• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

American Dragon Jake Long Speed Revision (Laser Downgrade)

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Since our light/laser requirements are strict as shit, I think we need to address lasers from American Dragon: Jake Long.

The Huntsmen Lasers
Currently we accept the Huntsmen lasers as legitimate lasers and thus lightspeed. The reasons for this can be found in this blog but I'll post them here to make it easier on all use lazy people out there.

Important Note: The videos linked in the blog are no longer up but that's not really needed given how this is about to go down.

"We know the Huntsman's spears are legit lasers because they have properties to melt, vaporize, move in a straight line and even reflect off mirrors. It should also be worth nothing that the Huntsman spear shoots said lasers from a lens in the middle of the spear."

"To prove the projectiles are lasers..."

"1. Oh there is another thing I (Squidly) have seen though that helps show the light use argument. While I was digging, the Huntsman uses his spear lens to project holograms. Which are light based projections."

"2. S1 Ep9: These lasers BURN on contact of non-reflective substances"

"3. S2 Ep6: At 20:16, You can see smoke emitting from the monster struck with the beam.

"4. The projectile did bounce back on reflective surfaces."

If you take a look at our Light Requirements page you'll see that this isn't enough for lightspeed on this site. We don't use burning or emitting smoke as justifications for lasers being legit. And while a hologram is also under light manipulation, it's not the same attack being shot by the staff.

The requirements for light/lightspeed are...

* The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...

* The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.

* The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.

* It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

* It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.

As you can see, it only fits 1 of the requirements which is the reflecting of mirrors but that isn't enough especially with given how strict we are regarding this subject.

Conclusion
If someone has more evidence that points to these being legitimate lasers then I'd like to hear them but as of now, the laser do not have enough justification to be considered legitimate lasers/lightspeed. Unless new evidence is brought forward, I suggest the characters be downgraded to the next usable feat which is the leprechaun dodging lighting and the low end was accepted at Massively Hypersonic. A note should be placed on the verse page that the lasers shown throughout the series do not have enough showings to be considered actual laser.

First Randy Cunningham, now Jake Long... if Danny Phantom's Ghost Ray doesn't get accepted at lightspeed I'm gonna be pissed. The dream team will forever be stuck under lightspeed...

Agree with you, don’t wanna downgrade but if we going off the wiki requirements it’s not Sol.
I don't wanna downgrade him either but if no new feats are found then the isn't much anyone can do. I wish the Gorgan Sisters lasers had more feats but they have only the reflection thing like the Huntsmen's laser.

Could have got 6-B Jake Long going by what his Grandfather said but no one is accepting that statement.

I don't wanna downgrade him either but if no new feats are found then the isn't much anyone can do. I wish the Gorgan Sisters lasers had more feats but they have only the reflection thing like the Huntsmen's laser.

Could have got 6-B Jake Long going by what his Grandfather said but no one is accepting that statement.
At this point, all my favorite verses are getting downgraded every other day.

Back