mind Manipulation part

They are considered humans in their… well human form. When they transformed, they should be considered animals (Full) or hyrbid of animal and human (Hybrid Form).

They only have the forms of animals, not the minds.

I guess there's not really any harm in mentioning it on their profiles but it seems a tad unnecessary to me.

I agree with everything so far, except the Zoan thing. Still up in the air on that, though I'm leaning toward agreeing with the OP.

Yeah. The Smile body parts typically act independently of them with actual living conscious animals sticking out of them.
True, although I might be misremembering but aren't there smile users who don't function that way but are still effected by the kibi dango?

We also have Maria who seems to have a separate consciousness in her Zoan form for her animal yet assumingly she would be immune as well to the kibi dango.

We also have Maria who seems to have a separate consciousness in her Zoan form for her animal yet assumingly she would be immune as well to the kibi dango.

No way of knowing for certain. Black Maria's DF is a bit weird.

What do you think of limited pressure points for Zoro's Ashura? the Databook implies that it directs all sword attacks to the opponent's vital points.

What do you think of limited pressure points for Zoro's Ashura? the Databook implies that it directs all sword attacks to the opponent's vital points.

Makes sense, although unsure about it being only limited.

Last edited:

I guess so. From what I seen with Garou, targeting vital points does qualify as Pressure Points

I am neutral on the Zoan's additions, from the points above. I think the others things can work.

Uh, apologies for potentially being stupid but...lightning's not non physical.

Like, it's plasma. Sure, kicking it away is pretty weird but I don't think NPI applies at all here.

Otherwise these sound fine to me.

Uh, apologies for potentially being stupid but...lightning's not non physical.

Like, it's plasma. Sure, kicking it away is pretty weird but I don't think NPI applies at all here.

Otherwise these sound fine to me.
i agree with this i already said it was weird

Reasoning: Basically these. He was able to flip several times in the air before landing
I cannot see the images in those links. Otherwise everything looks fine to me and I would support resistance to animal manipulation for true zoan users, however I am less sure about Awakened Zoans as they have literally lost their human selves to their beasts. A possible exception for them seems appropiate or at least worth discussing.

I cannot see the images in those links. Otherwise everything looks fine to me and I would support resistance to animal manipulation for true zoan users, however I am less sure about Awakened Zoans as they have literally lost their human selves to their beasts. A possible exception for them seems appropiate or at least worth discussing.
Strange, the images is working fine for me, and no one else had complained about not seeing it

I see them all.

The first one is this.
MGUXzSi.jpg

The second one is this
fvov5sO.png
Cy69yCp.png

The third one is this
exYpPJ4.png
UUyjf2W.png

Thanks for providing the scans directly Tempest

I'm indifferent to lightning and agree with acrobatics. Ryuma I am not convinced since the evidence is Zoro speculating and visually it is just a clash of blades-basic AP/Dur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back