• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amon (Starcraft) vs Gilgamesh (Fate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil has AP and overall versatility in Hax.

That said, I'm gonna wait for more input before voting, but I think Amon takes this.

Just because someone can mindhax a lot of people doesn't mean it's potent enough.

This was post by YungManzi.

Mind hax isn't something that's strained by knowledge or intelligence(At least not traditionally). So why use that to judge the potency of mind hax at all? It makes some amount of sense in real life, but in fiction where one doesn't have to be more intelligent than someone else in order for their mindhax to work on them, the argument that more intelligent=more impressive isn't something that should be used.

Not only was this contested by basically every staff member and a bunch of other users like myself.

But are you saying that Gilgamesh's Mind resistance, which is at most a trillion and that's wanking.

Is going to block mindhax that covers, I repeat 20 Quintillio Zerg?

Even if that logic was correct, and it's still highly contested.

Do you have any idea how big the number difference is?

John985 said:
Just because someone can mindhax a lot of people doesn't mean it's potent enough.

This was post by YungManzi.

Mind hax isn't something that's strained by knowledge or intelligence(At least not traditionally). So why use that to judge the potency of mind hax at all? It makes some amount of sense in real life, but in fiction where one doesn't have to be more intelligent than someone else in order for their mindhax to work on them, the argument that more intelligent=more impressive isn't something that should be used.
No one is arguing that smarter=better mind resistance.

The argument is simply that mind hax that affects 20 quintillions >>>>>> mind hax in the billions

Which is how we judge mind hax here

PaChi2 said:
So, how likely is Amon to mindhax Gil before SNI yadayada
Gil sees a bunch of possible futures where he gets mind haxed and that's about it.

Precog doesn't really help if you can't do anything

@John

It's not. We had a ton of threads about that, if you disagree make a CRT, because that's what is accepted as potency

TBH Void Shard doesn't even change anything, it makes him Low 5B but that's it.

He could take it as a High 6A.

He has a physical form here, but he isn't limited to it. I only said what I said because his only real attack when having no body is just lolmindhax'ing everything. He still does it even with a host body; Killing the avatar body won't at all effect Amon's real self at all really.

Edit:

@Gargoyle

Yeah what I meant was that as a Non-Corporeal, he really just mind haxes everything. Not that Gil can't hurt him.

Yeah. I... never contested that. My point is, Amon mindhaxes first thing regardless of being Non Corporeal or within a Body.

Not sure why you stated killing the avatar won't affect the real Amon if he has nothing to do with the fight tho

Just debating whether or not this is a stomp if Amon uses mind hax first thing before Gil can do anything to him.

"Gil can restrain him with a thought using Enkidu"

Too bad Amon mindhaxes first thing while Gil, from what I recall, never opened with that ever.

AssaltWaffle's the main StarCraft expert, so he should have a good judgment for how this match will turn out.

Akreious said:
"Gil can restrain him with a thought using Enkidu"

Too bad Amon mindhaxes first thing while Gil, from what I recall, never opened with that ever.
Your point being.....?

And?

Note how I even stated in the thread Amon mindhaxes in this

And also note that I posted after monarch spokebwho asked if this was a stomp.

What? What more do I need to add? I'm just responding to your comment of "Gil can restrain"

Edit: It probably is? I mean, what can Gil really do before he just dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back