• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Among Us Discussion: New Roles

So, what's there to cover:

•Whether or not the new roles need new profiles or just new keys.

•The Guardian Angel gets Forefield Generation as well as all the powers of the Ghost Crewmate.

•The Scientist gets (limited?) Information Analysis by being able to check vitals on the go.

•The Engineer doesn't really get anything besides perhaps the venting speed of the Impostor.

•The Shapeshifter gets nothing different from the Impostor except using Shapeshifting in-character.

I have yet to check out the content from the update itself, so I only have the announcement video to go off of. Speaking of which, it will be good for linking evidence.
I think the roles should be different keys, following the normal keys, using "as before" to convey that the roles add abilities on top of what was in the previous key. This also means Crewmates get more optional equipment, or the Crewmates will have key separation in the Standard Equipment section.
Crewmates should have an upgrade to intelligence. Any of the crewmates are able to be an engineer or scientist, so Crewmates being smart is no longer just a likely idea (which is what is currently expressed on the page). Now I am certain that the Crewmates are smart.
Engineers would get possibly subsonic travel speed like the Impostor. It is already conveyed to be a possibility on the Impostor page.
To be percise, Impostors already shapeshift in-character before the game begins. Shapeshifter Impostors just do it more.

Cool, i'm gonna play the new update soon
I also think the roles should be different keys, thought the profiles would get a little messy with all the keys so i could also understand new profiles
Also the guardian angel would be 9-B with shields for blocking impostor attacks

I played Among Us with the new update, and it's the most fun I've had with the game. Even the little changes like the reorganization of the buttons are very good changes. Anyway, after playing, I think that due to the nature of the way roles work, I am confident that the characters should get new keys instead of new profiles. It doesn't matter if it will seem a little messy at first. There have been messier key distinctions, and I'm sure we can work something neat out with dividers inside of dividers. We don't even need to do this in the usual key distinction way. For example, with speed, we can write "possible Subsonic travel speed as an Engineer ([evidence])" for Crewmates. For Intelligence of Crewmates, we can factor in all of the roles into one explanation since any Crewmate has a chance of having one. (It won't be a composite though, since they can have only one role at a time. So above average instead of gifted.)

While playing, I also found out that the Impostor can prevent Guardian Angels from using shields by doing Comms Sabotaged. I don't have footage because I don't record myself playing and I have not looked at Among Us videos about the update because I preferred to experience it myself. Would this be power nullification for Impostors?

While playing, I also found out that the Impostor can prevent Guardian Angels from using shields by doing Comms Sabotaged. I don't have footage because I don't record myself playing and I have not looked at Among Us videos about the update because I preferred to experience it myself. Would this be power nullification for Impostors?
I guess it would be power null, that or the shields are somehow radio based which isn't likely

Also since the guardian angel can prevent all impostor kills that should include the impostors lasers too, would that make them scale to the lasers? Or would that just be a possibly rating

Wait, the Ghost Crewmates can still do the trash task that gives them 9-B. Can't we change their Unknown to 9-B?

I mean, you could argue the lack of interaction to be a game mechanic as well. The game makes it clear that the ghosts need to/have the option to finish their tasks

Maybe an "Unknown, likely Wall level (Can perform the trashbag task much like their living counterparts, but cannot interact with other Crewmates or Impostors)" could work

I mean, you could argue the lack of interaction to be a game mechanic as well. The game makes it clear that the ghosts need to/have the option to finish their tasks

Maybe an "Unknown, likely Wall level (Can perform the trashbag task much like their living counterparts, but cannot interact with other Crewmates or Impostors)" could work
i'm not sure, i'll wait and see what other people on this thread think

Now that you mention it, the ghosts could get a 9-B rating since they can do trash.

There have even been instances where is Visual Tasks are on and a ghost does it, the visual task will be visible to living crewmates despite how they see nothing since they can't see the ghost.

I also think the ghosts can get an upgrade for the reasons above. However, this thread is not about that. Has there been enough input for someone to get this revision approved by moderator so we can make the update to the pages in regards to the new roles in Among Us?

I also think the ghosts can get an upgrade for the reasons above. However, this thread is not about that. Has there been enough input for someone to get this revision approved by moderator so we can make the update to the pages in regards to the new roles in Among Us?
wouldn't the page updates require a CRT?

Maybe the guardian angels shields should be "At Most Wall level" because they break upon being hit by an impostor

Back