• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Evil Wishgranter tries to paradox out Earth Chan

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So, since this Calypso stomps this Calypso, and therefore Calypso vs Calypso isn't possible, this is the next best thing.

Speed Equalized

Gaea is in her True form and Calypso is the size of a planet

The battle is IN SPAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE

They have basic knowledge of eachother. Gaea knows Calypso is a potent reality warper, and Calypso knows he's fighting the very earth.

Otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions

Gaea:

Calypso: 7 (MrKingOfNegativity, VersusJunkie54, Gargoyle One, Errorsaness, TheSandman31, Phoenix821 and Yobobojojo)

Inconclusive:

I mean this in the blantest sense of the words, but...

If Calyspo does not start with either Instakill Realitymanip he is pretty much toast. Gaea is the incarnation of the earth and considering this fight, she could use her actual true form in this fight - meaning the earth itself.

Im sadly not 100% knowledgable in terms of Twisted Metal, but if Calyspos Reality Manip is not of the Instakill kind, he will have few chance of winning this. Gaea is a beast with her skills, and I see neither Regen nor resistance to MindHax on Calypsos page, and also no resistance to power null. And if Calypso is just a human with powers he might just die from looking at her true form, considering what that does to Non-God-Beings, even from weaker Gods.

"If Calypso's Reality Manip is not of the Instakill kind"

Literally every power you see on his page comes from his reality warping, including a few of his methods of BFR. He has many, many ways to end people in an instant with it, and also brings a mindset to match.

I may need some clarification on the "looking at her true form" bit, but if such a thing comes from lack of physical power, then that would be rendered moot by the OP granting Calypso his largest known size, which is when he grew himself to being this much larger than Earth in order to stretch a man's face all the way across the atmosphere.

I learned from Monarch that Hades is a pseudo-Omnipresent on a planetary scale, so I'll also need clarification on whether or not this is true of Gaea as well.

Well, she IS the earth, so she is a nigh-omnipresent as well.

She IS the Earth? Interesting...One thing I'm curious about now; would changing the Earth itself affect her in a negative way?

Also, would her powers be able to extend outside of Earth if she were required to? Because Calypso's sheer size here would effectively mean that the battle is taking place in space. The Final Frontier.

Well... I'd imagine it would hurt her if the earth was damaged. Leo was able to take her out with some prep, so a reality warper like Calypso could definitely kill her.

Don't remember the details, haven't read the book in a long long time. The profile says this though:

"Together with Octavian's onager, his total firepower was able to kill himself, Octavian, and also scattered a weakened Gaia"

I'm gonna see if I can get some other Riordan readers in here. I wanna save my voting until I know the full extent of what I'm looking at.

Another thing is, Heiler mentioned mindhax earlier. Can someone clarify that to me? Because I legit see no mind manipulation in Gaea's page.

She kinda did some crazy stuff to Leo temporarily. I do think Gaea would win though, as she kinda just does things without being truly around, and Calypso can't target the true being before getting god'ed.

What do you mean by "target the true being"? If her true form is literally the Earth itself, then what's stopping him from attacking/warping it while he's in space? (Which is where he's starting in this battle, seeing as the OP has made him literally too big to fit on the Earth)

I'm only asking because I've never actually read any Riordanverse material before (although the characters and verse seem interesting), so I have no idea what the context for everything is. No clue what the extent of her powers are, or anything.

Really? Thought you did considering that you made Hades vs Ganon. Oh well.

@DMUA:

I make a fuckton of matches centered around characters I don't know anything about. It's my way of keeping from doing the same thing over and over again, and also gives me a chance to see what other characters can do.

Usually, when a match of mine says "I don't even know..." or some variant of that in the OP, it means the characters aren't my realm of expertise. Usually.

Still kinda wondering what it is she can do, though. I mean I see the powers, but what are the extents of them? And is she even capable of affecting beings who're way out in space, away from Earth?

We don't really know. She's never had a fight like this.

Gaia is definitely able to affect beings away from Earth. The titans and gods rule the entire universe, not just Earth, and Gaia stands above 99.999% of them.

Actually 100%.

Well, that seems like one answer I was looking for.

Now for the other: would destroying or otherwise altering/restructuring the Earth be enough to defeat her?

Honestly, Leo beating Gaea was kinda PIS, since she's supposed to be even stronger than the combined Olympians.

As for what she did to Leo, she sent Eidolons to possess Leo and make him fire upon the Roman camp. She did the same thing to both Percy and Jason.

But honestly, Gaea really shouldn't have any problems with Calypso. All mortals can be easily poofed into a flower by any Greek God worth their salt, and Gaea is atop all of them.

Reppuzan said:
But honestly, Gaea really shouldn't have any problems with Calypso. All mortals can be easily poofed into a flower by any Greek God worth their salt, and Gaea is atop all of them.
Then as much as I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure this is a stomp, seeing as (from what I can tell) he has like no way of actually beating her except for maybe destroying/transmuting/whatever'ing the Earth itself. Which he probably won't even get the chance to find out is an option, judging from this description.

The guy's straight up fighting outside of his own weight class.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Then as much as I hate to say it, I'm pretty sure this is a stomp, seeing as (from what I can tell) he has like no way of actually beating her except for maybe destroying/transmuting/whatever'ing the Earth itself. Which he probably won't even get the chance to find out is an option, judging from this description.
The guy's straight up fighting outside of his own weight class.
Well, he could just BFR the planet into a star or something of the like. He's pretty Gung Ho with reality warping, right?

I'm not sure if he's capable of sending the entire planet somewhere else. He has a lot of options for BFR, but he's obviously only ever used them on people and such, not planetary bodies.

He would be capable of straight up causing it to explode if he were to use his RW abilities for raw power. (Given how his powers are played in-series as being the "do whatever you want" kind of reality warping, he should be able to do that much with it) And he legit would have no problem transmuting the entire planet into something nonliving as well, seeing as Sweet Tooth literally did just that when he had access to Calypso's powers.

But all that requires him to know that the Earth itself is a weakness (which I haven't even managed to find out yet, btw), and if all of what everyone else is saying is to be believed, he won't get the chance to learn that.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I'm not sure if he's capable of sending the entire planet somewhere else.
He would be capable of straight up causing it to explode if he were to use his RW for raw power. And he legit would have no problem transmuting the entire planet into something nonliving as well, seeing as Sweet Tooth literally did just that when he had access to Calypso's powers.

But all that requires him to know that the Earth itself is a weakness (which I haven't even managed to find out yet, btw), and if all of what everyone else is saying is to be believed, he won't get the chance to learn that.
The thing is, for this fight to be fair, he needs to know he's in a fight, and know who he's fighting.

Well, there are a few good ways he could win, therefore, Gaea mearly low diffs, there is no stomping here.

But, I suppose to make it better, I can give them basic knowledge of eachother.

I just saw the edit to the OP. Must've missed it before.

If prior knowledge is a factor, then...well, I dunno who wins, actually. Seems like a "who fires first" thing; either she insta-obliterates him, or he insta-obliterates/transmutes/warps/etc. the Earth and incapacitates her. (If altering the Earth would do such a thing to her, anyway) Going by his 2012 incarnation, he doesn't even need to really move in order to activate his powers, so he has just as much of a chance at firing off the first shot as she does.

Probably inconclusive unless there's something I'm missing.

The only reason Leo was able to Harm Gaea is because he removed her humanoid Body from the ground into the sky and then explodakilled her with propably the most powerful explosive this side of the master bolt. Meaning his ship, powered by things like Styx Water.

Considering that this fight is in Space, Gaea never would have to take humanoid form, instead just move as the earth itself. Only thing able to kill Geae permanenty in her "true planet form" should be blasting the very planet into tiny bits and scattering her across the universe, judging from former happenstances in the book. To be quite honest, I do not even know if Gaea even can die outside her humanoid form.

And, since i think it got forgotten... Calypso still has no defense against MindHax and PowerNull.

Yes, but the fact that the OP has given Calypso knowledge of Gaea now means that he's going to be trying to blast the Earth to very bits from the very beginning, and it's been shown on a few different occasions that his powers are more than capable of affecting the entire planet. And he won't have any qualms with it in-character, seeing as A) he's almost bunny-kickingly evil whenever he's not dealing with his daughter, B) he'll do anything to ensure he stays alive, and C) he won't suffer any of the consequences that come from blowing up/transmuting/etc. the planet he calls home, since he can easily just go back in time afterwards.

Like I said, it seems like a "who fires first" scenario. Either she fires first and ends him before he can do anything, or he fires first and ends the entire planet before Gaea can do anything. It's a cointoss.

(He'd be absolutely dead without prior knowledge, though...)

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Yes, but the fact that the OP has given Calypso knowledge of Gaea now means that he's going to be trying to blast the Earth to very bits from the very beginning, and it's been shown on a few different occasions that his powers are more than capable of affecting the entire planet. And he won't have any qualms with it in-character, seeing as A) he's bunny-kickingly evil, B) he'll do anything to ensure he stays alive, and C) he won't suffer any of the consequences that come from blowing up/transmuting/etc. the planet he calls home, since he can easily just go back in time afterwards.
Like I said, it seems like a "who fires first" scenario. Either she fires first and ends him before he can do anything, or he fires first and ends the entire planet before Gaea can do anything. It's a cointoss.

(He'd be absolutely dead without prior knowledge, though...)
Does Gaea even transmute in character?

Seeing as the OP gave her prior knowledge as well (meaning she knows just how dangerous Calypso is), I'm pretty sure she'd have to be stupid not to go for the kill immediately. I don't even know anything about the character, but I'm sure she'll do it.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Seeing as the OP gave her prior knowledge as well (meaning she knows just how dangerous Calypso is), I'm pretty sure she'd have to be stupid not to go for the kill immediately. I don't even know anything about the character, but I'm sure she'll do it.
Still, we've never seen her do it in a combat setting.

Back