• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anime Battle Royal: Sanji vs. Gaara vs. Byakuya vs. Kurama vs.Sunny vs. Gray

Sanji.full.43635
Gaara render by xuzumaki-d49bi94
Kuchiki byakuya mlvega
Kurama
Sunny GS1
300px-Gray Anime S2
Ennies Lobby/Summit War Saga Sanji
Kazekage Rescue Arc Gaara

Pre-Soul Palace Training Byakuya, Shukei Hakuteiken restricted

Dark Tournament arc Kurama

Regal Mammoth arc Sunny

BoS Gray

Speed Equalized

Sanji and Gray go down first for lacking the abilities to compete with the others, barring Ice Shell which wouldn't really matter since IIRC it takes time to use and would provide ample time for the others to attack. Than I think Byakuya & Sunny take each other out, they have similar range and attack versatility So it would come down to Gaara & Kurama, Gaara has the superior durability and range, while Kurama is far more tactical and has hax, if Gaara plays it safe and attacks from the skies he could win, if Kurama can get one of his plants on Gaara before he is in the skies, he wins. I see Kurama taking it more times than not, he's far more of a battle genius than Deidara, and Deidara won against Gaara by playing it smart, same thing happens here, sinning tree FTW.

Only reason deidara won was cos of fear of collateral and gaara was defending the village more than protecting himself,if this is an all out intent on killing fight,garra will sand coffin/pyramid spam from beyond his sand ball and automatic sand armor.Also turning the entire battlefield into sand,Not to mention,body switching with his sand clones.

To be fair Deidara would've won even if Gaara wasn't protecting the village, Deidara still hadn't used C4 which would've finished Gaara IMO. As for turning the entire battlefield into sand, that take's time and I do believe he would need to be ground level to do so, also it matters where the battlefield is. And at this time, Gaara had poor stamina, so him spamming would be dumb as it would deplete his chakra reserves. Also he was in the sand village when he fought Deidara, he had the advantage of having pre-existing sand at his disposel, depending on the enviroment they are in Gaara may need to make sand, which uses a ton of chakra, and would hurt him in the long run, as he would likely already have taken damage at this point, and would be under constant attack while making more sand, this isn't like his battle against Kimimaro, he has multiple opponents that are far tougher than Kimimaro, and even if he succeeds in making his sand it would likely be his last move, since the same thing happenend in his battle against Kimi, he ran out of chakra at the end and almost got killed, and depending if Byakuya is around at this point, he would finish off Gaara since he can fly out of the range of his sand with his semi-flight (Air Walk), also Kurama can kinda fly too with Floating Leaf so turning the battlefield into sand won't finish Kurama (It also wouldn't finish Sunny either if he was around at this point, he would be safe inside his Dinning Kitchen range). Anyway's Kurama is the most tactical here, and the most haxed, he usually implants his seeds at the begining of fights, so he would have likely have most here planted with his hax plants, and it would only be a matter of prolonging the battle for them to take effect. Sinning Tree, Blood Sucking Plant, Seed of the Death Plant, Death Tree, these abilities are far too hax for Gaara to withstand, coincidentally they are also the most haxed moves that anyone here has. I stand with my pick of Kurama, the intellect & hax advantage beat out Gaara's range & durability advantage.

Edit: To addon Sand Coffin would basically be useless against Sunny & Byakuya as it would be fended off by Dinning Kitchen & Senbonzakura, these abilities along with Gaara's sand are counters to each other, as in they are freely manipulated ranged techniques that are offense & defense heavy, so it spells trouble if he enters combat with these 2 since they are his counters and are superior in striking attacks. As for Sand Ball it's penetratable for most here so it really isn't much else than a technique for him to buy time to use one of his better attacks, and the use of Sand Armor here would be dumb as it would be nothing more than a chakra waster (IIRC Sand Armor drains chakra at a fast past).

The automatic sand shield is exactly what it sounds,an automatic armor of sand,that has reacted to and completely blocked amaterasu in part 2,C4 is much slower,so C4 wouldn't get past the automatic sand armor,the said shield in question doesn't use gaara's chakra,or is under his control.The sand is powered by his mother's will to protect gaara.Also gaara's sand balls have taken 5 susanoo blades at once and not break(albeit in later stages of part 2)

However the other techinique "armor of sand" does require chakra,but again and again,since the start of the part 2 to the current arc,we never have seen a gaara that is running out of chakra.

Kazekage arc gaara was able to cover an entire town in sand thick enough to block a town level attack in a matter of seconds with a simple hand gestrure,and without any exertion whatsoever.

I was refering to his skin tight armor using his chakra, not his auto shield, and I'm very aware of the workings of his auto shield, no need to explain. Also C4 would bypass all of Gaara's armor it's on a microscopic scale, Gaara is as good as dead if Deidara uses C4, either way let's drop this part since it would only derail the thread. Also no point in bringing up War Arc Gaara feats, it's Rescue Arc Gaara we're using. And I'm fairly certain Gaara ran out of chakra in his battle with Deidara while moving his sand so it wouldn't fall on the village, so we have seen Gaara run out of chakra in part 2, in the rescue arc (the version we're using) no less. Again he had the advantage of pre-existing sand so of course he could use an abundance of it, and since he hasn't stated a location where they are fighting at I'll have to refer to the Standard Battle Assumptions and use Central Park, NYC, so he'll only have the sand in his gourd to start with, he'd have to create more otherwise (And even if he gets the chance to create more, it wouldn't be a lot, since the only place he'll have to create sand is an artifical park, keep in mind most of underground NYC is pipes, tunnels, and electrical work, so he wouldn't have the minerals to brake down to create sand). And actually I made a mistake Gaara himself has no durability advantage, his sand (When he has enough of it) is town level in defense (And there isn't enough sand or potential sand that could give him that advantage in this scenario) So that actually is a major overlook by myself. Anyways I still stand with Kurama, still to haxed and tactical. Though I'm actually inclined to say that he'll be facing either Byakuya or Sunny rather than Gaara as the last 2 standing.

Back