• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Evil Wishgranter tries to paradox out Earth Chan

Yobobojojo said:
Even then, if this is a who shoots first, it looks like there are too many examples of PIS, CIS, inconsistencies, and questionable circumstances compared to a stronger opponent who starts off with it in character and has shown no such problems. My vote goes to Calypso

Well. It's really just an opinion at this point. And everyone's votes are valid.

Well... He does have the defense of just reality warping Gaea to death before she does it.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Calypso's new rating actually brings up an important question.

Can Gaea's transmutation affect beings larger than the Earth itself?
I asked this earlier and nobody managed to confirm that she could do this. If she has no feats of powernulling or transmuting someone whose size and powers are an entire tier above hers, then her powernull is a non-factor here.

This shouldn't be ignored just because a wealth of people cast their votes before it was brought up.

Well, the only reasons we should really think otherwise is if the person getting transmuted or powernulled is either a dimension higher or has resistance.

Yes, but in this case it's different. Calypso is quite literally larger than the Earth in this fight. To fully transmute him, she needs feats of having transmuted something which is larger than the entire planet she embodies. Otherwise we can't just assume she has the AoE for that.

Same with powernull. I wouldn't say a 5-B could powernull a 5-A unless they have feats of nulling something that much more powerful than them, or unless their null has special mechanics (like the ones in Supernatural) which allow them to explicitly ignore such gaps in power between the caster and the victim

Of course, even if she ca null or transmute him, it's a matter of whether or not she can (and will) fire that off before he transmutes the planet into something nonliving. Best case scenario, it's an inconclusive "who fires first" situation. Worst case scenario, he does what's in character and haxes immediately.

Which, Yobo has managed to provide a solid case for the latter, so I'd say that's most likely to be how things go down.

Just checked back through the thread. I don't think Gaea can transmutate something bigger than Earth. So I'm retracting my vote for now.

Yeah, I think I'll just remove them.

Back