• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Android 17 vs Frieza (end of DBS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
17 via barrier and he can outlast Freeza since they are almost equal. Just like 17 vs Piccolo in the good ol' days.

Pretty sure grace period is already over. You should probably get it added.

17 isn't going to die from that explosion. That explosion may have taken out SSGSS Vegeta (which was because he was off guard), and 17 is far stronger than that version of Vegeta anyways.

Huesito88 said:
I didn't know 17 Barrier had oxygen =P
To be honest, from logical standpoint his barrier would keep some of the oxygen... Hell he could even make barrier around his head before the earth explosion and it would work out.

17 won't be able to fight back, if he's making a barrier around his body from head to toe. I'm pretty sure at least (correct me if I'm wrong though)

Edit I guess maybe he can try ramming Frieza, while he is in it

The smaller the Barrier the less oxygen 17 would get =P

Edit do you think a gold fish bowl worth of oxygen will be enough for 17?

That's true, but it should be enough for 10~30 minutes. And I just wanna remind that 5 minutes in DB world might be about 40 episodes (Frieza Saga) or 7 episodes (DBS), I think it's enough for 17 to handle Frieza :p

Huesito88 said:
I'm not sure a gold fish bowl worth of oxygen would allow you to last that long in space
Welp dont forget that DB characters can survive on one breath for a long period of times (or at least Goku could in Frieza saga, which was stated by Gohan). Junanago can simply fight, taking few breaths every few minutes... Lapis could also visit different planets to refill oxygen, before Frieza would destroy these planets (and as shown in DB, almost every planet that they've been in so far, had oxygen and environment that allowed humans and other races to survive.) Considering his speed, it wouldnt be hard to quickly get to one... So I really dont see planet destruction as big disadvantage over here.

In an actual battle Frieza takes this via some dirty, coward trick.

In a fair battle, 17 has this.

Choose one.

@GokuSparkle

Based on what?

The planets we've seen is Namek, a few that Lord Beerus destroyed, Planet Vegeta, Yardrat, Frieza Planet (both his home world and where his empire is located, which might be destroyed), and the supposed 28 other planets with mortals/life (which are a few that I've listed above)

Huesito88 said:
@GokuSparkle
Based on what?
Based on what we saw so far, I dont think there was a single planet so far that havent got oxyge..Even the one with this Potafu water jelly stuff in it, had oxygen. Not to mention the fake namek, and even that had oxygen... You could make assumption that there are planets in DB world that doesnt have oxygen, but we havent seen a single one without it... Even if we go outside the canon and look at GT and Heroes, the same rule with every planet having oxygen so far applies.

PaChi2 said:
In an actual battle Frieza takes this via some dirty, coward trick.
In a fair battle, 17 has this.

Choose one.
I dunno, Lapis seems to be a bit smarter and composed than Frieza, his dirty tricks might not be enough.

Im just basing my reply on Lapis not knowing Frieza's record of dirty tricks. Cus,ya know, they never met before the ToP.

PaChi2 said:
Im just basing my reply on Lapis not knowing Frieza's record of dirty tricks. Cus,ya know, they never met before the ToP.
Even so... I'm pretty sure he have a good idea how dirty and ingenious Frieza can be with his schemes after ToP.

He even praised Frieza in their last stand against Jiren, by stating that even if he himself would get eliminated, they would be fine because of Frieza... It simply showed how big respect and sense of danger 17 feels towards Frieza and his fighting strategy.

My bet is that Lapis would try to finish Frieza as quickly as possible in order to avoid Frieza cheating in any way possible, while trying to annoy him in order to make Frieza lose focus (proved that it is his weakness many times, even against Jiren).

As for Frieza, I think he would underestimate Lapis, as he tend to do against so many other opponents (Toppo), it's in his character. Even during ToP he never showed any sign of respect towards 17 or his power.

This fight should take place in the WoV ovo

Android 17 probably got much stronger throughout the tournament, so that doesn't really apply. Also, even if he was weaker, he could use his Naruto level strategies to defeat Frieza.

Except Frieza has more feats that would indicate he grew stronger in the ToP. Like him blitzing Dyspo in Golden (when Goku couldn't tag Dyspo) or Frieza tanking Toppo multiple times or even the part where Base Frieza took on Jiren while 17 provided ranged support and needed to be saved by Frieza.

17 has had decades to grow stronger, Frieza has had a year and four months. Why would you assume 17 can grow that much stronger in the span of 48 minutes when Frieza has more evidence of being capable of (and even doing) such a thing?

Frieza has the endurance and survivability to handle 17, has evidence of being stronger, indication that he grew stronger from the start to the end of the ToP and is even the one fighting Jiren on the frontlines at the end.

I would argue that this is all just PIS but the DBS Broly film (and novel) depicts SS Goku as fighting the same Broly that SSG Vegeta was stomped around by and Base Frieza tanked SS Broly briefly and then took him on for over an hour. It overall seems more consistent to claim Goku and Frieza grew far stronger by the end of the ToP then to claim it as an outlier or PIS.

Overall, Frieza has the power and survivability advantage. It must also be noted that 18 died from Earth's explosion, which means androids can die from oxygen deprivation whereas Frieza can not. Frieza, thus, has superior physiology.

17 has only two things going for him: Shields and Infinite Stamina.

Infinite stamina works in a long-term fight but Frieza's own stamina can withstand Broly for over an hour straight, so Frieza isn't going to be effected by 17's stamina advantage for a long time. Frieza's AP advantage and brutality means that 17 will likely begin to suffer severe physical wear before Frieza starts to have a stamina disadvantage.

17 has barriers but Frieza has Paralysis, Imprisonment Ball and can even create his own Barriers, so I have to question how effective 17's barriers will be in the long run when Frieza can just paralyze or trap him. Frieza can also just create his own barrier when 17 attempts a kamikaze attack with his barrier.

CryoTheMayo said:
Except Frieza has more feats that would indicate he grew stronger in the ToP. Like him blitzing Dyspo in Golden (when Goku couldn't tag Dyspo) or Frieza tanking Toppo multiple times or even the part where Base Frieza took on Jiren while 17 provided ranged support and needed to be saved by Frieza.
17 has had decades to grow stronger, Frieza has had a year and four months. Why would you assume 17 can grow that much stronger in the span of 48 minutes when Frieza has more evidence of being capable of (and even doing) such a thing?

Frieza has the endurance and survivability to handle 17, has evidence of being stronger, indication that he grew stronger from the start to the end of the ToP and is even the one fighting Jiren on the frontlines at the end.

I would argue that this is all just PIS but the DBS Broly film (and novel) depicts SS Goku as fighting the same Broly that SSG Vegeta was stomped around by and Base Frieza tanked SS Broly briefly and then took him on for over an hour. It overall seems more consistent to claim Goku and Frieza grew far stronger by the end of the ToP then to claim it as an outlier or PIS.

Overall, Frieza has the power and survivability advantage. It must also be noted that 18 died from Earth's explosion, which means androids can die from oxygen deprivation whereas Frieza can not. Frieza, thus, has superior physiology.

17 has only two things going for him: Shields and Infinite Stamina.

Infinite stamina works in a long-term fight but Frieza's own stamina can withstand Broly for over an hour straight, so Frieza isn't going to be effected by 17's stamina advantage for a long time. Frieza's AP advantage and brutality means that 17 will likely begin to suffer severe physical wear before Frieza starts to have a stamina disadvantage.

17 has barriers but Frieza has Paralysis, Imprisonment Ball and can even create his own Barriers, so I have to question how effective 17's barriers will be in the long run when Frieza can just paralyze or trap him. Frieza can also just create his own barrier when 17 attempts a kamikaze attack with his barrier.
To be fair, this fight was made with ToP Frieza and 17.

Broly Movie feats can't be included cause that would be a 3A vs Low 2C fight, which is a mismatch

17 is a much better strategist and would actually try to find a strategy to win, whereas Frieza would probably try to just tank everything 17 throws at him due to 1. his cockiness, and 2. his inability to sense 17's power level

And I'm pretty sure that 17's shields can take attacks stronger than himself anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back