• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ancestors, stop this madness!

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
I always wondered who would win

Homo Erectus

Neanderthal

They fight on forest in spring.

They are 30 meters away from each other.

Both are bloodlusted (Let's say the Erectus killed the Nenderthal's young and the Nenderthal also did the same thing).

Both have a rudimentary stone spear.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Erectus due to actually surviving to evolve lol
The Neanderthal had to deal with the entire planet freezing, so it wasn't totally their fault (Other than getting murdered by early humans tho)

Wait if both of these species where far stronger than average humans then how did average humans apparently win against both of them? (Or did I read their summaries wrong (my head has been hurting all day so that could explain it)).

Keeweed said:
Wait if both of these species where far stronger than average humans then how did average humans apparently win against both of them? (Or did I read their summaries wrong (my head has been hurting all day so that could explain it)).
We came after the Erectus tho. We lived around the same time as the Neanderthal.

Keeweed said:
Homo sapiens outlived the Neanderthals due to the fact that our smaller bodies meant that we required less food to continue functioning whilst Neanderthals big bodies (and less hair, as well, I think) meant that they required more food. During the Ice Age, when food was scarce Homo sapiens, who required less food, lived while Neanderthals died. Plus, we were more intelligent; I think Neanderthals hunted by jumping on bigger prey and hoping to kill them via strangulation while we hunted bigger prey by running them off giant cliffs.

This is what I remember from ages ago.

The Erectus I'm unsure about but it could be the same case of scarce food meaning we were better adapted, though I do plan on researching all this; it is really interesting.

On a side note, isn't Erectus the same as Homo Ergaster, just that they lived in different areas?

Oh ok, so they were slower and more spread out; that makes since (my head pains gone so I was able to read it better)

I'll also go with the Erectus; they seem far stronger and durable, and apparently used weapons to heavy and/or big for anything else to pick up meaning it's going to pack a punch when it hits.

While Erectus has surely an advantage in speed and endurance running, i think Neanderthal might have a chance in close combat condering their bodies were more build for strenght and durabilty and had more experience on hunting big and dangerous animals; even if they relied more on ambushing. I mean some of their fossil sites are full of bones from hyenas, mammoths and bears. There is also evidence that they survived tremendus strikes from this types of animals and maybe, even damage from human weapons like throwing spears. For intelligence i'm not sure but i'm sure they were not dumber than Erectus: they both used hand axes and fire for cooking and hunting, and like Erectus they hunted in groups and took care of the weak and injured members of their species, the difference is that Erectus relied more on endurance running to outlast their preys, while Neanderthal hunted at close range. (By the way, i apologies for this long text)

^ After reading that I guess I'll go inconclusive both seemed to kill predators that would stomp average humans and both have around the same intelligence

Keeweed said:
We had larger brains in the case of Erectus (and they evolved into us) and were more adaptable in the case of Neanderthals. We bred with them anyways so it wasn't just fighting. Anyways, Erectus has much higher stamina and is faster with similar strength although a decent amount dumber, slightly physically weaker and less durable so I'll vote inconclusive. I could change my mind later

So counting:

-Erectus: 4 votes (Saikou, Iapitus, Hyper Anon, CCFB)

-Neanderthal: 0 votes.

-Inconclusive: 2 votes (Keeweed and PlazHalpMi)

Composite Human comes and stomps both OvO

Just joking... Just joking... Being serious now...

I'm going to vote Erectus for reasons above...

Change vote to Neanderthal. Considering everything, they were really strong and could probably beat Erectus to death

Back