• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Unordinary Pyscho Battle - John Doe vs Shigeo Kageyama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose John still takes it for my previous reasons if Mob doesn't go into 100%/???% by the time John beats the heck out of him with AP and his amps.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
The real quesiton is if John also receives Mob's emotion based limiter on his powers. Meaning, if John's own psychic abilities will wax and wane with his emotions like Mob's
There's no reason he would, given that Mob's emotion based limiter is self-imposed, and not an actual mechanic who came with his powers. Supposing John can copy his powers fully(which is a big assumption to make) , he'd become at least 8-A .

John shouldn't be capable of copying powers that are several orders of magnitude higher than his own AP. He'd only really be able to copy Base!Mob's capabilities.

I'd recommend switching Mob for Teruki, he is bound to 9-A, has powers similar to Mob's (albeit more versatile) and is arguably a better fighter while being less reluctant in using his powers. (not to mention he has power mimicry, albeit far weaker than john's copying)

6CC9A8C2-4A44-4749-8D5A-620EAE42CA3D
Tfw my vote wasnt even counted but it was basically FRA

Yeah, change it, Or you can do Arlo. Arlo vs Mob would be...interesting,

He needs more matchups.

And honestly, it is more debatable.

Huh. Missed this.

Yeah this becomes a one sided stomp no matter on what side if so.

@ Lit

1) Gotcha. Makes sense. Geez he's really pushed to the deep end even further. I'd say more he has his own set of restrictions on himself.

2) Okay my bad on using absorb. But again, the mimic factor is a big thing, especially for wide tier changes. That's my main concern. It would be BS to assume he can replicate the power level of people completely no matter what.

4)

Yup. It's painful.

So it's surprising to see Mob basically have no reaction to having his thumb broken, have his limbs torn up, heck be petrified and shattered in the fight with Mogami.

This isn't me claiming or making stuff up. These are feats that keep on happening.

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/m2/mob_psycho_100/chapter_633/9.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/m2/mob_psycho_100/chapter_671_rightness_1/4.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/m2/mob_psycho_100/chapter_671_rightness_1/5.jpg

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/m2/mob_psycho_100/chapter_671_rightness_1/6.jpg

Don't be mad at me. Mob's not succumbing to much pain there.

Also, pounding an unconscious Mob is a very very bad idea. Cause then you have the ???% situation. Mob is going to tank through those attacks. Yes, he's in the mental world. But the feeling of physical pain was repeatedly enforced on him.

Also, I checked the wiki since I don't have the time to reread UnOrdinary. My doubts are right. There's no instance where John uses all of his collective abilities at the same time. There's a possibility that he can only use four copied abilities at a time and that the abilities he mimics are temporary. It makes sense too considering he would have so much abilities to use and master against everyone if it weren't the case.

Precog btw is not the best thing to use against someone who can use an AOE attack. Barrier will definitely last against TK. But ???% or any higher tier is gonna be an endgame.

But yeah, in that case agreeing that this is a stomp.

@Ciruno

Thanks for posting the feats. I can't really disagree with facts, lol.

In that case, Teruki would be better. And Arlo vs Mob is actually worse than John vs Mob. Perhaps Seraphina might be better. Or Vulcan since she would actually kill Mob if she can get close.

Honestly Mob Psycho as a verse is in dire need of a respect thread for feats and powers. The pages look really bare to me; right off the bat looking at those scans mob has a very potent Type 2 immortality that would make even John killing him mean nothing.

The profiles are pretty bad. Mob at base should be at least 8-C going by how he demolished Koyama the second time they fought.

I'm planning on reading through the manga after having watched the anime, so hopefully I can put something together.

@ Lit

That thread I'll join after catching up in Unordinary lol.

Been meaning to reread so definitely joining any sort of revision.

@Nico

We've seen Seraphina use her powers. When she fought against the guys that stole them, lol. Or when she one shot Arlo's barrier.

Though, I guess the verse is being revised. That's good to hear.

Well I've pretty much lost track of this match anyway, plus it seems that its gonna either be a stomp or both characters are gonna get revised.

Should this just be closed?

I'll close this, yeah.

Compiling feats is going to take a while, I just finished with scans from Mob vs. Teruki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back