• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Annoying Dog VS. The Player (SCP Containment Breach)

EMagoIorSouI

They/Them
Both are at High 2-A, and happened to create their own worlds into eachother.

There is no prep time.

Battle takes place within the voidly Spiral Gestalt.

Annoying Dog - 0

The Player - 1

Inconclusive - 2

At first glance, I don't really see any way for the two of them to effectively harm each other, as the dog can probably take on most of the abilities The Player gaines by using his physical objects, but I'm not really sure how the Dog can effectively harm him either. I may look into it a bit more, but for now, my vote is inconclusive.

I vote inconclusive. The Player can't destroy the dog and the dogs only choice is to do game destroy which he is probrably too lazy to do and probrably won't harm the player too much

Looking through their powers:

Neutral: Reality Warping (both have), Space-Time Manipulation (both have), Player's Causality Manipulation (useless against the Acausal dog), Player's BFR (dog is omnipresent), player's Non-Corporeality (Dog has soul manipulation).

Player advantage: Probability Manipulation, Precognition, Limited Memory Manipulation, having Existence Erasure.

Dog advantage: Soul Manipulation, being a Multiversal Constant.

While Dog's resistance to existence erasure is arguable, I think Player's precognition, as well as hax Dog can't interfere with, gives him the potential to existence erase Dog. Note that I say it's arguable, while right now my vote is going to Player, an argument could be made for Dog to be able to resist this erasure at which point it would be inconclusive.

Removing the dog from the game files does work. It exists as an object/sprite in a few rooms of the game, yeah, but that isn't impossible to remove

I really don't know what Azathoth meant by "Makes sense, as attempting to go into the game's files and remove the Dog will result in messages telling you that is not possible." I know a lot about how Undertale ticks and I've never heard of a hidden message like that. There were hidden messages when going into the game's files telling you not to spoil the game for people, but nothing to do with the dog.

EDIT: I've asked about it on Azathoth's wall. But I'd also like to add in that the cutting room floor wiki, which documents unused content and hidden messages in games, has a page on Undertale which mentions the Annoying Dog, but doesn't mention anything about it being unable to be removed, or having any sort of hidden message saying it can't be.

Azathoth clarified about what was meant by that here.

In short, you can remove the dog from your inventory through messing with game files, however this won't let you obtain an artifact which the dog prevents you from obtaining in normal play. The game says "This will never happen" and you don't receive it.

All this could really extend to is that the Dog's multiversal laws remain in effect when it's erased, which isn't too relevant to this battle. Locking in my vote for player taking this.

Wait? Why is anything in real life has anything to do with game?

If Dog got his existence erasure resist from this....

Then I give this match to Player, and i has to say we need to revision dog.

Back