• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Feats in Mob Psycho 100

But it's still a noticeable change in power level, the reasons really shouldn't matter much. Be it because of training or because he got used to using his powers and his emotional state changed enough to wield his power better or more willingly, it's still a noticeable change.

By virtue of how he works, Mob isn't actually getting more powerful at 100%, he already has all that power but represses it. He gets stronger because of an emotional change and we accept that, there's no reason for this to be different.

I thought Mob was holding back in their first fight. Because when they fight for the second time, when Mob slaps him, he says "This time I won't hold back" or something along those lines.

He actually says that he "doesn't have time" before abusing TK to win the fight. Mob was actually doing reasonably well against Koyama before he used his helixes; hence why I rated him with his Helixes as higher than him just by himself.

It still doesn't change him being fended off by Ishiguro, who I'll say again is fodder to fodder to the Ultimate 5. Then pop, next couple of arcs and he can fight the strongest member of such.

LSir summed up my points very well.

Mob goes from struggling against Ishiguro to outright scaring Shimazaki. How this is not evidence for him getting better control/potency of his powers in base is beyond me.

We shouldn't conviently ignore plot points just because there wasn't some random training sequence or direct statement; the increase in power is evident from the fights and events in the story. Again I point to Teru who already has keys like this.

Oh that's right, but that still indicates the same thing. I think it means he stopped trying to hold back when fighting humans, before he got to their base he was torn on whether or not he should use his powers on them.

But I don't have any strong feelings for this, I'm ok with whatever everyone decides.

He considers his issues with fighting people when fighting Koyama before concluding that "this is different".

DMUA said:
Well, he did do plenty of stuff. By growing as a person, he cultivated emotional energy and was able to use more psychic power.
^ Yeah, I agree with the keys now. I forgot about how Mogami explained that ESP powers came from emotions. By Mob releasing more emotions over the course of the story (without going 100%), he became stronger.

I am still sceptical about the Koyama situation being a legitimate growth in power, but, if the key is supposed to be about a later arc then I can't argue about it right now.

I have no clue what happens between the 7th division and the ultimate 5 but if there's actually some kind of reasonable interval between these two events unlike the 7th division arc which happened right after Mob's first encounter with Koyama, a new key might be fine.

Bewtween the 7th Division and World Domination Arc a whole bunch of stuff happens before Mob gets into more fights.

There's also the fact Mob has never used his powers before the Teruki Hanazawa Arc for anything other than oneshotting spirits.

I don't think the anime being mostly consistent is a valid argument. Any difference, whether small or large, is still a difference and since the manga is the source material, it should always take precedence.

AKM sama said:
Any difference, whether small or large, is still a difference and since the manga is the source material, it should always take precedence.
Except the manga's artstyle leaves more room for error/inconsistency in scale and sometimes outright just doesn't have objects to pixelscale for feats. Not to mention the inability to use timeframe; especially for stuff like Shimazaki's speed feat. The anime fills in vital gaps in many significant feats that wouldn't be able to be evaluated otherwise.

If this wasn't ONE I'd be more inclined to agree.

Well, if there are problems in calculating certain pixel scaling or speed feats then we can probably take help from the anime, but only for such clarifications, and given that it doesn't contradict the original source material. For anything else, the manga still takes precendece.

AKM sama said:
Well, if there are problems in calculating certain pixel scaling or speed feats then we can probably take help from the anime, but only for such clarifications, and given that it doesn't contradict the original source material. For anything else, the manga still takes precendece.
iirc the only anime feat that outright "contradicts" the manga is Ishirguro's ceiling bust. In the manga he only makes a small hole in the ceiling while in the anime it was large enough for a calc of it to come out as 8-B. I guess there's also Mob ramming Koyama through that other building in 100%, that was far less impressive in the manga.

The High 7-C explsion calc (Actually showed the explosion relative to the ground), High 8-C building bust/wall vaporization (Anime made it clearer that it was vaping; gave more perspective on the building's size), and Subsonic+ speed calc (Has a timeframe) are mostly what I'm concerned with here.

Why is base Toichiro Town level+?

3 Tons times 6,000 is only 18 Kilotons, which isn't +, even if it's only a portion of his power.

DMUA said:
Why is base Toichiro Town level+?
3 Tons times 6,000 is only 18 Kilotons, which isn't +, even if it's only a portion of his power.
A) He calls that a "drop in the bucket" even when comparing it to a small percentile of his power

B) Town level+ comes from his 130 KT feat at 20%. At less than 20% (I think 10% was where he was before he jumped to 20), he'd be Town level+

Are we sure it specifically referred to a drop in the bucket of a portion of his power, as opposed to just all of it?

130 times .20 is only 26 Kilotons, which still isn't +, less then that would be lower.

DMUA said:
130 times .20 is only 26 Kilotons, which still isn't +, less then that would be lower.
You read my comment wrong.

I mean he did that attack with 20% of his power. 10% would be Town level+, as would any of the other percents his demonstrated below 20.

@Dargoo Is the high 7-C calc for the same feat that you calced at 7-C in the manga? If so I disagree with it being used.

Andytrenom said:
@Dargoo Is the high 7-C calc for the same feat that you calced at 7-C in the manga? If so I disagree with it being used.
No; the other explosion feat I calced happened later and also has poor scaling objects (I had to make a decent number of assumptions for it).

The High 7-C feat was just some vague blob in the sky with no reference point in the manga.

>Video unavailable in your country

Alright...but using the anime would probably be fine, looking at the manga version.

Back