• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Evil Wishgranter tries to paradox out Earth Chan

The way everyone has described her, it seems like she would be capable of it, and I feel like there may be an in-universe reason for why she hasn't done it before. Normally I'd agree about the whole "does the person do it in-character" thing, but this is more or less a scenario where she knows she's at risk of having the entire planet she embodies wiped out. I'm doubtful that a literal god character with knowledge and experience predating the world itself won't do everything in their power to save themselves if they know for a fact that their existence is in danger.

Wasn't the first thing she did when she finally woke up try to wipe out everything on the planet besides her children? i mean, when she was asleep, she was weak AF, compared to her awakened stage.

Mostly just a hax battle. Gaea can still easily win.

Calypso's new rating actually brings up an important question.

Can Gaea's transmutation affect beings larger than the Earth itself?

I think it would be within NLF territiory to say yes.

Well, the verdict of that is kind of important here, seeing as Calypso has shown to affect the entire planet with his powers even when he's normal-sized, numerous times. He has a lot of feats that revolve around either messing with the planet itself or affecting the entire world's population, so warping his way to victory is definitely an option for him, even against something of planetary size.

If she can affect something of his size as well, then I'm sticking with inconclusive. But if she has no showings of that, then I'm changing my vote to Calypso.

I believe it would be fair to say she can, because if you read up on the Primordials, they have done a bit of crazy stuff. In Lore Gaea basically created Uranos, who is the Sky. And Considering that she should be comparable to Odin, who can crate multiple planets with his mere hands and Ra, who can do comparable stuff, it is likely.

This is Riordan Gaea, or not? If so, then my reasoning should apply. Even lower Gods have caused Planetary Effects with their Powers. Gaea should be on the near penultimate Top of the Verse, only below Chaos.

Heilergott said:
This is Riordan Gaea, or not? If so, then my reasoning should apply. Even lower Gods have caused Planetary Effects with their Powers. Gaea should be on the near penultimate Top of the Verse, only below Chaos.
Well, she never made Uranus, that's the first problem with what you said. Odin is nowhere near Tier 5, and Apophis s probably the strongest 5-B

NO ONE STEALS MY BUMPS

ANGRELY SPAMS ENUMA ELISH

EaAtaraxia

No. It's battle of Hax, and they are still evenly matched. If Calypso tries to use his AP advantage, he'd probably get absorbed.

@Yobo It is massively implied that she gave Birth to Uranos because she was lonely. To be read in the Original PJO series and his "Greek Gods" and even mentioned in heroes". Considering she is the First of the Greek Deitys, she should have an Equal, if not superior, position and powers as opposed to Aphophis and Odin.

Odin has to be Tier 5 since he killed Ymir who was easily over planet size and then proceded to make the World from it. All of this can be easily read up in Magnus Chase. Also mentioned in "Guide to the 9 Realms". There is a Reason Odin is Tier 5.

Heilergott said:
@Yobo It is massively implied that she gave Birth to Uranos because she was lonely. To be read in the Original PJO series and his "Greek Gods" and even mentioned in heroes"
Odin has to be Tier 5 since he killed Ymir who was easily over planet size and then proceded to make the World from it. All of this can be easily read up in Magnus Chase. Also mentioned in "Guide to the 9 Realms". There is a Reason Odin is Tier 5.
I read the book, it stated Chaos heard her plee and complied.

As, for Odin, I could be wrong, but it ultimately doesn't matter

DMUA said:
No. It's battle of Hax, and they are still evenly matched. If Calypso tries to use his AP advantage, he'd probably get absorbed.
Minor nitpick, but he's not going to bother trying to do this anyway, not while he still has access to all of his other options.

Jesus pls nerf riordanverse lol

Now that you've said that, it would be the most Hilarious thing if Riordan introduced Christianity and Jesus had absolutely ridiculous power null.

Most gods use Transmutation on a whim, and I think Gaea would do the same. And, it's her mere presence that powernulls, not something she has to activate. Of course, that may not work on a stronger opponent......

@DMUA

Gaea isn't a god though, and what they do isn't necessarily what she would do. She never enter used it on any of the Demigods. In fact, she is a bit arrogant due to her status as a protogeni, and if she could have used her Hax on stronger opponents, that whole problem with Ouranos wouldn't have been a problem.

Than again, in this case, Gaea knows that Calypso is a reality warper and poses a big threat to her.

Even then, if this is a who shoots first, it looks like there are too many examples of PIS, CIS, inconsistencies, and questionable circumstances compared to a stronger opponent who starts off with it in character and has shown no such problems. My vote goes to Calypso

Lorevise, she is very much willing to use all powers necessary to archieve what she wants. HoO is a exception since she needed them to archieve her goals. And she was massively weakened, to, since she was asleep.

See my above example with Ouranos. Either she is unwilling or unable to do so on stronger opponents, which he is..

Yobobojojo said:
Even then, if this is a who shoots first, it looks like there are too many examples of PIS, CIS, inconsistencies, and questionable circumstances compared to a stronger opponent who starts off with it in character and has shown no such problems. My vote goes to Calypso
Pretty much my opinion at this point.

I'm already down for Calypso, but yeah.

Back