• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't understand what you mean? If madness hax is caused by fear then resisting the fear is enough to not be affected by madness hax.
Fear being mixed with madness is a specific mechanic for dmc, resisting fear manip doesn’t mean that you automatically Resist the madness manip.

I don't get what is funny about affecting beings with immunity but affecting inanimate objects make sense

How is that 1 layer? Immunity>>>>>any number of layers of resistance
I’m pretty sure the site indexes immunity as just a resistance or else it will be a no limits fallacy to assume that character A is immune to B’s ability even tho B’s was shown to operate and affect on a higher extent than what A was shown or stated to be immune to.

Got a thread where this was established? For future reference.
Not really it's just something logical i guess? No matter how many layers a hax has, it can't affect outright immunity, isn't that the reason this wiki indexes even statements of immunity as resistance unless there's proof of a lack of what is being affected.

No matter how high the resistance, it can always be overcome by something more potent or possibly by continuous exposure overtime but that isn't the case for immunity.
physiology section, see scans for madness manip.
I did already looked at it and I quoted exactly what was written which leads me to believe fear hax is the cause and madness is the result thus resisting the fear is enough. You all are claiming this isn't so, that the madness is separate from the fear which is why I'm asking if there's anything else to prove that
You don't get immunity on wiki without hard evidence.
I’m pretty sure the site indexes immunity as just a resistance or else it will be a no limits fallacy to assume that character A is immune to B’s ability even tho B’s was shown to operate and affect on a higher extent than what A was shown or stated to be immune to.
Yes, I meant immunity as the wiki means it, the evidence is something that's been there even before the removal of the WN content.

There's no God profile right now but it's saids Gods have no fear, no emotions outright that it is a function that is only given to mortals

“I was thinking that I myself have never tried to understand the gods. Tell me about your feelings Militia."

"Gods are order. We have no fear, no sadness, no kindness, no pride. We are born only as orders to fulfill their function. We are immortal, and therefore we do not even live. – she answered in an emotionless voice."

"So you are deprived of feelings?"

"Immortal creatures do not need feelings. This right is granted only to the living to live." – Militia said in a cold voice.
It's pretty plain to see, their immunity isn't from a plain statement of being immune but rather lacking the characteristics being affected

Immunity cannot be negated, thats against logic. You cannot mind hax someone that doesnt have a mind unless you give them a mind lmao.

Immunity cannot be negated, thats against logic. You cannot mind hax someone that doesnt have a mind unless you give them a mind lmao.
You bringing up logic in a series where the MC doesn't give a shit about logic? Should everything follow logic, inanimate objects wouldn't be getting fear haxed.

Immunity is pretty much just lacking the trait in question.

Also no, "But fiction is illogical!" doesn't change that. If a character lacks a mind then he lacks something to hax. You can give him a mind sure, but not hax something that isn't there cause a character "doesn't care about logic or sense raaaag!"

I say this generally btw cause I see a comment up there about "such is fiction" in regards to Anos.

Not really it's just something logical i guess? No matter how many layers a hax has, it can't affect outright immunity, isn't that the reason this wiki indexes even statements of immunity as resistance unless there's proof of a lack of what is being affected.

No matter how high the resistance, it can always be overcome by something more potent or possibly by continuous exposure overtime but that isn't the case for immunity.

I did already looked at it and I quoted exactly what was written which leads me to believe fear hax is the cause and madness is the result thus resisting the fear is enough. You all are claiming this isn't so, that the madness is separate from the fear which is why I'm asking if there's anything else to prove that

Yes, I meant immunity as the wiki means it, the evidence is something that's been there even before the removal of the WN content.

There's no God profile right now but it's saids Gods have no fear, no emotions outright that it is a function that is only given to mortals

It's pretty plain to see, their immunity isn't from a plain statement of being immune but rather lacking the characteristics being affected

Inanimate objects lacks any mind or emotions already, Dante haxxed them with no issue, also anos isn’t a god right ? He still has a mind if I recall, he just haxxed beings who doesn’t have the emotion of fear.
Your point regarding resisting fear = madness is not a valid argument, fear in dmc is accompanied with madness cause that’s how it works in the verse, you resisting fear doesn’t mean that you will resist the secondary hax which is madness. I have addressed your argument already.

Wait so they have literal no fear is the reason they have immunity, because if that's the case then that should get negated, Since Dante has showings of causing objects to feel fear. If certain fictions have weird rules where they can preform something contradictory, those are the exceptions to bypassing the lacking immunity.

Me trying not to bring up Garfield being able to make objects and light itself run away in fear but not getting any hax because he used his claws to do it:

(Yes thats why it was rejected.)

Inanimate objects lacks any mind or emotions already, Dante haxxed them with no issue, also anos isn’t a god right ? He still has a mind if I recall, he just haxxed beings who doesn’t have the emotion of fear.
He resists his own fear hax
Your point regarding resisting fear = madness is not a valid argument, fear in dmc is accompanied with madness cause that’s how it works in the verse, you resisting fear doesn’t mean that you will resist the secondary hax which is madness. I have addressed your argument already.
There's a reason why characters like Hajime Nagumo can have vs matches without his passive fear + madness hax making the match not happen.
The scan y'all asked me to look at already said the fear hax frequently leads to insanity, this means if you already resist the cause (fear hax) you're not affected by the result (insanity). When I mentioned immunity I was Immediately questioned on it's validity prompting me to bring the scans where it's stated so I believe it's not too much to ask of you to bring scans supporting your line of argument

There's a reason why characters like Hajime Nagumo can have vs matches without his passive fear + madness hax making the match not happen.
The scan y'all asked me to look at already said the fear hax frequently leads to insanity, this means if you already resist the cause (fear hax) you're not affected by the result (insanity). When I mentioned immunity I was Immediately questioned on it's validity prompting me to bring the scans where it's stated so I believe it's not too much to ask of you to bring scans supporting your line of argument
Both are esoteric emphatic hax. Just because you can't feel fear doesn't mean you won't be feeling the madness hax that comes alongside it. One is not dependent on other.

He resists his own fear hax

Resists his own fear hax:
Great now quantify what type of resistance this will be.
there’s a reason why characters like Hajime Nagumo can have vs matches without his passive fear + madness hax making the match.
Irrelevant to our situation also refrain from bringing up characters from other verses into this.
Other point had already been addressed multiple times and gilver did too now.

Me trying not to bring up Garfield being able to make objects and light itself run away in fear but not getting any hax because he used his claws to do it:

(Yes thats why it was rejected.)
Don't remind me about that, still this seems more acceptable to you than haxing something with immunity. Oh the irony of power scalers
Both are esoteric emphatic hax. Just because you can't feel fear doesn't mean you won't be feeling the madness hax that comes alongside it. One is not dependent on other.
I never made that correlation though. Either way, what can Dante do against the I win button that is Venuzdonoa? The madness either way is a no brainer as Anos EoD, venuzdonoa both destroy whatever powers that attempt to affect him.

Great now quantify what type of resistance this will be.

Irrelevant to our situation also refrain from bringing up characters from other verses into this.
Other point had already been addressed multiple times and gilver did too now.
What do you mean what type, it's a resistance to fear hax.

I didn't make any comparison between them, I was simply trying to pass a point. Either way, gilver has done what you didn't and brought the scans, which I can still nitpick if I want so give this a rest already

Don't remind me about that, still this seems more acceptable to you than haxing something with immunity. Oh the irony of power scalers
images

Nothing substantial, I just know about Garfields "Social Influencing" with his claws.
My point is scaring something like light is practical for you but scaring something with evidence that points towards immunity is impractical but in hindsight, both are virtually the same.

My point is scaring something like light is practical for you but scaring something with evidence that points towards immunity is impractical but in hindsight, both are virtually the same.
Oh no. I agree with both but since the wiki does not accept it we have to follow it.

Immunity is a vague description.

The entire body of evidence in this scan consists of the statement that gods can't feel fear. Even taking it to the highest result possible and assuming that this was referring to them lacking the concept of or ability to have fear, that is already covered by Dante and Chen fear haxing inanimate objects, and then built on further with all the layers. Looking more critically though, the statement sounds like it could easily be a fancy way of saying "me is better than you because I'm da god byotches! (starts flexing and posing)". You're pitting an honestly kind of vague and boastful statement against a very direct and explicitly described feat, and even taking the statement to its highest possible interpretation, the feat still wins.

Anyway, this whole thread is a waste of time either way.

Immunity is a vague description.

The entire body of evidence in this scan consists of the statement that gods can't feel fear. Even taking it to the highest result possible and assuming that this was referring to them lacking the concept of or ability to have fear, that is already covered by Dante and Chen fear haxing inanimate objects, and then built on further with all the layers. Looking more critically though, the statement sounds like it could easily be a fancy way of saying "me is better than you because I'm da god byotches! (starts flexing and posing)". You're pitting an honestly kind of vague and boastful statement against a very direct and explicitly described feat, and even taking the statement to its highest possible interpretation, the feat still wins.
You've got to be packing some serious balls to claim this is vague

“I was thinking that I myself have never tried to understand the gods. Tell me about your feelings Militia."

"Gods are order. We have no fear, no sadness, no kindness, no pride. We are born only as orders to fulfill their function. We are immortal, and therefore we do not even live. – she answered in an emotionless voice."

"Immortal creatures do not need feelings. This right is granted only to the living to live." – Militia said in a cold voice.
keeping aside fear hax guys. That madness hax wilding here.
I believe the passive logic hax is what is wilding here

I believe the passive logic hax is what is wilding here
Law hax resistance GG

What are the evidence for those law hax layers ? Do you have the pages ?
That isn't just law hax, it's the nature of superiority between the different Gods, their level of existence, what they can affect, has been accepted since the time of the 99*uncountable layers

... Thanks? ... I guess? In all seriousness, that passive aggressive, seemingly offended tone doesn't actually help your case.

This proves very little. So these nigh-omnipotent beings feel no fear. Are you afraid of a microscopic ant?

... Okay. So they don't have feelings. Neither does a sufficiently messed up person or any other dead object, including the whole building full of them that Dante and Chen fear haxed by accident while attacking each other.
Throughout this entire thread, there has been a noticable disconnect between the two sides, with you using blanket terms like immunity and claiming that just alone outstrips multiple hax layers and fear haxing a building.

... Thanks? ... I guess? In all seriousness, that passive aggressive, seemingly offended tone doesn't actually help your case.
It's kinda weird to call me aggressive rn when I couldn't even be feeling more apathetic
This proves very little. So these nigh-omnipotent beings feel no fear. Are you afraid of a microscopic ant?

... Okay. So they don't have feelings. Neither does a sufficiently messed up person or any other dead object, including the whole building full of them that Dante and Chen fear haxed by accident while attacking each other.
"It is a function given only to mortals who are alive", where did they call themselves nigh-omnipotent
Throughout this entire thread, there has been a noticable disconnect between the two sides, with you and your fellow Anos supporters using blanket terms like immunity and claiming that just alone outstrips multiple hax layers and fear haxing a building.
Funny, I gave context to where the immunity came from also funny that you accused me of being aggressive but the one being aggressive rn is you, also funny that you just generalized "Anos supporters" (plural) under one banner and yet for some reason I am the only Anos supporter here so you have just accused an entire group of people of a crime they have not committed with no sufficient evidence to prove those allegations.
You clearly spell trouble to me so I'm going to stop engaging you and only do so with those who have maintained the peaceful nature of this thread.

It's kinda weird to call me aggressive rn when I couldn't even be feeling more apathetic
Really? Okay.
"It is a function given only to mortals who are alive", where did they call themselves nigh-omnipotent
... Are they nigh-omnipotent within the context of their series? Invincible to everyone? If the answer is yes or technically yes, my comment holds. What you said there is technically called a straw man.
Funny, I gave context to where the immunity came from
You gave a statement which did not overcome the feats of fear hax, and your current ad hominem approach is only making it worse.
also funny that you accused me of being aggressive but the one being aggressive rn is you, also funny that you just generalized "Anos supporters" (plural) under one banner and yet for some reason I am the only Anos supporter here so you have just accused an entire group of people of a crime they have not committed with no sufficient evidence to prove those allegations.
You clearly spell trouble to me so I'm going to stop engaging you and only do so with those who have maintained the peaceful nature of this thread.
How convenient. Rather than address my criticism, you disregard it because you choose to dislike its presentation. I believe there's a named fallacy associated with that action...

Anyway, I think this thread in and of itself is silly. And when I mentioned others I referred to the OP accepting a vote for Anos with no reasoning.

Look, as far as I'm concerned both Anos' verse and DMC are better off for the other being around, so it's absurd to pretend the verses are opponents.

The scan literally explain gods nature, not just god not feel fear because the enemy is too weak. It is very straightforward proof for immunity

I do agree on the gods not feeling fear point, but I don’t think it will matter that much either way, I’ll continue this later.

The scan literally explain gods nature, not just god not feel fear because the enemy is too weak. It is very straightforward proof for immunity
Okay, but define immunity here. Is it lacking the capacity to feel fear, like inanimate objects? Is it just resistance by another name? Is it perhaps both combined together?

Okay, but define immunity here. Is it lacking the capacity to feel fear, like inanimate objects? Is it just resistance by another name? Is it perhaps both combined together?
Immunity is lacking something or cannot/impossible for get a effect by something. The scan literally say gods not have fear, why it even just a resistence when the scan literally say NOT HAVE

Back