• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amanda the Adventurer Upgrades

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so Amanda the Adventurer got a calc accepted. Okay, so see this?

Get this, High 8-C+!: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Amanda_the_Adventurer:_The_Buildings_Are_Dead!

This was from Amanda melting buildings, killing them. This holds consistency with, well, Amanda earlier trying to take out the Butcher Shops in a game of Hakai Whack-a-Mole. She's significantly stronger than past indie horror game villains (Freddy Fazbear, the Neighbor, Bendy, etc), like damn! It's flipping crazy..!

She had did other things, like snapping Woolie's leg (Street level+, due to the leg being snapped perpendicularly) and, in her demon form, slamming an attic door open and basically FNaF-ing Riley. There's also mutilating Woolie prior to the "Good" ending, but I dunno how mutilation's supposed to work in the context of this site's tiering system in general.

There had been some dissention asserting that the show is just lines of code... First of all, how inept are you in the technologies of the past? VHS tapes (invented in 1976, with similar technologies dating into the 1950s https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VHS ) and CRT television sets (1954 for the first color CRTs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode-ray_tube ) were technologies made when TVs and home media had nothing to do with programming in that context, and DVDs (invented in 1996 and actually have something to do with programming), which were made when Amanda the Adventurer was in production (late 90s-early 2000s) did not completely phase out VHS until 2005 or 2006. You even screw with Amanda and Woolie with an oven that very much isn't a Samsung Smart Fridge. You're very much using media that had nothing to do with coding to interact with the show.

Second of all, Amanda and Woolie were both shown to be autonomous like us humans are. You really can't code autonomy regardless of what AI "artists" and people using ChatGPT tell you.

Thirdly, it was shown in plenty of instances that Amanda and the show is tethered to the real world in some shape or form. I'll go for the explicit bits first before getting to the implicit bits. In the normal route where you basically give all the correct answers to Amanda, no off-beaten paths, Amanda says that sometimes she can feel herself rotting when educating Riley, the viewer, about decomposition. In the "Good Ending," after you let Amanda share a secret with you, she tells you that she's "out there somewhere" before the TV goes Exorcist mode decides that trying to mate with Missingno is a good idea. By "out there," she means reality. Oh, and in one ending, the attic door winds up taking you to the very butcher shop Amanda went apeshit in and melted down. Yes, you very physically enter the show's butcher shop through the attic door like some pocket dimension nonsense in one ending, no code needed (not that Riley could even do C++ as far as I'm aware). We usually tier pocket dimensions based on what all is in there, btw.

This next one sits in the middle ground between explicit and implicit. In one of the secret tapes, we hear the crew at Hameln forcing Rebecca through a physical recording session, much to Sam's despair. That part is explicit, although implicitly, one can say that through this recording session, Hameln is merging Rebecca with the show or at the very least the demon Amanda turns into. Lastly, this one's very implicit, but in the worst ending in the game, you watch as Amanda goes full on apeshit as she turns into the demon that bursts through the alley door later on. The sticker you get for that ending, a sad Amanda, implies that the kitten Amanda hellbentedly implored you to save symbolically represents Rebecca herself.

That's 3 or 4 endings and one secret tape showing a straight-up connection between the show and reality. Here are the endings, btw.:

So yeah, there you have it: a nice, lovely upgrade for Amanda. Whew!

Oh, and Amanda should get Existence Erasure. Here, if you purposely ignore Amanda's question in the Everything Rots tape, she outright erases Woolie from existence:

Just pointing that out.

Last edited:
The calc would work if those were real buildings, but they are very obviously... not real buildings. They exist as data within a VHS being displayed on a television screen. One thing that clears up a lot of the OP is that "data" isn't limited to code like you'd find in a video game or website. Google can say it better than I can, so here are the two relevant definitions of "data":

facts and statistics collected together for reference or analysis

or

the quantities, characters, or symbols on which operations are performed by a computer, being stored and transmitted in the form of electrical signals and recorded on magnetic, optical, or mechanical recording media.

The second definition is more relevant here. All this to say, a world within a VHS tape is still a world made of data (most VHS tapes used a form of magnetic tape, to be specific). The profile even says that she's a being made of data, not code.

First of all, how inept are you in the technologies of the past?
I grew up on VHS and CRT TVs :(

Moving on though,

Second of all, Amanda and Woolie were both shown to be autonomous like us humans are. You really can't code autonomy regardless of what AI "artists" and people using ChatGPT tell you.
It's a haunted (for lack of a better word, I know its not 100% confirmed) tape. Amanda and Wooly showing sentience is apart of that. Fiction has had sentient beings exist in data since at least the 1960s with Doctor Who.

In the normal route where you basically give all the correct answers to Amanda, no off-beaten paths, Amanda says that sometimes she can feel herself rotting when educating Riley, the viewer, about decomposition. In the "Good Ending," after you let Amanda share a secret with you, she tells you that she's "out there somewhere" before the TV goes Exorcist mode decides that trying to mate with Missingno is a good idea. By "out there," she means reality.
She can still interact with the real world in minor ways, and it's implied she can feel her human body rotting after her soul/mind/whatever (the game doesn't make it clear) gets trapped in the show. This doesn't prove that the world in the show is anything but data.

Oh, and in one ending, the attic door winds up taking you to the very butcher shop Amanda went apeshit in and melted down. Yes, you very physically enter the show's butcher shop through the attic door like some pocket dimension nonsense in one ending, no code needed
She sucks Riley into the video tape. The room we appear in is still just data in a VHS tape. It would require a much longer leap in logic to assume that the VHS world is real and exists as a pocket dimension.

We usually tier pocket dimensions based on what all is in there, btw
But not data dimensions. See here, here, here, and here. These are all beings who exist as data and are tiered as such.

While I don't want to slip into whataboutism, I do feel like this comparison is warranted. Friday Night Funkin' features Senpai, a possessed-by-a-human-spirit pixel guy who exists within a videogame that the protagonist gets sucked into and has to face. As the verse doesn't play out within the game Senpai is in, Senpai is treated as a 10-C data being. Amanda shouldn't be any different, as the exact same can be said for her. The plot doesn't take place in the data world (unlike something like Sword Art Online or Wreck-It-Ralph) and the only time we actually enter it is when Riley gets trapped there in the bad ending.

TL;DR -- This is a very, very obvious case of a data manipulator manipulating data within a data realm, not AP. The game takes place outside and above this data realm in the real world. Amanda the Adventurer exists as a fictional cartoon on VHS tapes in-universe. We play as Riley, a normal human who is trying to solve a puzzle and watches these tapes to get clues. Amanda can influence the real world (much like Giffany and William can, as linked above) but is still a being made of data. A sentient being made of data, much like all four of the above examples, but still data nonetheless. I disagree with the OP

There's also this on the Reality Equalization page;

Additionally, Reality Equalization cannot apply to virtual worlds that exist parallelly to the real world, as those are simply alternate universes, not lower of planes of reality. It also cannot apply to AIs or other electronic entities, as those do not meet the requirements for existing in a lower plane of reality and are instead mere sentient electrical signals.

I need to say, the only thing that makes It seen like a "virtual world" is the fact we see It trough a screen

But It really seens more like a other dimension conected by the tapes

We even get to be trapped on It in one of the endings and wow, we percive It as a standard 3D space

Amanda also is able to use her powers to heavely afect the attic durig the whole game

But the thing that makes It more clear that this isn't a 'virtual world" is that It's kinda clear that Amanda and Wooly are the same on ever tape, if It was a virtual world they would be limitted to a single tape, but no. They are the same on all tapes, and even in the cartoon passing on TV as we see in the "mint flavored ice cream" tape

So I can say I agree with the changes

But wouldn't say It apply to Amanda monster form as It seens like Amanda has a lot more control inside the tape "world" them outside of them

For me, Amanda should have 3 keys "Amanda(inside the tape World), Tapes(this is for how amanda can affect the attic just based on her animation playing) and Monster form"

Also, sinse Amanda can drag others ro inside the tape, or she get's the habilit to out right flatten reality making others data and turning them into 10-C or lower beinghs as she transmutate them or we considere the inside of the tapes to be as real as the attic world

Also, just the fact It's a portal that bringhs others to inside the tapes, like the protagonist and that kid makes It less likely to be a "virtual world" especially whem the entire game is about Amanda beingh a lot more real them what she should be

Yeah, Amanda is more of a Sonic.exe than a Senpai
I will not pretend I know what this mean

I need to say, the only thing that makes It seen like a "virtual world" is the fact we see It trough a screen
That's far from the only reason. The world is data from a VHS tape that we see on a TV screen through the POV of Riley. It's never stated to be anything more than this.

We even get to be trapped on It in one of the endings and wow, we percive It as a standard 3D space
As I said before, Riley gets trapped in the tape. Riley, in that moment, is transformed into data within the tape. As this is a spooky haunted tape, and to make the visuals make sense, we see through Riley's POV.

Amanda also is able to use her powers to heavely afect the attic durig the whole game
Data beings can effect the world outside of their realm, but this doesn't make them any less 'real'. Look at GIFanny's profile, or William's.
But the thing that makes It more clear that this isn't a 'virtual world" is that It's kinda clear that Amanda and Wooly are the same on ever tape, if It was a virtual world they would be limitted to a single tape, but no. They are the same on all tapes, and even in the cartoon passing on TV as we see in the "mint flavored ice cream" tape
The same can be said in almost every "haunted video game/show/website" storyline. In fact, the tapes lack almost any sense of continuity. They don't start a tape talking about what happened in the last one. This is another point against it being a world with it's own time and space, there's little to no continuity in them.

Yeah, Amanda is more of a Sonic.exe than a Senpai
If Sonic.EXE were allowed on the VsBW, he would also have to be 10-C due to the standards in place lol. He only exists in the Sonic.exe file and can only manifest as a plush toy in the real world. There may be more but idk my Sonic.EXE lore

However, again, I want to direct you to the other numerous data-being pages on this wiki. Amanda fits all the same criteria as say, GIFanny and Senpai.

Amanda is a human who's soul was put into a fictional TV show/its tapes, and while she can effect the real world and tape worlds, she is still a being made of data and therefore 10-C

Spirit/Senpai is a human who's soul was put into a fictional videogame, and while he can effect the real world and tape worlds, he is still a being made of data and therefore 10-C

GIFany doesn't follow it to a tee but same idea. She can kill other data beings like Rumble (who is also sentient) and effect the outside world, but is 10-C due to being data.

GIFany and William both have feats of trapping someone in the data world btw. That doesn't mean much besides transmutation/sealing

There is a precedent set for characters like Amanda, with literally dozens of examples, so I don't see why she should be exempt. Maybe there is a much broader discussion to be had about data characters getting a "inside the context of their data world" key, but this isn't the place to do that lol

AvA has a lot of problems, but to it's credit, the plot revolves around everything that goes on within the data universe. It's like Sword Art Online and Wreck-It-Ralph, which means Reality Equalization can happen

AtA takes place 99% percent outside the data world and focuses more on the in-universe irl mystery (of Hamelin, Kate, Rebecca, etc.) than whatever Amanda and Wooly are doing in the tapes

Last edited:
That's far from the only reason. The world is data from a VHS tape that we see on a TV screen through the POV of Riley. It's never stated to be anything more than this.
We literaly enter It
As I said before, Riley gets trapped in the tape. Riley, in that moment, is transformed into data within the tape. As this is a spooky haunted tape, and to make the visuals make sense, we see through Riley's POV.
I disagree, to be made of Data this data has to be stored, and if It's stored in a VHS this data would need to be limited to such device
Data beings can effect the world outside of their realm, but this doesn't make them any less 'real'. Look at GIFanny's profile, or William's.
Agree
The same can be said in almost every "haunted video game/show/website" storyline. In fact, the tapes lack almost any sense of continuity. They don't start a tape talking about what happened in the last one. This is another point against it being a world with it's own time and space, there's little to no continuity in them.
It's true for the most part... untill we get to Wooly in the medic tape, where he show to remenber the player, even stating "Oh, It's you" and this can possible be applied to the "Everything roots" tape, sinse after we choose to help the kitten he is now present on this tape after the last one, Wooly also try to help the player scape before the "secrets" tape, showing they do in fact have conections with one another

Other point is the fact the Tape world and the attic is so connected trough portals, It's not something you are pulled into, It's a portal, we have to phisically walk inside

this mean a passage to the tape world is open, conecting the 2 places in the same level of "real", the player only is tranformed after entering the portal

Another thing is Amanda monster form entering the attic, even if we considere her to be "turning It self in non data object" she should at least have the same level of power she show inside the tapes

I also would like to mention that has been some time sinse It was decided that the level of "dimensionality" or what the character is made shouldn't be the reason they get a expecific AP, AP is for the level of damage they can applie to something, that's why Amanda currenty profile uses her beingh able to move de TV to explain her AP instead of her beingh made of data

Another exemple of verse that has "data" characters beingh considered non 10-C is ninjago Overlord inside the digverse

Any way, just the fact the protagonist is brought into the tape world seeing and perciving It as a phisical 3D space should be enough to give the feats inside the tapes a AP value and give Amanda a "Tape dimension" key

As I said before, my proposition is that Amanda get 3 keys, a new one for her character inside the show, one for the tapes that would take the place of her currently base key and her monster form

I also would like to mention that has been some time sinse It was decided that the level of "dimensionality" or what the character is made shouldn't be the reason they get a expecific AP, AP is for the level of damage they can applie to something, that's why Amanda currenty profile uses her beingh able to move de TV to explain her AP instead of her beingh made of data
According to the RE page, the opposite is true. Data characters aren't effected via still being technically 3-D

Another thing is Amanda monster form entering the attic, even if we considere her to be "turning It self in non data object" she should at least have the same level of power she show inside the tapes
Not how that works. She uses the form to appear in the real world, which she can't manipulate like data

Another exemple of verse that has "data" characters beingh considered non 10-C is ninjago Overlord inside the digverse
The digiverse is an important part of the plot (it got a whole season that takes place in it), and is confirmed to be it's own dimension
Any way, just the fact the protagonist is brought into the tape world seeing and perciving It as a phisical 3D space should be enough to give the feats inside the tapes a AP value
It's not. Riley sees it as a real room because they are within data of a room

As I said before, my proposition is that Amanda get 3 keys, a new one for her character inside the show, one for the tapes that would take the place of her currently base key and her monster form
No other characters like Amanda have a key for this, because RE doesn't apply to them

From the page:

Additionally, Reality Equalization cannot apply to virtual worlds that exist parallelly to the real world, as those are simply alternate universes, not lower of planes of reality. It also cannot apply to AIs or other electronic entities, as those do not meet the requirements for existing in a lower plane of reality and are instead mere sentient electrical signals.

Unacceptable examples:

• GIFfany and Rumble McSkirmish, while both being virtual characters, are portrayed as simple sentient programs and do not inhabit a full, fictional world. On top of this, little to none of the series they hail from takes place in their perspective.
Amanda fits these perfectly

There’s a reason Amanda has a data and Real world key. Anything Amanda does in the vhs tape is Below average human as it’s done as data inside a vhs tape. Those buildings are not real and wouldn’t scale to Amanda as if she were manipulating the real world. Equalizing reality would only work that way in the case of doki doki for example.

Even when equalized, Amanda is still inside a vhs tape.

Back