• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animal manip battle (Fluttershy vs Ratcatcher 2)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Oh boy, here's another Ratcatcher 2 thread. I hope this one works out
10-B versions used
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in a research lab. Those places have lab rats and while there's not enough of them to insta-kill someone, it is enough to give whoever's in control of them an advantage
Starting distance is 15 meters
Shy rabbit queen : 0
Sleepy rat queen : 0
They feed Amanda to the rats : 7

Story

Cleo sat down on one of the many chairs of the presentation room, finding nobody around her. Director Waller was as usual standing besides a projector, ready to start a presentation.

"Is that a new projector?" asked Ratcatcher 2.
"Yes. We were able to scrap up enough spare funding to buy a new one" replied Amanda before continuing "Today's mission will be a solo one so pay attention because there won't be anyone to repeat it to you"

"In recent times, many plagues have swept the earth, some magical, some technological, and some regular which is why S.T.A.R Labs has built a lab to specifically aid the government in finding cures for those diseases".
The projector revealed an image the lab building along with the construction crew and new staff.

"Due to their private nature, they were able to bypass many safety and ethic laws. The government has allowed this at the condition that they find a cure of any plague in before 3 months. As a result, animal testing is done almost daily and the results have been satisfactory with the only downside being that the public has no clue of how these cures are made".
The projector revealed images of rats, rabbits, and even chimps undergoing various tests, some of which appeared to be lethal.

"You know, I don't think I should be showing you this. Anyway currently there has been a group of protesters seeking to expose the lab and their practices. According to sources, they plan on performing this tonight. The leader of this attack is a college student named Fluttershy and before you ask, she comes from a town where stupid names like hers are given to everyone".
The projector revealed a picture Fluttershy in a veterinary clinic surrounded by many healthy and happy animals.

"S.T.A.R Labs is currently behind schedule with their work an attack could sever their deal with the government. Your mission is to stop this attack and cripple the protesters' movement by attacking this girl. Any questions?" asked Director Waller.
"So you're telling me that I need to take down this sweet girl who looks like she cares more about animals than any of you guys?" asked Cleo, slightly disturbed by the idea.

"No, I want you to kill her" replied Amanda before approaching her soldier "Tell me Miss Cazo, if I killed you right now and fed you to the rats, would they care that you've been caring for them all this time?".
"No..." said Ratcatcher 2.

"Good because whoever loses I will feed their body to the rats. Do you understand?!".
"Yes, Director Waller".

Last edited:
What are Ratcatcher's feats of skill, independent of controlling rats? (Also, IDK if it matters for her abilities, but rats aren't mice, & you specified mice in the OP.)
Also, does her communicator let her control the mice, or just give them orders that they listen to?

Meanwhile, there's EQG Fluttershy. I'm not sure what her best Animal Manipulation feats are, nor her combat feats. I'm also wondering if she can control them, or just speak to them.
Though, I'd be surprised if she can influence "up to tens of thousands" of animals at once like Ratcatcher can.

Maybe with Reactive Power Level with Geode (the more each of them using their magic abilities, the more the power of these abilities grows)?
But I'm not sure if that works fast enough.

I'm surprised EQG Fluttershy doesn't have Animal Manipulation, nor Social Influencing. I wonder if she could diplomacy with the rats?

One advantage she has is that her standard equipment includes a bow & arrows. Though, she might not realize to use it at first, & even if she think to use it, she'd probably be hesitant about trying to shoot someone, much less an animal.

HOWEVER, Fluttershy MIGHT notice Ratcatcher's communicator, depending on the manner in which it's used. Ex: Is it spoken into? Waved around?
If Fluttershy noticed the communicator is being used, she might realize to shoot it.

Fluttershy has this: Marksmanship (took her 3 arrows to hit a bullseye on a moving target)
So she might be able to land the shot; I doubt the communicator is smaller than a typical bullseye. Break the communicator, & Ratcatcher is powerless.

Though, Ratcatcher, who's Intelligence is listed as "Average, if not abit naive" might also notice Fluttershy's glowing rock (The Geode) if Fluttershy tries speaking to the rodents before the communicator is destroyed. If she can get the rats to break the Geode (Is it frail enough?) or maybe chew off the strings (Or just go after Fluttershy.), she might be able to thwart that plan of action.

The match seems interesting, but I don't think I know enough about the nuances of their Animal abilities & combat skill to be sure on a decision here.

Hope this helps!

What are Ratcatcher's feats of skill, independent of controlling rats?
She's not exactly the most skilled in combat. Like she knows how to avoid danger but she's never demonstrated any notable hand-to-hand combat proficiency
Also, does her communicator let her control the mice, or just give them orders that they listen to?
Think of it as a more potent version of pointing a lazer pointer in front of a cat. She points her device somewhere and every rat or mouse in a large radius would go to that area
Meanwhile, there's EQG Fluttershy. I'm not sure what her best Animal Manipulation feats are, nor her combat feats. I'm also wondering if she can control them, or just speak to them.
She summoned a bunch of birds and convinced them to help her with chores. The feat in question happened in Legend of Everfree
Technically it doesn't really matter since Ratcatcher's strategy is to send a rat or mouse into her target's orifice. And while lab rats are too small for you to choke on, this is Fluttershy, she'll be pretty traumatized at swallowing a rat
One advantage she has is that her standard equipment includes a bow & arrows. Though, she might not realize to use it at first, & even if she think to use it, she'd probably be hesitant about trying to shoot someone, much less an animal.

HOWEVER, Fluttershy MIGHT notice Ratcatcher's communicator, depending on the manner in which it's used. Ex: Is it spoken into? Waved around?
If Fluttershy noticed the communicator is being used, she might realize to shoot it.

Fluttershy has this: Marksmanship (took her 3 arrows to hit a bullseye on a moving target)
So she might be able to land the shot; I doubt the communicator is smaller than a typical bullseye. Break the communicator, & Ratcatcher is powerless.
It is essentially a glowing orb on a stick which she points at wherever the rats are going so yeah, she'll notice it

Though shooting a target in someone's hand which they're holding in front of themselves can be pretty dangerous (It might hit their hand or just go straight through and hit their chest) so Fluttershy's still probably gonna hesitate a bit
Though, Ratcatcher, who's Intelligence is listed as "Average, if not abit naive" might also notice Fluttershy's glowing rock (The Geode) if Fluttershy tries speaking to the rodents before the communicator is destroyed. If she can get the rats to break the Geode (Is it frail enough?) or maybe chew off the strings (Or just go after Fluttershy.), she might be able to thwart that plan of action.
It doesn't exactly glow so she wouldn't really notice it at first. And even then as I mentioned above, her starting move is technically a durability negation, the geode doesn't really matter

Also I just googled lab rats and turns out they're a type of common rat so they're still controllable. I'll change the OP

Isn’t bow and arrows optional equipment? Fluttershy only had them for 1 movie. And it wasn’t specified in the rules she has them.

Not sure tbh. I guess Fluttershy takes this because Ratcatcher can only summon rats it seems like while Fluttershy can summon a wide variety of animals.
Keep in mind of the setting. While other lab animals are used, the most common ones are still rats. The second most common are rabbits

This is interesting since neither of the two are combat savvy so a hands on fight would basically go either way. Rat lady can only manipulate rats going off her profile, meanwhile if there are more animals other than just rats, I guess Fluttershy has a greater chance depending on whats available. I'd just argue Inconclusive honestly.

Not so fast.
If we assume that Fluttershy doesn't have a bow, then the winner is going to be Ratcatcher 2. Fluttershy can only speak with animals, gently influence them, while Ratcatcher's device is a form of mind control. As long as it is active, Fluttershy can try to convince them not to attack her all she wants and they'll just eat her anyway. As a former thief and a member of a taskforce, Ratcatcher 2 also has advantage in hand to hand combat over a high-school student, so I don't see disarming as an option.
While Ratcatcher 2 is a sweetheart, she's actively threatened with a bomb in her head, so if we assume she hasn't defected before facing Fluttershy (which she likely would have done and this fight wouldn't even start then), she won't do that during the fight either. If she has no choice and someone else (Amanda) to blame for this), she'd kill. Unlike Fluttershy, who'd rather die herself than take someone else's life.

Not so fast.
If we assume that Fluttershy doesn't have a bow, then the winner is going to be Ratcatcher 2. Fluttershy can only speak with animals, gently influence them, while Ratcatcher's device is a form of mind control. As long as it is active, Fluttershy can try to convince them not to attack her all she wants and they'll just eat her anyway. As a former thief and a member of a taskforce, Ratcatcher 2 also has advantage in hand to hand combat over a high-school student, so I don't see disarming as an option.
While Ratcatcher 2 is a sweetheart, she's actively threatened with a bomb in her head, so if we assume she hasn't defected before facing Fluttershy (which she likely would have done and this fight wouldn't even start then), she won't do that during the fight either. If she has no choice and someone else (Amanda) to blame for this), she'd kill. Unlike Fluttershy, who'd rather die herself than take someone else's life.
Keep in mind that the incon can also come from her convincing other non-rat lab animals around her to help defend in which can lead to inconclusive results depending what animals she decided to recruit or what is available

My vote goes to incon

Since SBA says that characters are in-character but willing to kill, it seems that the latter part of the paragraph TBWHTK wrote relies mostly on morals and such

Keep in mind that the incon can also come from her convincing other non-rat lab animals around her to help defend in which can lead to inconclusive results depending what animals she decided to recruit or what is available
More specifically, what animals? We'd need ones that can effectively fight a horde of rats capable of restraining a human. I doubt any larger ones are a possibility, so a smaller animal that inhabits labs in numbers larger than rats would have been required. That's quite a specific condition.

Back