• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amphibian Girl vs Reptilian Scientist (Tsuyu Asui vs The Lizard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
but since they both can do it.

i assume they'll just chase each other around the zoo.

but it's really big is what i'm saying.

i said

And some places that are crowded you could just jump if you can do that. High jump

(you can also climb them if you want)

i meant that they also plenty of space to fight. (i didn't want to rig the match or anything)

A location you picked, which as said, is actively nulling mobility options for Lizard in favor of tsuyu.

i didn't mean it. (i choose a zoo because it fits the theme. but if you don't want it impress/it rigs the match)

i'm perfectly fine with any other setting. i hate the idea of rigging matches.

provided it does not rig the match.

Use a warehouse or shipping yard or something, any place which gives Lizard chokepoints and verticals while still being open enough for Tsuyu to traverse effectively.

This adds more dynamic to the fight now.

Character-wise, the Lizard is a combatant who prefers cramped spaces and is very likely to remain in them, typically setting up stealth attacks by latching onto the walls, to drop down on his preys, which makes his Lifting Strength a far more notable threat.

Of course he CAN be lured out of them, but ig that's reliant on combat smarts of Froppy here, I'll wait for supporters to input

First off: why isn't Tsu fully scaling to Shishida? She did not take a restrained hit, he did the exact same move to her he did to Kirishima and literally tossed her into a building, which she just got back up from with minimal damage. She should be fully scaling to him in the first place.

Second: yes, she does have paralysis with her mucus. That is demonstrably said and shown with Chimera's movements becoming slower and him locking up. That is only with a COATING of her mucus on the limbs of Iida and Kirishima, NOT from her direct body, which would be more potent. So saying she doesn't have paralysis just because Chimera powered up through a very low application of it is ridiculous.

Third: Chimera actually wasn't moving at all after he got paralyzed. You'll notice that after he begins to lock up, he doesn't use his arms or legs anymore. He stands in one spot and moves his head to breathe fire or he moves his tail. So the paralysis worked anyway, Rusty, you're simply not correct on that.

Fourth: Tsuyu can camouflage. The Lizard doesn't seem to have enhanced senses, at least not on his profile. So he isn't sneaking up on her, she is sneaking up on him. He is entirely on the defensive here and his LS won't matter if he's constantly getting kicked all over.

Fifth: The Lizard seems far worse in intelligence and fighting skill than Tsuyu. So she can literally just bounce around and beat him down while applying her paralysis until he locks up and then knock him out.

So Tsuyu wins due to being smarter, stronger and having paralysis + camoflage.

Ah, Chimera does seem to throw a punch actually now that I rewatched the fight, so he did seem to not be affected by the paralysis

However, as was shown, that was due to him powering up. So I don't see why that would mean "Tsuyu never had any paralysis to begin with, the kids were lying about that power."

I don't mind Asui being High 8-C+ in general, I was just using the profiles reasoning. At the least her dura is without a doubt High 8-C+

Can anyone provide a statement or proof of paralysis, they never state that he was paralyzed or that her Mucus can paralyze people. Or do I have bad subs?

We have zero idea what her Mucus did to him, please someone provide evidence. We don't give people abilities based off speculation or assumptions.

Last edited:
I don't mind Asui being High 8-C+ in general, I was just using the profiles reasoning. At the least her dura is without a doubt High 8-C+

Can anyone provide a statement or proof of paralysis, they never state that he was paralyzed or that her Mucus can paralyze people. Or do I have bad subs?

We have zero idea what her Mucus did to him, please someone provide actual evidence. We don't give people abilities based off speculation or assumptions.
When Chimera begins to freeze up, they say it was part of their plan.

If they weren't going to bank on her poison making his muscles freeze up, why did they coat themselves in it in the first place?

Chimera goes to keep fighting, then out of nowhere starts struggling to move, which the students say is Tsuyu's mucus "starting to work." How does that not imply her mucus is what is causing him to struggle to move? This seems like an incredibly strange argument, since the ONLY reason he went full power in the first place was to counteract his body slowing down from the mucus.

This isn't speculation or an assumption. It is very blatant that her mucus affected his body, so he powered up in response. Therefore, Tsuyu's mucus can be used on the Lizard.

I actually don't have a copy of the movie with me and I'm not about to infect my computer with viruses from online websites, so I'm just operating off memory and badly edited youtube clips

He isn't struggling to move, how does one even visually show that? His actions could mean multiple things, not that he's frozen and can't move.

His body could be getting numb which is making him slower or weaker, maybe his muscle are tensing up from the poison which makes them more likely to tear when he moves, or maybe his nerves are acting up. There are many explanation on what a poisonous mucus can do besides paralyzing him.

He moves his hands while he's "paralyzed", he can move his hands and even look down at his hands. Paralyzed means he can't move period, not even a centimeter. He doesn't have to throw a punch to show movement, him shifting around is proof he isn't paralyzed.

Can't just buy the movie I assume?

He isn't struggling to move, how does one even visually show that? His actions could mean multiple things, not that he's frozen and can't move.

His body could be getting numb which is making him slower or weaker, maybe his muscle are tensing up from the poison which makes them more likely to tear when he moves, or maybe his nerves are acting up. There are many explanation on what a poisonous mucus can do besides paralyzing him.

He moves his hands while he's "paralyzed", he can move his hands and even look down at his hands. Paralyzed means he can't move period, not even a centimeter. He doesn't have to throw a punch to show movement, him shifting around is proof he isn't paralyzed.

Can't just buy the movie I assume?
So you agree that the mucus was affecting him?

It was visually shown by him stopping from his movements and bringing his arms closer while he shuddered. You can see that he was tensing up and even commented on it.

If your argument is "he was not fully paralyzed" then I agree, since he was not getting hit directly from Tsuyu, it was through Iida and Kirishima who had a light coating on and were hitting him with it. Had Tsuyu been hitting him or just putting her bare hands on him multiple times, like she can do to the Lizard, then the toxin would spread far quicker and have a bigger affect.

But if your argument is "if he was dunked in a vat of Tsuyu's mucus he would not be affected at all," then you're just blatantly wrong, considering the plot only moved forward because the mucus was affecting him to a degree that he actually cared to power up through it.

Last edited:
Fourth: Tsuyu can camouflage. The Lizard doesn't seem to have enhanced senses, at least not on his profile.
Weird, he has alot of Enhanced Senses feats, I'll try finding some and adding them.
So he isn't sneaking up on her, she is sneaking up on him
....why?
Fifth: The Lizard seems far worse in intelligence
Relevance? He has enough intelligence to get by fine, it's not like he's a combatant reliant on outskilling his opponents

Ok I think this match may need to be closed because of reworks on both ends, I'm finding too much shit for the Lizard not listed on his file, that I may have to re-research him

So you agree that the mucus was affecting him?
Mucus affecting him doesn't equal paralyzed, why are we giving her an ability she doesn't have? What makes Paralysis anymore likely than his nerves becoming numb via the toxin, making his body move slower and in turn be weaker? Unless Chimera stated he can't move, it's not paralyzing him.

His body suddenly jerk and he looked his arms, he's even capable of moving slightly. How convenient that the person Asui uses this on is resistance to being paralyzed and it doesn't effect him.

Also apparently she can control the toxin of her mucus, since she can put it on her friends limbs and they aren't affected but Chimera is? And she even covers Shinso and Kaminari's body in her Mucus and nothing happens to them. There is no explanation given or any statement that she can just make her Mucus not toxic like how Mina can make her acid less acidic.

Honestly, I'd prefer to wait until she uses the toxin thing in the main series. Or if the second guide explains that is what her Mucus does.

Mucus affecting him doesn't equal paralyzed, why are we giving her an ability she doesn't have? What makes Paralysis anymore likely than his nerves becoming numb via the toxin, making his body move slower and in turn be weaker? Unless Chimera stated he can't move, it's not paralyzing him.

His body suddenly jerk and he looked his arms, he's even capable of moving slightly. How convenient that the person Asui uses this on is resistance to being paralyzed and it doesn't effect him.

Also apparently she can control the toxin of her mucus, since she can put it on her friends limbs and they aren't affected but Chimera is? And she even covers Shinso and Kaminari's body in her Mucus and nothing happens to them. There is no explanation given or any statement that she can just make her Mucus not toxic like how Mina can make her acid less acidic.

Honestly, I'd prefer to wait until she uses the toxin thing in the main series. Or if the second guide explains that is what her Mucus does.
Cool that you ignored literally everything else I said.

So you believe the kids were lying out of their ass when they mentioned her Micus? Or that she lied to them about her mucus being toxic?

Chimera is smiling while fighting them, then all of a sudden stops smiling and tenses up, looking shocked. They then say that “it” had begun to work, then went into an explanation of having coated their limbs in Tsu’s mucus.

The mucus was on Iida’s armor, which means it wouldn’t affect him, and Kirishima, whose skin hardens so it doesn’t even get absorbed. Quite convenient that the two people that have her mucus on them are the two that can make armor to resist it getting inside their bodies, almost like they planned it out or something.

You’re being blatantly dishonest if you’re still saying her mucus wasn’t having a noticeable affect. That or you’re completely blind to everything they were saying and Chimera’s own actions right before powering up. Whether he was fully paralyzed or not doesn’t matter, if they apply more to him he would be.

Frogs can regulate their toxicity, Rusty. That’s basic biology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back